Liberal insanity/disagree with a minority, your a racist!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

The irony that amused me was in this:

Why is it, every single time, I see any non liberal disagree with, or say somthing negative about anyone that is a non white male, the first line out of the libs mouths are, racist, bigot, sexist..etc.

To say that every non liberal is branded a bigot, racist, sexist, etc by liberals every single time is as bigoted as being called a bigot, racist, sexist, etc...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Ok, now I use the classical definition of "liberals", which makes practically every Republican and every Democrat a "Liberal" (liberal = big government), though I tend to see most modern-day Republicans as more "liberal" because of their belief that government should limit and control personal choice based on the social mores of certain groups. I need to throw that disclaimer out there, because by referring to "libs", I feel we let Republicans off the hook for being just as bad big-government goons as Democrats, so I just don't understand how the term came to be used as an attack word from Republicans.

Anyhow, I like to listen to right-wing lunatic and left-wing lunatic radio alternately while driving, to keep a pulse on what the bottom 80%, least intelligent among us are thinking. Not once in the past couple of days have I hears any "race card" pulled with the Rice thing. Its been discussed, but not excused, except to say she was probably just spouting what she was told to spout. I also haven't heard any individuals "excusing" her, or claiming that she is being targeted simply because she is black/female/both.

So either, I live and work (and listen to radio hosts and guests) among the few, the intelligent people on the left and the right, or you just happen to be getting an earful from only the extremist wackos. I will admit, I haven't watched television news in 20 years, but I work may way through the web, personal contact, and radio, and I'm really just not encountering what you are at all.

Do I blame Rice for what she said? Only insomuch as I blame anyone for doing their job. I do think the outcry against her is a bit off-base, but not because I think she is being targeted for her face or sex - its because this was a CIA issue, and I highly doubt we know anything close to what the situation actually was, or what might have been at risk had we gone in guns blazing in Benghazi. It seems as though the only logical explanation that fits people having a hissy-fit over it, is that the President wanted those people killed so that he could get some bad press. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Back to the topic at hand though - our wildly divergent observations of what people are/are not saying in regard to "libs" claiming racism. It seems to me that your perceptions, your "filter" if you will, are picking out those few dimwits who are taking that route. Those people are idiots, but they're certainly not in the majority, or even close to it.

They may be a vocal minority, hoping to change perceptions, just like some of the very un-Christian types in the SE United States are so vocal that they leave people with a bad, and embarassing image of Christianity, when they certainly don't represent the majority of us whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Proof of how Rice lied has yet to be provided. So if she isn't lying, then why are Republicans on a witch hunt?

The GOP has, since the Regean administration, used covert racism to pander to the southern crowd and rile them up for support. As long as they don't actualy mention race, they can claim it wasn't racist.

From Barbara Espinosa calling Obama to the first monkey president, to Romney claiming the 47% as victims and then saying that Obama won by giving presents, to birthers trying to claim that Obama is Kenyan, to black owned businesses being excluded from the past several GOP conventions, Ronald Regean creating the lie about the welfare queen, to the Republican's women association sending out Obama bucks after he was elected with his picture on it with watermelon and fried chicken, to Rick Santorom saying he didn't want to make black people's lives better by giving them other people's money, to Joe Walsh saying that Democrats want to make hispanics dependant on welfare just like African Americans...

Fact is, there isn't much that the GOP does that ISN'T racist.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

So you show me the instances where the "race card" was pulled and I will explain to you why they were pulled, and most likely, the shoe will fit.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Republicans get a bad reputation for racism/sexism/bigotism because there are so many openly racist comments given by their politicians, organizations and media on such a regular basis.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88

The irony that amused me was in this:

Why is it, every single time, I see any non liberal disagree with, or say somthing negative about anyone that is a non white male, the first line out of the libs mouths are, racist, bigot, sexist..etc.

To say that every non liberal is branded a bigot, racist, sexist, etc by liberals every single time is as bigoted as being called a bigot, racist, sexist, etc...

I cant in an honest sense say that "every single time", it is at least a 7 out of 10 ratio, which is the reason for my posting this thread. I actually cant understand the sense of it. I guess small town Indiana is really just a microcosm, where we dont think to much about these kind of idiotic things.

I still dont see an honest justifiable sense in the methods, I will simply just continue not understanding I suppose, as there are no reasonable facts coming forward for this douche baggish behavior at all that i have seen yet.

I am very open minded, though I will admit my thick head takes time, at times, to consider all the facts, I still dont see one actual logical reason for these accusations.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
If I'm a white male that just so happens to get elected to Congress and want to join the "Congressional Black Caucus" will they let me in... if not what does that make them...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
As far as you lumping all liberals together into one category, you are wrong. But then again, we all do similar from time to time, and I assume you are just vetting your frustrations. I too would get aggravated at anyone who appeals to emotion during an argument, to the degree of calling one racist for the simple fact that they disagree with someone. That is just wrong, and shows a lack of intelligence. But talking about lying on television, I can point to members of the GOP who have done the same thing. Anchors for Fox news do it all the time. Heck even the president, Mr. Bush, did it. So do not act like this is a problem only for liberals.

I didn't read the rest of your post to be honest, so I will just leave my comments to what I did read. But I think this thread will serve us all by teaching us to remember that things are usually never black and white. People cannot be stereotyped, and neither can many groups, because not all act the same way, or believe the same things. There are exceptions of course, but this instance is not one of them.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

liberals always use shame tactics to their advantage and all the insecure minds get silenced. we have to just shout down their childish rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I have this issue with homosexuals. Disagree with them and your a bigot. But they can disagree with you and call you what they like.

Some call it hypocrisy. I call it insecurity with their lifestyle.

I have a lifestyle some don't agree with. I don't care at all what people think of it, I'm secure in it, I'm a minority in it, and I enjoy the banter.

But the majority of homosexuals (not all)... !!! Just plain insecure and hypocritcial

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
Republicans get a bad reputation for racism/sexism/bigotism because there are so many openly racist comments given by their politicians, organizations and media on such a regular basis.
and who judges if they are racist comments or not, libs like you, emotional and irrational crybabies.
it's time for your guardians to tell you to shut up.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Proof of how Rice lied has yet to be provided. So if she isn't lying, then why are Republicans on a witch hunt?
reply to post by nixie_nox

it is called politics kiddo and you know nothing about it. believe me if it was a white male in her place, it would have been worse.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
I have this issue with homosexuals. Disagree with them and your a bigot. But they can disagree with you and call you what they like.

Some call it hypocrisy. I call it insecurity with their lifestyle.

I have a lifestyle some don't agree with. I don't care at all what people think of it, I'm secure in it, I'm a minority in it, and I enjoy the banter.

But the majority of homosexuals (not all)... !!! Just plain insecure and hypocritcial
libs have more problem with criticism than the homosexuals. libs are just robots programmed to parrot the same bulls**t again and again.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm

It's very easy to understand what is racist and what isn't, especially when it is blatant. And I'm not a liberal.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

lol, so you have a problem with not tolerating intolerance?

According to your logic everyone should just tolerate racism and if they don't then they're hateful bigots themselves.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
its because liberals aren't actually people, they're robots

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Because it is the right attacking her, and the right has been wallowing in sexism and racism these days.

And there is no proof that she lied. She just gave the talking points she was given.

If she was a white male from the republican party, would she be receiving the same accusations and scrutiny?

Judging by the Bush years, this forum and the media would be going absolutely bat # crazy.

Also, notice the lack of the usual left wing/Democrat/liberal posters in this thread? Remember this in the next Fox News/Republican outrage thread.
edit on 21-11-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by VwMk1

Liberals will always make it about race when it doesnt go in their favor. *race card gets pulled Condoleezza Rice (R), appointed national security adviser by g w bush. Then becomes the first black women to be appointed secretary of state -------------- She was called "uncle tom" by the liberals while in office.

Obama has, and still is, being called Uncle Tom, by some of the very black people that voted him in.

what's your point?

I personally agree with the OP on this one, race has nothing to do with this, and thankfully being blessed with not having cable tv, I have no frame of reference for these claims of the race card being claimed.

I don't think half of you understand how your own government works. People are given talking points, they aren't supposed to stray from the script. That woman was doing her job, which is to give the information that might be accurate, or might not, so if it's inaccurate, there is a nice face right there to blame it on, instead of the intelligence apparatus that supplied the false information in the first place.

Unless this women was not given talking points (unlikely) and was privy to the intelligence gathering behind those talking points (not gonna happen) she wasn't lying, she was doing what she was told.

This happens time and time again, it's nothing.

But i think you might be missing the point. In your attempts to claim the liberals are using the race card to deflect from the actual issue, you yourselves are playing the race card...

Implying Obama (black) sent this woman (black) to give this information specifically because she was black.

Get over it. Information gathering isn't perfect, governments and specifically spokespeople, are intensely compartmentalized. I am certain this woman had no reason to suspect the information she was given was wrong.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Also, notice the lack of the usual left wing/Democrat/liberal posters in this thread? Remember this in the next Fox News/Republican outrage thread.

I'm a liberal. According to most of you I'm left wing. If I was an American I'd consider myself a democrat but would have tried to right in Ron Paul anyways.

You might consider the fact that all of you are being distracted by something completely tertiary while several wars are still ongoing, Israel is bombing the crap out of Gaza, Iran pledges support for Gaza, most Arab nations condemn Israel's actions, the US vetoed the UN motion to have a ceasefire agreement. Storm ravaged areas slammed by Sandy are still not getting the aid they need.....

But you guys are all bickering about if Obama sent this woman out with bad information on purpose because she was black.

Honestly, if you can't see the hypocrisy in that, I hope you can at least see that this, like the Petraes BS, is merely a distraction.

Go back to sleep
Consume
Obey

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by nixie_nox
If she was a white male from the republican party, would she be receiving the same accusations and scrutiny?
This is a rhetorical question, right? If a white male republican did exactly the same thing, the lame stream media would excoriate, or even crucify him. You know it, I know it.

In what alternate reality is this?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Originally posted by BobM88
reply to post by ColoradoJens

The irony in this thread is killing me.

Sheesh, tell me about it. Blinders are up and we're full speed ahead!

CJ

Please give me your take on the subject of discussion, i see you making snide remarks, but not actually relaying your opinion on the matter. If you feel that I am wrong, or in some way misrepresenting the situation, please enlighten me.

I am from a small town, not really "well traveled" or very versed at political theater. I am a simple Indiana boy, I dont understand this subject, as it makes no sense to me at all at any level. Where I am from, people speak their minds, and say what they think, take it or leave it, like it or dont.

I am truly open to any reasonable response on this issue, as I stated already, I dont understand this at all, and am just trying to make sense of all this wasted energy, that seems to be spent for nothing other than a "haha I made you look bad" response.

If you already stated your opinion and I didnt see it I apologize.

No worries, I did state my opinion earlier. I believe it is a false premise for an argument. As you can produce examples of the "race card being pulled" I too can produce examples of racist behavior by conservatives. It doesn't mean ALL of right wing are racists, nor does it mean ALL liberals pull the race card. Some do - just like some right wing politicians send emails around about Obama the slave...

CJ

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join