It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian PDFs – “At no time should it be made available to the public” + more official memos

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by chunder

No. These patterns are not alike at all. One is a square pattern and the other on the man is circles. How can you make a mistake like that?

Because I'm obviously mentally challenged ?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Well, a few members of ATS have very kindly used their talents to do some artwork for the thread I'm planning on "The Collective" - so I'll have to write it now (although I'll try to finish a couple of smaller threads before launching that new project)!

Anyone wanting to see that artwork as a bit of light relief before I finish writing that thread is welcome to have a glance at the collection at:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22-11-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
That's too much info to follow now. From all you provided, and if you've seen the UK files, is this revealing anything more than the UK declassified documents of this year 2012? Or is it only witnesses' description, testimony and vague 'I saw a UFO' letters with no substantial evidence?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I had an email from one colleague on the day I posted this thread stating that he encountered a bandwidth error message when attempting to download the collection of PDF files from www.box.com/s/xgc5ye9dwyf93tu1zi0j. That's why I uploaded the material to a second, less user-friendly, file storage website and posted relevant links in a post on the second page of this thread.

Did anyone else have a problem when attempting to download the files from that link?

I'm curious about this point, since I'm currently not sure which file storage website to use to store material for forthcoming threads...

(I did read on that website about a monthly bandwidth limit, but I've had numerous notifications from that website about people downloading - apparently successfully - the files since one person mentioned to me that he'd encountered a bandwidth issue).

edit on 23-11-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
That's too much info to follow now. From all you provided, and if you've seen the UK files, is this revealing anything more than the UK declassified documents of this year 2012? Or is it only witnesses' description, testimony and vague 'I saw a UFO' letters with no substantial evidence?

Its research material, Imtor, and as such will, by its nature, contain a lot of 'chaff'- but that doesnt mean there is no 'wheat' within.

If it is a subject you only have a fleeting interest in, and you are looking for a tl;dr version, I suggest you go elsewhere, because there is no immediate 'buzz' here for those with a short attention span.

However, for the genuine researcher of the field, seekers of the truth and people not wanting to be spoon fed sensationalism, this is pure gold, and I for one am extremely grateful to Issac for bringing it to our attention.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well done on making this thread!

You should write an e-book or create a youtubian-style documentary on it. The information you are pointing out calls for more than a quick read. Threads like yours keep Ufology alive -- respectable as well.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
One of these days the government will slip up and actually release the news we are looking for on UFO's. This is certainly a good start, and everyone should contact the Canadian government for more information.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

No you misunderstood; I was laughing at the HUGE attention this topic quickly got. Clearly had major interest levels in the community of Ats.. only in a conspiracy site would that much attention go to UFO thread.

Nothing rude or negative ment

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is really interesting stuff... loads to read. You write great thread's that deserves a good Avatar..good luck with the choosing
s+f

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
S&F on the day it was posted..im glad to see its got the attention it deserves
much more informative than that stupid 'FOX News Bug' thread

IsaacKoi well done and thanks for posting material on the legendary cases Shag Harbor and Falcon Lake

edit on 24-11-2012 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2012 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2012 by anomalie because: spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This is an awesome research effort and I wish my students were so motivated to dig this deep and provide this much to back up their words. Thanks for showing me that non-graded research for its own reward is alive and well in the public realm. You did a good thing.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
woaah this is gonna be a long read, s/f for u!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Great work, OP! Star for you! I have been doing my own little bits and pieces of FOI alien/UFO research of late. The majestic 12 documents kept me going for a while. Now I have even more to read!

I think there's equal chance of a 'true' disclosure event and a staged one to foreshadow a staged invasion. Wild ride either way!

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Epic and Stellar work, thank you!

If everyone was this much of a researcher, many of the world's mysteries and problems would have been solved by now. I hope there is some way for ATS to keep this post pinned and at the top of a list somewhere, where newcomers will be most apt to find it. It should also be located in several different places on line, just in case someone decides there's too much information here for us peons. Pure Gold.

I was intrigued with the photographs of that man's burned T-shirt. The only way I can figure that burn pattern happening both on the front and the back is if he was irradiated through and through? In other words, whatever caused the sensation of heating and burns wasn't stopped much by the insulation of his body...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Wonderful stuff Isaac and there's plenty of doco's to go through there - the incident with the men in the camper van really does sound like a strange one and will be having a good rummage through the files when time allows.

There's an article below about Canada's FOIA release of 9,500 UFO files in 2009 and it also contains a few good links to documents - there are also claims made about government officials making concerted efforts to 'conceal and play-down' the significance of UFO reports and withholding UFO information from the electorate.

The spokesperson went on to say, "In our review thus far of approximately 2,000 files, three issues are unmistakably clear; the Canadian government accumulated and sequestered an enormous number of UFO sightings by citizens, pilots, RCMP officers and other credible witnesses. Secondly, and of greater political consequence, government officials made concerted efforts to conceal and play-down the significance of UFO reports. Third, Canadian officials put in place policies which allowed Ministers of Defense to inform Canadians that no government department was authorized to withhold information on this matter, while, at the same time, officials developed policy that would 'play-down' UFO reports as well as classify the same reports as 'restricted' or 'secret'.

"These fundamentally contradictory elements of Canadian policy concerning the UFO matter remain a disturbing and troublesome indication that Canadian officials may have developed a scheme in an orchestrated manner to withhold and obscure information from the electorate in virtually the same manner as the United States."

link

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Wow this is quite the stash of stuff.
Thank you for putting this all together.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
just going by your thread title alone;

"At no time should it be made available to the public"

this annoys me. why would they have a more importance and a greater need to know than us?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Great stuff, IsaacKoi. Thanks for your great effort. S&F.

That's a lot of stuff, and the Canadian government has been very nice. But one has to suspect that if the U.S. is withholding the best evidence Canada might just have some it hasn't coughed up. And the place to look for clues to where that might be would be in the files we have, which haven't yet been thoroughly examined.

At least we know the U.S. is withholding or has destroyed gun-camera footage, as well as the Project Twinkle footage. In the case of Australia, there's the roll of film confiscated in the Westall case (despite clear simultaneous sightings by some 200 witnesses), which has probably been destroyed. So even in cases of governments that appear to be doing the right thing, we should be suspicious and search what's available to us, always remaining open to the unexpected discovery.

So that's a homework assignment for us, courtesy of IsaacKoi and the Canadian government. Happy hunting.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47

Thanks for the kind words.

But one has to suspect that if the U.S. is withholding the best evidence Canada might just have some it hasn't coughed up. And the place to look for clues to where that might be would be in the files we have, which haven't yet been thoroughly examined.

At least we know the U.S. is withholding or has destroyed gun-camera footage, as well as the Project Twinkle footage.

Well, some UFO footage has been released by the U.S. which I haven't seen (or even seen summaries of).

So I'd be cautious about saying what's been destroyed (and even more cautious about claims that anyone is withholding material) until I've seen what has been released...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47

That's a lot of stuff, and the Canadian government has been very nice. But one has to suspect that if the U.S. is withholding the best evidence Canada might just have some it hasn't coughed up. And the place to look for clues to where that might be would be in the files we have, which haven't yet been thoroughly examined.

At least we know the U.S. is withholding or has destroyed gun-camera footage, as well as the Project Twinkle footage. In the case of Australia, there's the roll of film confiscated in the Westall case (despite clear simultaneous sightings by some 200 witnesses), which has probably been destroyed. So even in cases of governments that appear to be doing the right thing, we should be suspicious and search what's available to us, always remaining open to the unexpected discovery.

So that's a homework assignment for us, courtesy of IsaacKoi and the Canadian government. Happy hunting.

As far as I know, the Canadian Archives has just put this information together to make it easy for people to find. This is probably to reduce FOI requests for UFO material. I don't think it represents any level of "disclosure" of hidden information sources. I agree that the Canadian government probably has "top secret" material that is hidden away, such as material relating to the search for the Shag Harbour USO.

I'm sure that Canada and the US have lots of "unknowns" they have tracked (and possibly in some cases intercepted) through NORAD (which is jointly operated by USA and Canada), but neither country is going to release those flies.

If the US has "secret classified" gun camera footage of UFOs going all the way back to the 1950s, I figure that the Canadians and many other countries would have some as well. There is no reason to believe that the US was the only country involved in encounters between their Air Force and the UFOs.

The US has also released lots of information from its files, from Bluebook, its official investigation/public relations program relating to UFOs. That doesn't mean that it is not still guarding secrets.

edit on 11-2-2013 by bluestreak53 because: correction

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join