It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orcas chasing diver & dog (Matheson Bay)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I dunno about you guys, but if i was being followed (or watched) closely by a group of Orcas I would be freaking the **** out...In the clip below it shows a diver who had a close run in with some Orca's and his dog who came close to being dinner... And remember Orcas are some of the smarter predators out there today, I'm sure you all remember the clip of the Killer Whale taking down the Great white shark... But in this clip who knows if the orcas were just curious in both the diver and dog. I'm sure if the Orca's wanted to kill them they likely could have figured out a plan to take them down.....

Anyways, enjoy the close call... I'm just glad the dog made it to safety phewwwww..

Mods- I ran a search didn't see it, but if it's already up 86 the thread...
edit on 20-11-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't think there's ever been an Orca attack on a human recorded. As smart as they are, they probably had never seen a dog and were curious. That Orca could have EASILY taken that dog if it wanted to.
edit on 11/20/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I don't think there's ever been an Orca attack on a human recorded. As smart as they are, they probably had never seen a dog and were curious. That Orca could have EASILY taken that dog if it wanted to.
edit on 11/20/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

You know that dog was sh*tting himself a little there....hahaha

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I liked how he turned around and looked like he was barking at the Orca, like 'Yeah, come try me now *****."

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
yeh just picture that in the local paper :-

LOST: cute dog last seen chilling out with some whales.
answers to the name of flipper

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

No no no. His name is Chum.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
When the dog was swimming to land the orca that was chasing it was an adolecent.........obviously he was curious but he also could have taken a bite out of the dog to further his curiosity. I personally think that if he had any more time to think about it he would have. They are predatory animals and I think they thought at first the diver and the black dog were seals a common mistake among whales and sharks who come across divers in black suits.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Gotta admit the Orcas just looked curious in the video and could have taken either of them out in a second. But I'm beggining to think that Orcas are the a holes of the aquatic community. They do so much dick stuff sometimes.
edit on 20-11-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

Except that Orcas have swum with divers quite a few times and have never once bitten a diver. Even the Orca that was responsible for the death of the trainer at Sea World appeared to be playing.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Why was the dog even allowed to go into the water with any sort of predatory animal that close by? I know I sure as hell wouldn't let me dog out into the water with them. There might not be any cases on record of orca's attacking humans or dogs, but do I want to risk it and be the first one?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rivetlikewhoa
Why was the dog even allowed to go into the water with any sort of predatory animal that close by? I know I sure as hell wouldn't let me dog out into the water with them. There might not be any cases on record of orca's attacking humans or dogs, but do I want to risk it and be the first one?

I agree, that's just playing with fire IMHO... Why even risk it? I'm a total animal lover and I would NEVER allow my pet to play around known predators... Just stupid unnecessary risks, especially when the animal (dog) doesn't know any better because they've been domesticated

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
lol.. poor pooch.

I have yet to see the clip of the Orca taking out the Great White.. could someone please provide the link?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It's not too safe standing on the beach either

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by fattyp

She was a 25 year old Orca, who learned that if you flip a Great White over on its back, it goes into Tonic Immobility and can't fight back. So she flipped it over and drowned it, then ate it.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yeah man they are very smart creatures if they wanted to eat the diver or the dog they would have done it in a heartbeat.

Haha I love how the dog acts all staunch once it gets back on land

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rivetlikewhoa

I doubt he would have known that there were there was a group or killer whales there, I live in Auckland, New Zealand which is where Matheson Bay is and even though I havn't been there I know it's not exactly common for a bunch of killer whalesto be chilling out by the beach

Every now and then though there are occasional stories that come up in the news and stuff when killer whales have been seen swimming through at different beaches, but yeah my point being I doubt he knew they were there and just tossed his dog in the water

He would have been diving and his dog would have been swimming with him then they saw them

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Orcas fascinate me.

They are one of the most intelligent predators in the Oceans. They are known to clear areas of Sharks so they can go about their business. I'd be concerned about being in the water with them though. Never know if their apatite will over ride their intelligence in order to obtain a meal.

Kind of spooky

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Orcas fascinate me.

They are one of the most intelligent predators in the Oceans. They are known to clear areas of Sharks so they can go about their business. I'd be concerned about being in the water with them though. Never know if their apatite will over ride their intelligence in order to obtain a meal.

Kind of spooky

I remember seeing a documentary about Orcas and they were saying they are one of the most intelligent creatures on earth, and they don't attack humans because they don't see us as a threat, like they actually recognize us.

The camera man was able to swim with them and film and get amongst them while they were hunting and killing and the orcas were extra sure to go around and not harm the camera man, was awesome

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by doodles40

Well...

With a shark you're either a meal if the shark is hungry or they'll most likely leave if they're not. With Orcas that curiosity is a bit unnerving. Are they hungry, curious or are they going to screw with you just for kicks?

It's the not knowing that would get to me...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by doodles40

Well...

With a shark you're either a meal if the shark is hungry or they'll most likely leave if they're not. With Orcas that curiosity is a bit unnerving. Are they hungry, curious or are they going to screw with you just for kicks?

It's the not knowing that would get to me...

Oh yeah man definitely still would be freaky no denying that haha. There have been other times where Orca have come through New Zealand on beaches and stuff and people have surfed and kayaked along side them haha. But yeah jeez anything that big would be unnerving to swim with

top topics

<<   2 >>

join