It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shopping Cart Rant....Aaaargh!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HefficideDear God... it's "up the meds" time again. Isn't it?

Only if you plan on sharing the wealth!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

It does. It has a bar across the bottom. If there are a lot of carts, they lack the ability to get some momentum, and the bar stops them. I think the bars is just too skinny. I've mentioned it to the manager a couple of times. Nothing has been done yet..So I park uphill. I can tell you that I have stopped at least 4 or 5 potential door dings as the carts headed to other people's cars. Since this perfectly valid rant has brought up the subject again. I will have another chat.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Searching.......As long as it takes!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

What I can't get is how grocery stores have not retrofitted these things with foam rubber bumpers or insisted on them being made with scratch resistant plastic...something besides metal or hard plastic.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

But that would be too practical! Plus, we can't have the miniscule cost of doing something so outrageously advantageous cutting into corporate officer's yearly bonus check, can we?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I literally can't wrap my head around some of you reading babies have DIED this way and you will still continue to do it because you don't think it can happen to you.

shopping cart

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I agree, return your shopping carts, please. I find it irksome when I come out of a store and find some shopping cart nestled up against my vehicle. Usually the nose.

I've started shopping at Aldi's the past year and a half. I like their cart system there. You insert a quarter into your shopping cart, it unlocks the lock, and when you return the cart you get your quarter back. Not once have I seen stray shopping carts in the parking lot since I've been going there. It works for the Aldi in my area, whereas the shopping centers across the street are in a complete disarray.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenAngelWings33
The main reason stores haven't done this is because in most, if not all cases the store assumes no liability for damage done to cars in their parking lot due to stray carts. Most stores have signs up stating this too. I actually had my car hit so hard once that it dented an entire door in. The store wouldn't help cover it...and thats especially bad considering I worked at that store and had to leave my car parked in their lot for 8-12 hours at a time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join