It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal insanity/disagree with a minority, your a racist!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
So basically at this point, hours later, all I have are 3 people that dont agree, and still no explanation as to the reasoning behind the behavior.

No, I'm certain more than just a few people disagree with you. Part of the problem is that you speak in absolutes. You say things like, "all Liberals do this". Most people understand that not ALL Liberals pull the race card when arguing politics. Your propensity for speaking in absolutes exposes your tendency to lump people into groups to be judged by you. That's called bigotry if you aren't aware.

Well I did get one member accusing me of racism because I was unwilling to further explain an off topic subject to his liking even though I provided the proof behind my premise, as said member is either trolling or absolutely living under a rock and also computer illiterate to the point of not being able to google search the info they wanted me to spoon feed them.

If the shoe fits..... Again, you have exposed your tendency to make snap judgments and assumptions based upon very little information. Not only is that ignorant but makes you look childish as well. I want you to explain why you think Rice was lying because I don't think you can. The burden of proof falls upon those who make the claim. My insistence that you provide proof is not an indication of any shortcomings, it is a method of critique designed to expose the fallacies in your thought processes. You claim you provided proof but all you did was post a video of Rice doing an interview. The interviews I saw of her back in Sept. did not indicate that she was lying, in fact most of her comments were prefaced with the words, "based upon the information we have...." There is no indication to this day that she believed what she was saying was not the truth at that time.

As for your personal insults towards me... well... lets just say that if we were having this conversation face to face I don't think you would be so bold...

So as of right now, this thread is a failure.

Agreed.... and on so many levels.

I simply want to know the reasoning behind playing the race/sexism card if someone disagrees with anyone that is a white male, this is not even a complicated question in the least, nor is it some kind of "tactic" with an agenda.

Obviously, there are those on both sides of the aisle that use dirty tactics. You should really try to break the habit of speaking in absolute terms. It makes it very difficult to take anything you say seriously.

I just dont understand, and seek clarification.

edit on 21-11-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Could you show me an example? Because most people I've seen be called a racist, usually are and it's not for just 'disagreeing' with a minority. But hey I'd like to see your sources and evidence so let me have it!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Could you show me an example? Because most people I've seen be called a racist, usually are and it's not for just 'disagreeing' with a minority. But hey I'd like to see your sources and evidence so let me have it!

I doubt that every republican in the country is a racist, as most of the dems one sees on TV claim almost daily.

I also find it hard to believe that you think most of the people accused of racism are racist, as there are very few actual 'racist" types around any more, well from my experience any way, I just dont see it.

I do though see a constant flow of libs playing the race card every time anyone from the right questions the actions of a non white nonmale dem.

I am not pointing fingers, or accusing, this is a well known fact. I am simpl asking for clarification on the subject, more specifically, why? What do they think it gains them, other than misdirection?

If your not doing anything questionable than you would simply explain your actions, not try to direct the attention to somthing else.

It is the fact they are using this deflection tactic so often that I asked for clarification, as maybe I am just not understanding some part of it. Ignorance is curable, it only takes the will to learn.

I am attempting to deny my ignorance on this subject by asking the question of "why", some are to busy trying to assign their interpretation of my statements, instead of looking at it at face value. One member even attempted to accuse me of racism because I asked about this, which is of course ridiculous, as asking a question that isnt intended to do anything but gain knowledge is in no way racist, it is simply a question.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
My friend, if you are going to try to knock sense into a liberal, you will only find yourself getting nowhere real fast!

Here is an example:

Ever try to talk facts to a liberal when the subject is global warming? Never mind that the best conservative authorities have shown that their data is all fudged from the same broken thermometer stuck in some prof's window at Berkeley; if you show them the real data which shows that we're actually going into an ice age, they just change terminology and start babbling about "climate change"! As if a global ice age presented some kind of "problem" we needed to spend vast amounts of our tax dollars to "solve", when all it really means is lower cooling bills in the summer and easier storage for deer meat after a good hunt. When arguing with a liberal, there's just no point in bringing up these facts because, as the notorious Nazi sympathizer Heidegger liked to say, the time for decisions is over!

You will never win! It’s just the way it is..

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
My friend, if you are going to try to knock sense into a liberal, you will only find yourself getting nowhere real fast!

Here is an example:

Ever try to talk facts to a liberal when the subject is global warming? Never mind that the best conservative authorities have shown that their data is all fudged from the same broken thermometer stuck in some prof's window at Berkeley; if you show them the real data which shows that we're actually going into an ice age, they just change terminology and start babbling about "climate change"! As if a global ice age presented some kind of "problem" we needed to spend vast amounts of our tax dollars to "solve", when all it really means is lower cooling bills in the summer and easier storage for deer meat after a good hunt. When arguing with a liberal, there's just no point in bringing up these facts because, as the notorious Nazi sympathizer Heidegger liked to say, the time for decisions is over!

I believe our right, after all, the same guy keeps coming back to imply i am a racist and demand evidence about Susan Rice lying on 5 shows, even though I gave him a youtube video of her doing it. Not to mention, I have never one time made a single racist remark in these forums yet he accuses me of it, instead of simply relaying his response about the question posed in the OP.

Then goes on to try to paint me as some extremist etc... all the while not even seeing that he is committing the exact same behavior I was asking about.

BTW very nice avi, I love the regular show, I watch it every day with my kids.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Here is an example:

I believe our right, after all, the same guy keeps coming back to imply i am a racist and demand evidence about Susan Rice lying on 5 shows, even though I gave him a youtube video of her doing it. Not to mention, I have never one time made a single racist remark in these forums yet he accuses me of it, instead of simply relaying his response about the question posed in the OP.

Then goes on to try to paint me as some extremist etc... all the while not even seeing that he is committing the exact same behavior I was asking about.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

No offense, but to quote Ben Kenobi from the first Star Wars movie..."Who's the bigger fool, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Just because someone implies you're something, or ignores what you show them doesn't mean anything other than you are letting them yank your chain.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88

No offense, but to quote Ben Kenobi from the first Star Wars movie..."Who's the bigger fool, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Just because someone implies you're something, or ignores what you show them doesn't mean anything other than you are letting them yank your chain.

I agree, which is why I havent responded further to him, it is the same as hitting your head against a brick wall, it doesnt accomplish anything, and leaves one feeling less fulfilled than they were before they started.

Though you do make a very good point, as at first I allowed him to annoy me, but then 34 years of wisdom kicked in and I put the brakes on it.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

First, please stop calling them liberals... they are authoritarians, or progressives. There is nothing "liberal" about them, and they sure as hell could care less about the advancement of liberty, therefore they are not Liberals. Having said that, although I absolutely agree with you, you are only bringing more light to the absurdity of this subject. The reason "liberals" cry racist is because they can not defeat an argument based in rational thought and critical thinking with their irrational, pseudo-intellectual, emotionally based arguments. They cry racist because it is meant to distract from the point that they are losing a debate, and so by calling you a racist they hope to take the power in the debate by putting you on the defensive. The best way to deal with this tactic is to ignore it and not defend yourself, because then you bring validity to this last resort tactic.

Wow. Now that there is some generalizing. Name calling is now the forte of "neo-cons"?

CJ

Speaking of generalizing.... anyway, I wouldn't know, I despise neo-cons much more than "liberals", so you would have to ask a neo-con. I was not generalizing at all, because the term Liberal is a mainstream media cliche, and they have redefined the term. The only thing modern day liberals are "liberal" about is abortion and gay marriage... everything else they want to control and regulate. Look at Mayor Bloomberg in NYC... he believes in a woman's "right to choose" when it comes to abortion, but if that same woman wants to choose a super big gulp at 7-11 then she doesn't have that right, because he has deemed soda as being bad for you (and it is), but he feels the need to regulate that for her own good, but the media will refer to him a a "liberal". The fact that you immediately defaulted to me being a neo-con because I said something bad about "liberals" just goes to show that you are intellectually incapable of understanding what true liberty is and that you still mentally exist within the mental enslavement of the two party paradigm.... so have fun with that.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Here is an example:

Some time back, some ATSer put up a thread cutting down Bush. Now I have no love for Bush AT ALL, but I also addressed the fact that I had no love for Obama either. I told my fellow ATSers that Bush and Obama should have been dragged out from the WH and been hung from a tree. Now I must repeat, I said BOTH Bush and Obama. Not ONE (1) person said there was a problem with hanging Bush, but to throw Obama in the mix? You have NO idea what kind of backlash I got from the statement! The last thing on my mind was racism, but EVERYONE else thought different! Really, I should have known better.

Here’s a quote I use on occasion…

“Those who address race the most, are usually the most racist”.

A liberal’s ultimate trump card is the race card. If all else fails, and they are pushed in a corner, they will use it every time.

edit on 21-11-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

First, please stop calling them liberals... they are authoritarians, or progressives. There is nothing "liberal" about them, and they sure as hell could care less about the advancement of liberty, therefore they are not Liberals. Having said that, although I absolutely agree with you, you are only bringing more light to the absurdity of this subject. The reason "liberals" cry racist is because they can not defeat an argument based in rational thought and critical thinking with their irrational, pseudo-intellectual, emotionally based arguments. They cry racist because it is meant to distract from the point that they are losing a debate, and so by calling you a racist they hope to take the power in the debate by putting you on the defensive. The best way to deal with this tactic is to ignore it and not defend yourself, because then you bring validity to this last resort tactic.

Wow. Now that there is some generalizing. Name calling is now the forte of "neo-cons"?

CJ

Speaking of generalizing.... anyway, I wouldn't know, I despise neo-cons much more than "liberals", so you would have to ask a neo-con. I was not generalizing at all, because the term Liberal is a mainstream media cliche, and they have redefined the term. The only thing modern day liberals are "liberal" about is abortion and gay marriage... everything else they want to control and regulate. Look at Mayor Bloomberg in NYC... he believes in a woman's "right to choose" when it comes to abortion, but if that same woman wants to choose a super big gulp at 7-11 then she doesn't have that right, because he has deemed soda as being bad for you (and it is), but he feels the need to regulate that for her own good, but the media will refer to him a a "liberal". The fact that you immediately defaulted to me being a neo-con because I said something bad about "liberals" just goes to show that you are intellectually incapable of understanding what true liberty is and that you still mentally exist within the mental enslavement of the two party paradigm.... so have fun with that.

You don't get it. I put you in the same spot you put "liberals" - in quotes just as you did. Easy to do, eh?

CJ

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Here is an example:

My friend, if you are going to try to knock some sense into a conservative, you will find yourself getting nowhere fast!

Case in point: Try having a discussion with them about global warming. Of course, the temperature has risen on average over 2 degrees in 30 years and there are 1000's of studies (not just from Cal) and 1000's of climatologists who agree after years of drilling ice and studying the climate - the world will be destroyed but they want to argue instead about carbon tax, which is in itself a stupid tax, but somehow the idea of global warming is lost due to the fact that some capitalist greedy people want to cash in on it.

CJ

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Is it simply politics, or do liberals really think that the only reason to ever question someones actions is race and or sex based?

The Right has been for the past couple of years extremely racist, sexist, and homophobic. For example (here we go), "All Blacks voted for Obama in 2008 because he is Black) Not true. Black people have been voting for democrats in high numbers for decades. Lets not ignore the fact that no one liked McCain or PALIN!. The total disrespect white GOP men have shown the nation's first Black President has been disgusting. We tend not to forget that whole "You lie" mess at the State of the Union. For the Sexist part, "Legitimate Rape and a pregnancy from a rape is a gift from God". I think I can rest my case there. And being the major party for homophobic crazy Christians. Then we look at the leaders of the party. Rush Limbaugh, Fox News (Minus Shepard Smith), Mitch "We will make him a one term President" O'Connell (TurtleMan), Sarah Palin, and the TEA PARTY (And their wonderful misspelled racist "Obamah is a Mooslim) signs. Their stances on immigration (Arizona's Nazi Let's see your papers law).

I don't believe all Republicans are racist, sexist, or homophobic. But I do believe most racists, sexists, and homophobic people are Republicans.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Okay! I'll throw an easy one out there. That most liberals like myself see as an racist agenda. Back in 2007 President Bush running the country. Wars. The Economy was in a NOSE dive. Just a bunch of very bad stuff was happening (Housing Bubble) you know, but then 2008 Obama was elected as President. And then out of NO where, here comes the Tea Party. Really? Now they care about fiscal responsibility? They didn't even exist when Bush was running the country, but the second a Black Man gets in office they are holding protests and rallies? And lets not get on those Obama is a Kenyan Muslim Witch doctor signs they were holding up.

Or even comparing him to Hitler. In my honest opinion I thought white people were losing their minds. Fox News turned into KKK-lite in my eyes. Have you watched Hannity? Its hard to watch living hatred. And what did Obama do? He gave us a form of Universal Healthcare? That's why people are buying guns like crazy? Then we get to the re-election and the Republicans pick the WHITEST WHITE MAN in human history. Who they didn't even like! Why? Why not Ron Paul or Herman Cain? Mitt Romney? Who was the most elite souless human being on the planet. RACISM. It doesn't make sense but that is my only explanation for this crazy behavior. Now Romney is blaming his lost on minorities, women, and young voters who are getting gifts from Obama, that's why we voted for him. (Ignoring the fact that he is a major jerk and loser) Racism. So, when Republicans get all riled up and start talking about the Country is dead, I can't shake the reason they are saying this is because of racism. I'm sorry this is just my honest opinion. I can't for the life of me understand what Obama has done to have people running over their husbands or even committing suicide because he is President.

Its the level of hatred that has my racism senses tingling.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I used to think I was a Republican because I'm for smaller government keeping its nose out of private affairs...obviously I don't mean anarchy...anyways, it dawned on me not too long ago that the Republican party is NOT about smaller government, they're just about a different form of the same big government that Democrats are generally for.

Being concerned with who marries who, who is smoking pot, and who is getting an abortion isn't governments role any more than what my state of health insurance is or if I like to drink 32 oz sodas.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Thanks for the bounty of evidence this may take all night!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

I also used to believe I was a republican, but during Clintons presidency, I came to realize my true political leanings.

They are both just polar opposites of the same coin, and I want nothing to do with either, I am an independent, as I am capable of thinking for myself, and dont need these hatemongers deciding what is best for me to think and want out of this world.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Thanks for the bounty of evidence this may take all night!

What "evidence" are you asking about? I made to claims in this OP, therefore not evidence is required, it is quite widely known that dems/libs play the race /sexism card basically nonstop, I was inquiring as to why. As I never see the repubs/ cons doing this.

I believe what your atttempting to do right now, is the same thing I was inquiring about in the OP, redirect the topic at hand to another topic, simply because you dont want to address the actual topic.

You obviously have a comp and internet access, your using both right now, try google, or youtube for whatever evidence your demanding from me, as I will not be pandering to your attempts to distract the discussion away from the topic.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ltheghost

Okay! I'll throw an easy one out there. That most liberals like myself see as an racist agenda. Back in 2007 President Bush running the country. Wars. The Economy was in a NOSE dive. Just a bunch of very bad stuff was happening (Housing Bubble) you know, but then 2008 Obama was elected as President. And then out of NO where, here comes the Tea Party. Really? Now they care about fiscal responsibility? They didn't even exist when Bush was running the country, but the second a Black Man gets in office they are holding protests and rallies? And lets not get on those Obama is a Kenyan Muslim Witch doctor signs they were holding up.

Or even comparing him to Hitler. In my honest opinion I thought white people were losing their minds. Fox News turned into KKK-lite in my eyes. Have you watched Hannity? Its hard to watch living hatred. And what did Obama do? He gave us a form of Universal Healthcare? That's why people are buying guns like crazy? Then we get to the re-election and the Republicans pick the WHITEST WHITE MAN in human history. Who they didn't even like! Why? Why not Ron Paul or Herman Cain? Mitt Romney? Who was the most elite souless human being on the planet. RACISM. It doesn't make sense but that is my only explanation for this crazy behavior. Now Romney is blaming his lost on minorities, women, and young voters who are getting gifts from Obama, that's why we voted for him. (Ignoring the fact that he is a major jerk and loser) Racism. So, when Republicans get all riled up and start talking about the Country is dead, I can't shake the reason they are saying this is because of racism. I'm sorry this is just my honest opinion. I can't for the life of me understand what Obama has done to have people running over their husbands or even committing suicide because he is President.

Its the level of hatred that has my racism senses tingling.

So it is our contention that the only reason any of these people would oppose Obama and all of his fail policies is racism, not the fact they will never work, as they dont make any sense in the real world?

I think maybe you should try not watching MSM, and try to think outside the box about these subjects. I am no racist, yet I truly wish Obama would have lost both times, not to mccain or Romne though, as they are both just as bad or even worse. I wanted Ron Paul, as he is the only candidate that said anything truthful on rational during the debates both times.

Obama/ Romney are not going to help this country in any meaningful way at all. Obama will continue to destroy our economy, look at what he has done so far, pushed all the lib ideas that dems want, and ever single one has failed the test of time so far, as they are idiotic. Green tech doesnt exist, it is a pipe dream, which is why all those green tech companies failed already. Taxing the rich more is not going to help the poor at all, even if they took 100% of the rich guys money and gave it to the poor, the rich guys would just raise the prices of everything to offset this, and still end up with all the money. Obama care is about to be instituted, less than a year later, everyone will see the idiocy of this policy. As it would help the poor get insurance, it forces them to pay money the dont have, which isnt going to help them in any ways at all. If I only have $5 and you make a law demanding I pay $15, it doesnt change the reality of the situation, i dont have it, I cannot pay it.

I believe your just blinded by the koolaid vision, there are man reasons to dislike this president, racism being the least of these.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ltheghost

Is it simply politics, or do liberals really think that the only reason to ever question someones actions is race and or sex based?

The Right has been for the past couple of years extremely racist, sexist, and homophobic. For example (here we go), "All Blacks voted for Obama in 2008 because he is Black) Not true. Black people have been voting for democrats in high numbers for decades. Lets not ignore the fact that no one liked McCain or PALIN!. The total disrespect white GOP men have shown the nation's first Black President has been disgusting. We tend not to forget that whole "You lie" mess at the State of the Union. For the Sexist part, "Legitimate Rape and a pregnancy from a rape is a gift from God". I think I can rest my case there. And being the major party for homophobic crazy Christians. Then we look at the leaders of the party. Rush Limbaugh, Fox News (Minus Shepard Smith), Mitch "We will make him a one term President" O'Connell (TurtleMan), Sarah Palin, and the TEA PARTY (And their wonderful misspelled racist "Obamah is a Mooslim) signs. Their stances on immigration (Arizona's Nazi Let's see your papers law).

I don't believe all Republicans are racist, sexist, or homophobic. But I do believe most racists, sexists, and homophobic people are Republicans.

Did it ever occur to you that they can not like a black president and not be racist? They dont dislike him because he is a black president, they dislike him as president, and he just happens to be black.

If he were white, do you believe they would be any happier with him? I am sure you can agree, they would not. Which kinda makes your entire arguement silly in the first place. Stop injecting race and sex into situations where they are not a factor, and see if this doesnt work seem more logical to you.

Obama would not be popular with the right not matter what color or religion he was, they dont like his policies, which means the dont like dem/lib idiology, this doesnt make them racist, it makes them repubs/cons.

I think your drinking to much koolaid.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join