It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Heaven have a ranking/class system?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
In describing Heaven, the Bible alludes to a ranking system there as well.

Matthew 18:1 "Verily i say unto you, except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.”

Just wondering if people will be in heaven for all eternity, stuck in different classes like on earth.

Mr 9:35 And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.
Mr 10:31 But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.
Mr 10:44 And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.
Mt 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
Re 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

You see the idea here is that to truly be "great" you put yourself "least"; to be "first" you make yourself "last"? What this is saying is that, to be a king you have to put yourself as servant of all. So in this way the "greatest of all" is also "the least of all"- and so you see this "divine equilibrium" as it were. Are you the king of the world? If so, then you are the servant of the world: you are both above the world, and beneath the world. In this way, the one at the "bottom" of the proverbial totem pole is actually also at the "top"; you see? This is how the "mountains" are "made low" and the "valleys" are "raised high"- it is all a matter of understanding that to be "great" means you put others before you; you look at others as though they are greater than yourself:

Php 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

It's all a matter of perception. Now, though we look at these things as "rankings" it's moreso these things are "fitting together" of variances: what I mean is, try to understand this is a body and not so much as independant varieties. Such as: some are hands, some are eyes, some ears, some feet: each of us having a place in the variety of the body. But what happens when the eyes say, "Look at me; I'm the greatest part of the body- with me we see color and form! Away with you, foot! Truly I am the greater!" And then the ear says, "Not so fast, eyes! I am greatest of all- with me you hear the beautiful voice, and the music; I am truly the greatest" and then the hand join in, "Not so! Of what use are you, eyes and ears, without me- the hand? You sit and perceive that which is around you, but I CREATE and I MAKE REAL the things you perceive- the two of you, eyes and ears- HA! Couch potatoes- sitting and enjoying the work of us hands!" and so you see this makes a miserable body, constantly at war with the members, each striving to be "the best". But, the truth is, though a variety, and different, they are all equally important, and none greater than the other; though they be different than one another- only when the body comes to the understanding and the eyes begin to say, "You feet, you are the best!" and the feet say, "Not so, what are we without the arm?" and the arm says, "Not me, I am just the arm- look at what the eyes do!" and the eyes say, "No no, good arms; don't think me any more than any of you- consider the tongue!" and the tongue says... "You get the picture." (see 1Cor 12:14-26)

So, there will always be the variety of diversity; but all understood as equality in one unity.

In fact, the entire point of this "transient reality" we are passing through is to get us all to the point that, once we are completed, no one will ever think, "I am better than" again:

Eze 31:14 To the end that none of all the trees by the waters exalt themselves for their height, neither shoot up their top among the thick boughs, neither their trees stand up in their height

edit on 20-11-2012 by MrCobb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I beleive due to the reward system of what you have done on earth with what the Lord has given you if there is an increase then there are different rewards. But in the end every one who receives a crown will freely cast them to the feet of Jesus knowing that all ability and all goodness comes from Him to us.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
Matthew 18:18

So I guess if you're an alcoholic in life you might still be in heaven. I hear heaven has the best booze, and Jesus makes the best wine!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think there is a "ranking class" however I happen to also think God does not choose the ranking as the soul itself reaps what he sows.

As above, so below.

We continue to learn and advance. We continue to have other souls helping us reach our highest energy potential so to speak.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join