It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full steam ahead for California carbon trading

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

No it won't.
The business will just pay the newly imposed tax, and pass it to the customer.

No cleaner air, no cleaner water, only more tax revenue for the Govt.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I am glad its not federal and hear what you are saying.
I am just not convinced that corruption couldn't happen and am very weary of this.
I am all for greener energy,I just worry about who will be paying the bills.

Case in point from a Canadian source.

in the global effort
(global...I repeat global)
climatechange.gc.ca...

Now lets look at my own country.

Canada is formally withdrawing from the Kyoto accord, Environment Minister Peter Kent said Monday. The decision to do so will save the government an estimated $14 billion in penalties, Kent said. The Conservative government says it has no choice given the economic situation.

www.cbc.ca...

It has no choice given the economic situation??
Where have i heard that before??
The bailouts.

At least they didn't go the bailout route...maybe next time they will.
Thats my point...I fear we end up paying as taxpayers.

I only watched the first two minutes and it expresses my concern,its that blatant and it seems to be the method of operation to punish the taxpayers for everyone elses corruption and screw ups.

edit on 20-11-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This comes in to effect 1st of July here in Australia. It's no secret that it's a tax, they're even calling it the Carbon tax...like we're not taxed enough as is.

Businesses here have all been quite open in announcing they will just pass the cost on to the consumer...like we don't pay enough for things already.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If a company has to pay more to make products they will just pass it down to the consumers, prices go up and government receives more taxes.

The only thing carbon trading going to do is hurt western businesses, while China sits back and laughs at stupid westerns thinking they can do anything about global warming.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
We exhale carbon dioxide. All of us, our pets, our plants, our beers. When does this racket come to tax our breath? And don't get me started on cow farts

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
We had the CCX, no?

What is CCX,.
the Chicago Climate Exchange, projected to gross 10 Trillion a year is Cap-N-Tax passes.
Obama played a pivotal role in the formation of the CCX.

London-based Generation Investment Management sees the Trillion and they purchased a huge stake in Chicago Climate Exchange (fifth largest shareholder.)
The founder of GIM is none other than former Vice President Al Gore along with Goldman people.
For example other founders are David Blood (former Goldman executive), Mark Ferguson (Goldman) and Peter Harris (Goldman) to name a few. “

Franklin Raines, mega crooked banker and busted Fannie Mae head, uses Fannie Mae (taxpayers money) to buy the technology to measure and manage carbon. The patent was award the day after Obama and Dems won the election.

Goldman Sachs owns ten percent of the CCX and its 10 Trillion a year potential.
(CCX is 10% owned by Goldman Sachs (GS) and 10% owned by Generation Investment Management (GIM)

Link

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Surely, this has something to do with This

Pretty soon they will require a fee to breath oxygen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join