It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Fukushima Killing America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This snippet is from
urbansurvival.com...

"The multiple nuclear meltdowns at the Fukushima plants beginning on March I l, 201l, are releasing large amounts of airborne radioactivity that has spread throughout Japan and to other nations; thus, studies of contamination and health hazards are merited.

In the United States, Fukushima fallout arrived just six days after the earthquake, tsunami, and meltdowns. Some samples of radioactivity in precipitation, air, water, and milk, taken by the U.S. govemment, showed levels hundreds of times above normal; however the small number of samples prohibits any credible analysis of temporal trends and spatial comparisons. U.S. health officials report weekly deaths by age in 122 cities, about 25 to 35 percent of the national total.

Deaths rose 4.46 percent from 2010 to 2011 in the 14 weeks after the arrival of Japanese fallout compared with a 2.34 percent increase in the prior 14 weeks. The number of infant deaths after Fukushima rose 1.80 percent, compared with a previous 8.37 percent decrease. Projecting these figures for the entire United States yields 13,983 total deaths and 822 infant deaths in excess of the expected.

And the place where the report is found? It's on the website for the Texas Low Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Compact Commission. Texas as a compact with Vermont of all places.

But keep an eye on this one...despite being buried by public health officialdom as much to-do about nothing (especially related back to the atmospheric tests during the Cold War) the key distinction is that Fukushima was not an "over in 10-seconds" kind of event and the poisoning continues...

edit on 11/20/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Using External Content -- Please use EX tags.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The American attitude is killing us even if the radiation isn't. Either way, the Earth is screwed and the future of humanity along with it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
A few good sites to keep up with what is going on is:

Dutchsince- Earthquakes, Radiation, Weather Its a great site!

Climate viewer 3D -This is a really cool site, the guy created a program that pulls the govt sites into a single site. Really cool! Even the radiation monitors

And Solar Ham Real time solar flare activity and warnings

I only have a facebook acct to get these daily updates.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I have a hunch these type of events are simply viewed as "fortituous" to the shadowy people who rule our world....
They already want most of us dead so anything which promotes that end on a mass scale,(and cant be traced back to them) is acceptable to them.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the infor. Keeping the heads up. By the way does anyone know if contaminated radioactive foods are on the shelves. For example teas, which mostly come from that area of the world?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There actually have been reports that radiation levels in the food growing areas on the coast have increased.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think you all worry too much.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alekto
I think you all worry too much.

And I think sometimes we don't worry enough.

Apathy is the root of carelessness.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The increase in death after Fukushima fallout arrived in the states cannot be correlated because, as far as this article goes, does not show a direct link between increased radioactivity and death resulted from the fallout.

I have been following, and keeping tabs on, Fukushima from day one and I see articles like this all the time. I really am at a lost as to what motivates people to write these kinds of articles. With a just a little research and fact checking I am sure the article could be much better. As it stands now, this article is fear mongering due to the lack of a clear connection between the facts presented. How about showing the numbers of deaths in the areas which have experienced a sharp increase in radioactivity from Fukushima fallout. Here in Japan, that is the way journalist have to write up reports on Fukushima radioactivity or no one will take them serious. Often they have to be careful when they say the radioactivity is actually from Fukushima. Although, here in Japan the connection between sharp increases in radioactivity and Fukushima are bit more clear given that the meltdowns happened in Japan. So, journalist over here can get away with implying that the radioactivity is from Fukushima much easier.

I suggest looking into the research done by Fukushima University of the radioactive plume, from Fukushima NPP, which circles around the earth once every so many days. You can use their research as a base to track when and where the plume is to make a better connection to shape increases in radioactivity and Fukushima fallout.

Scientific Paper: “The Fukushima Radioactive Plume Contaminated the Entire Northern Hemisphere During a Relatively Short Period of Time”

The above link provides a good write up about the report on the plume as well as a link to the actual PDF report in full.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Fukushima is killing the whole world..

Just look at these videos. Why they took down two of them just after the release? France video is still online, though but it is the messiest of them..

This is terrorism.

www.irsn.fr...

All three videos:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Ridiculous.

The only people dying from fuku are people from fuku, else already immuno compromized people.

Minute doses of radiation strengthens living organisms.

It's called radiation hormesis. Look it up.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Last I checked, America is a wide terrain, not even all continental.

Is there a map showing relative (raised?) radiation levels??

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
i check this site....
www.radiationnetwork.com...
doesn't look like america is being irradiated

top topics

join