It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics and Close Mindedness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Well I've read The Hero With A Thousand Faces not to mention The Power of Myth. Granted that was probably 8 years ago. The Trickster and the Paranormal has been on my reading list for some time and Mutants and Mystics has just made it on to the list. I just need to get through all the books I already have.
edit on 11/20/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Thank you very much for that video, it was very interesting and refreshing to see that science is not totally blind to such ideas.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thank you for putting that so well, Puter.

I have been having this problem with people, especially family the last few years and it is getting worse on a daily basis.

People do not know how or are unwilling to debate a point. It is always berating, yelling, name calling etc.

What is happening?

When I try to debate and present facts, I am told I am being argumentative.....? Or hounding. The attitude now is, agree with me now or shut up....no facts, no intelligent conversation, just "you are wrong and an idiot, I am right, now shut up."

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I find it odd that your put skeptics/debunkers in one basket. There are some truely terrible de-bunkers on this site, and the only reason why they do it, because they like it. I would go as far to say that if ET did show up, they would be gutted because they love doing what they do. Saying that, there are some good skeptics on this board, but you have to realise that hardcore debunkers are just as bad as hardcore believers.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Yay, finally a skeptic who speak the truth. To a close minded person is someone who will not even consider the possibilities. I used to believe everything I heard. Until I looked at what skeptics where trying to say and I have grown in my beliefs and thoughts because of that. Good job.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The pseudo-skeptics always use insults, disparaging comments, and claims about kool-aid drinking/close mindedness to those who don't accept their way of thinking. We all know something is not right in the world, but they blissfully dream through life told by mainstream media what to believe. They will eventually see, but until they do they should be treated like the ignorant fools that they are.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join