It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian PDFs – “At no time should it be made available to the public” + more official memos

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Thank you for your efforts and hard work.

By releasing this, the Canadian government is confirming reports of eyewitness accounts from the 50's and 60's, yet the 70's until today is still left shrouded.

Led by the old carrot on a stick again... I am not satiated. We know that reports by good people have been given around the world:

A report on a report.
A description from a distance.
A blurry photograph or video.

Our leadership in the world, where it represents itself, hesitates still to produce full disclosure.
Why this hesitation exists must dissolve first before any further progress can be made.
Perhaps some leaders somewhere would entertain the idea of full internet disclosure allowing humanity at its current technological peak to attempt a collaborative effort. A new era could develop for humanity if the seeds were sewn with intelligent design.

Yet it seems that again
we humans, who still draw lines on the map which divide us, are not ready.

Or perhaps the architects are dropping pebbles in the water...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Are you up for giving a summary of the highlights?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Now all we need is someone to sift through it all and pick out the good parts.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Thanks for all the work matey, This is going in my favorites for digging through in the future. well done.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
And that, ladies and gentlemen (and children of all ages) is how to create a damn good thread on ATS.

Well done Issac. One day, we shall have yo get you interviewed on ATS Live.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Superb post looking forward to reading this later and i will get back to comment later, its a pity we can't get this type of infomation from other countries

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
S & F.

This is a bona fide quality thread that everyone should read. Kudos to you Sir.

I'm looking forward to reading more into the Michalak encounter, It was in the first UFO book I've ever read, and IMO one of the best documented cases.

I think i'm going to get square eyes trying to read it all, but it'll be worth it. Thanks once again.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by slinky68
Superb post

Thanks for the kind words from you and others in this thread.

I'll try to find the time this evening to answer a few of the questions posed above.

its a pity we can't get this type of infomation from other countries

Well, lots of documents have been released by quite a few other countries (including the USA, the UK, France and others). Some of these documents are more easily available than others. I think I posted a summary about 5 years ago of the official documents available online - but a heck of a lot of documents have been made available online since then (or could be made available with varying amounts of effort - which is one of the focuses of "The Collective" project I mentioned above I'd been toying with launching).
edit on 21-11-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Excellent post.

Coincidence below ?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Howdy Isaac, as usual you bring the good stuff my friend.

Threads like this help to restore my faith in UFOlogy, even if it's just a little bit!

One question for you...I find the cartoon to be an odd inclusion, can you provide more context to it?

Maybe I'm reading a bit too much into it but it comes across as quite profound.
Here we are with thousands of documents representing only a fragment of information that is out there and yet, we still haven't a clue...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Great work OP!
Now, when I have a spare couple of hours I'll start digging!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I applaud your time and efforts to put together such a polished piece sir. I'll will add your studies to my permanent library to be read, enjoyed, and pondered for many days to come.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the great thread op.. I've never really given any credence to the ufo stuff but this is very intriguing. I will be pondering on these things for awhile.... although i was thinking after reading some of this stuff that men in the fifty's obvious didn't do any ironing because to have identical burn marks on front and back of the shirt.. is a fairly simple thing to do..lol

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Excellent work of the highest standard
Thank you

I have recently decided to do some research into UFO's and the timing of this thread is great
my first ever favourited thread on here. As for your collective idea, I look forward to it if you ever get around to it and I'm sure ATS members would love to help you. Your contribution is highly appreciated and I'll be downloading all those PDF's for my research

Here is a few link's for anyone interested into this topic:

UK archive files
This one has all the UK files

The canadian files online
The Canadian files online for anyone who would rather not download

These links where found here, thanks for the guys who provided them
good work
Government Documents that take UFO seriously

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990
As for your collective idea, I look forward to it if you ever get around to it and I'm sure ATS members would love to help you.

"The Collective" is merely my label for my general project to obtain UFO material in various categories in electronic format which can be searched easily and quickly.

The project has a number of elements, some of which are more advanced than others. I've previously dealt with archiving in PDF format prior posts on UFO email discussion lists and have made a good start on UFO books and journals. Dealing with government documents is probably the main element - it is certainly the most complicated and time-consuming, but I think it is also the most important part. Another significant aspect relates to collections of UFO material held by various universities (this aspect being the one which probably offers the greatest return on the time invested). Each part is a fairly large project.

Assimilating new material into the Collective will require quite a bit of work, hopefully for which a number of people will volunteer to be drones.

My reason for not posting about the Collective so far on ATS is simply that explaining the proposed work on the various parts will take a while to type up. Also, I want to finish a couple of other projects first - partly because I think posting those projects may result in a few more people wanting to help with assimilating material into the Collective.

The problem is finding the time to do these things properly.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
S+F for you mate. Fascinating thread.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

So basically an electronic library for the topic of UFO's, I like it and it would be great.
Something like this would be excellent for research for others, something like wikipedia but much better is this what your aim will be?

I would happily help but I'm not the best with computers, I fully support the idea though and would help anyway I can

Time is a major issue, I am atm trying to sort into catagories all the government files for future reference and research. not sure how it will work atm but I know it will take a long time
edit on 21-11-2012 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Oh Isaac! You shouldn't have! *unwraps the thread like a 50's housewife opening a diamond necklace*

This is so awesome there are almost no words.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
Oh Isaac! You shouldn't have! *unwraps the thread like a 50's housewife opening a diamond necklace*

This is so awesome there are almost no words.

I agree with you Malynn. Your Avatar is that "Gillian Anderson" Ooooo that red hair, she is hot.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Ferryman because: Added text

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990

So basically an electronic library for the topic of UFO's, I like it and it would be great.
Something like this would be excellent for research for others, something like wikipedia but much better is this what your aim will be?

Yes and no...

Yes to an electronic library, no to something like wikipedia.

It's more a matter of digitising the underlying reports, documents etc and making them easily available (ideally via free file hosting websites rather than on paid-for websites, which have a habit of disappearing and/or becoming associated with one faction or another within ufology).

The focus would not be on summarising the material or expressing conclusions. There are lots of (conflicting) summaries and (hotly contested) opinions available online. The basic idea would be to dramatically improve ease of access to underlying source material so that disputes can be quickly and easily looked into and discussed.

(I have nothing against wikipedia or summaries of material. Indeed, I was one of the relatively small group of people that supported "Tinwiki", i.e. a wiki here on ATS which was vandalised and has now fallen away. That's just not the focus of this particular potential project).

The computer side of things is only part of the project. The main thrust would be to digitise material which currently sits around in various archives where few people can easily access it. Given the ease with which documents (and other material) can be digitised by people with access to the proper equipment, fairly large volumes of new material could be made available in a relatively short span of time IF the enough of the right people were involved. However, as I've said elsewhere on ATS recently, I've been reluctant to post much about relevant plans because I have doubts about whether many other people have the necessary appetite for this sort of push forward (or, indeed, whether I have the necessary appetite myself!).

edit on 21-11-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join