Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Liberal insanity/disagree with a minority, your a racist!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If you encounter that, you need to just ignore it or set them straight.

Of course disagreeing with a minority doesn't make you a racist. That's obviously ridiculous.

Why are you bothered by this? If you know you're not being bigoted, then why are you taking the accusation seriously. The ones who are accusing you are doing so blindly. The truth behind such matters are often plain as day. Don't sweat that stuff.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

That is easy and has already been explained. It is to win. Calling someone a racist or sexist turns the argument from what it is about to one of belief. Since those terms are to white men the same as calling a black man the n word it becomes belittling and denotes any validity to whatever was being said. Plus the mods fall for it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The Race Card is a version of "The one that smelt it, dealt it.“ for grownups. Just a means of making someone become shamed enough to keep quiet...generally by the ones that don't want it too deeply investigated.
edit on 20-11-2012 by Ahabstar because: typing on a Droid is lame.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by nixie_nox
If she was a white male from the republican party, would she be receiving the same accusations and scrutiny?
This is a rhetorical question, right? If a white male republican did exactly the same thing, the lame stream media would excoriate, or even crucify him. You know it, I know it.

I disagree. What about John Negroponte?
edit on 20-11-2012 by FreebirdGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
So basically at this point, hours later, all I have are 3 people that dont agree, and still no explanation as to the reasoning behind the behavior.

Well I did get one member accusing me of racism because I was unwilling to further explain an off topic subject to his liking even though I provided the proof behind my premise, as said member is either trolling or absolutely living under a rock and also computer illiterate to the point of not being able to google search the info they wanted me to spoon feed them.

So as of right now, this thread is a failure.

I simply want to know the reasoning behind playing the race/sexism card if someone disagrees with anyone that is a white male, this is not even a complicated question in the least, nor is it some kind of "tactic" with an agenda.

I just dont understand, and seek clarification.

You want to know the reasoning of a false premise? Keep looking. Your "race card" out of every "liberal" is getting really, really old.

CJ

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt

They play those cards because they know that playing them pisses us off. They haven't got anything better to throw at us. That is how rancid the lib agenda is.

Really? And this name calling is all it takes to continuously defeat you? What does that make you?

CJ

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Because it's easy. Call someone a racist and suddenly its not about the original topic, its about just how racist the accused is.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88

Because it's easy. Call someone a racist and suddenly its not about the original topic, its about just how racist the accused is.

This is true. Isn't it funny how we use words to deflect the issues at hand? Kind of like calling someone the dirty "liberal" word. And saying things like "why is it the first thing out of liberals mouths is"... it is the same thing as saying "why is it the first thing out of conservatives mouths is..." You can fill in the blanks. Both statements show the ineptitude of thought.

CJ

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

You are absolutely right! Hopefully that thought will make sense to everyone else too.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

First, please stop calling them liberals... they are authoritarians, or progressives. There is nothing "liberal" about them, and they sure as hell could care less about the advancement of liberty, therefore they are not Liberals. Having said that, although I absolutely agree with you, you are only bringing more light to the absurdity of this subject. The reason "liberals" cry racist is because they can not defeat an argument based in rational thought and critical thinking with their irrational, pseudo-intellectual, emotionally based arguments. They cry racist because it is meant to distract from the point that they are losing a debate, and so by calling you a racist they hope to take the power in the debate by putting you on the defensive. The best way to deal with this tactic is to ignore it and not defend yourself, because then you bring validity to this last resort tactic.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

First, please stop calling them liberals... they are authoritarians, or progressives. There is nothing "liberal" about them, and they sure as hell could care less about the advancement of liberty, therefore they are not Liberals. Having said that, although I absolutely agree with you, you are only bringing more light to the absurdity of this subject. The reason "liberals" cry racist is because they can not defeat an argument based in rational thought and critical thinking with their irrational, pseudo-intellectual, emotionally based arguments. They cry racist because it is meant to distract from the point that they are losing a debate, and so by calling you a racist they hope to take the power in the debate by putting you on the defensive. The best way to deal with this tactic is to ignore it and not defend yourself, because then you bring validity to this last resort tactic.

Wow. Now that there is some generalizing. Name calling is now the forte of "neo-cons"?

CJ

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

The irony in this thread is killing me.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Sheesh, tell me about it. Blinders are up and we're full speed ahead!

CJ

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
So basically at this point, hours later, all I have are 3 people that dont agree, and still no explanation as to the reasoning behind the behavior.

Well I did get one member accusing me of racism because I was unwilling to further explain an off topic subject to his liking even though I provided the proof behind my premise, as said member is either trolling or absolutely living under a rock and also computer illiterate to the point of not being able to google search the info they wanted me to spoon feed them.

So as of right now, this thread is a failure.

I simply want to know the reasoning behind playing the race/sexism card if someone disagrees with anyone that is a white male, this is not even a complicated question in the least, nor is it some kind of "tactic" with an agenda.

I just dont understand, and seek clarification.

=( I thought I gave a pretty good explanation for the behavior...its not really conspiracy based but the shoe fits...

My apologies Sly1, I had forgotten your post, It was an epic moment of clarity in this thread, I do feel the need to commend you on your thoughtfulness.

It really was the closest I think I am going to come to an actual "rational" answer.

Your wisdom is the stuff of legends, I wish I had your talent for discription, it is a marvelous gift.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
The simple answer is that racism/sexism SELLS.

It sells so well that massive influence can be gained when they use it in the "right" ways and when the suggestions and accusations come from the highest authorities.

The recent example is the Susan Rice boondoggle.

We are dealing with an incompetent administration that from the very highest levels of government has given multiple "official" stories and explanations to the Benghazi attacks and to the "demonstrations and protests" in more than 20 counties.

All that was exposed and there was no where else to go but to the catch all "racism/sexism" blame game when Susan Rice was called into question. The selling point has been made by high level elected "officials" and many people will now assume it is all racism/sexism.

And of course, racism/sexism had absolutely nothing to do with the attacks and protests, and racism/sexism had absolutely nothing to do with the Administration's attempts to offer multiple explanations with no genuine solid answers.

Since the election, we have been noticing an elevated frenzy of racism/sexism.

The latest comments from a high "official".............
Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman-Schultz who is also an elected member of the U.S. House, has added to the fire. It seems this whole agenda is a diversion.

(CNSNews.com) – Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman-Schultz said the Republican Party “got whiter and more male” while the Democratic caucus is “majority minority and female.”

“Take a good look when the House convenes after this next Congress is sworn in at what our side of the aisle looks like versus what the Republican side looks like. I mean they got whiter and more male, and we now have a majority minority and female Democratic caucus – first time in history,” Debbie Wasserman-Schultz said Wednesday at a discussion hosted by the Emily’s List, a group known for supporting pro-abortion female candidates.

DNC Chair on GOP: ‘They Got Whiter and More Male’
{the article has a video.....just watch her "sternness" and "seriousness"}

Unfortunately i believe your right, this is the answer I feared the most, as it means simply put, it is all just petty name calling, and of course, nothing more than political grandstanding.

God, this country is run by fail, from the fail store, that they own stock in.

edit on Nov-20-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerk_Idiot

You guys are not keeping up. If you noticed in the threads and on ALL the news channels it is more "old straight white males." They have narrowed it down even more so they can be MORE inclusive.
So now liberal white women and gay white men are to hate their fathers as well!

I have noticed this, in fact it was the reason I made this thread in fact. I just find it all disgusting, and cant seem to wrap my mind around the fact, these people really have nothing better to do.

I am ashamed that my fellow Americans are buying this crap, and even begging for more.

Cant they just watch the Kardashians for this kind of idiocy, do we really need the politicians doing it also?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I seem to be getting the same answers alot, it seems this country is as bad off as I had feared, the more responses I read, the more depressing it becomes.

Glad I am a Hoosier, we dont really deal with this nonsense here, I just dont see the point, it is like being back in kindergarten, but less fun.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

My apologies to you and Colorado, if I am mistaken in calling them libs and or dems, they just always identify themselves as such, so I take tham at face value.

I dont believe in either affiliation as they are both the same to me as repubs, they all do the same things, just use do different titles, I am an independent because neither has ever served anything resembling "the people" as far as I have seen.

It just seems it is always the self identified dems/libs that are throwing the race card at the repub/cons, I am not trying to insult anyones ideology, I am just curious as to the reasoning behind the tactics.

All the answers that were anything but deflection i recieved were all basically the same as my own take, but I wanted to get other sides of the story, as there is always more than one.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Why is it, every single time, I see any non liberal disagree with, or say somthing negative about anyone that is a non white male, the first line out of the libs mouths are, racist, bigot, sexist..etc...

This is what is called an "Ad Hominem Fallacy". You attack a person's character and by branding them a racist or something else equally unsavory and then you and everyone else like you can automatically ignore anything they say and brush the pesky gnats aside. Politicians do this all the time, but the Congressional Black Caucasus loves deploying this dirty tactic, like whats going on with Susan Rice in the news.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Sheesh, tell me about it. Blinders are up and we're full speed ahead!

CJ

Please give me your take on the subject of discussion, i see you making snide remarks, but not actually relaying your opinion on the matter. If you feel that I am wrong, or in some way misrepresenting the situation, please enlighten me.

I am from a small town, not really "well traveled" or very versed at political theater. I am a simple Indiana boy, I dont understand this subject, as it makes no sense to me at all at any level. Where I am from, people speak their minds, and say what they think, take it or leave it, like it or dont.

I am truly open to any reasonable response on this issue, as I stated already, I dont understand this at all, and am just trying to make sense of all this wasted energy, that seems to be spent for nothing other than a "haha I made you look bad" response.

If you already stated your opinion and I didnt see it I apologize.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join