It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreigners at my job dont have to pay income tax..WHY?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I work for Kyocera and we have quite a few mexicans and some vietnamese as well as thai people working there. Not one dime is taken out for income tax or social security or medicare. One of the mexicans said they can work for one year and go back to mexico and live for a long time, same with the vietnamese. Why are they not paying taxes?
Also my friend that lost use of his arm was forced to get an EBT card. The first question they ask when he calls is ,,"for english press one"...then when he got the card and called for a balance,same thing. He actually needs the card.
What are we doing ? Why doesnt EVERYONE get U.S. citizenship?, there is free food here, free phones,welfare, I mean, a person can come to the U.S. ,,get free food for years,gov. housing,,get a job under the table or one that takes out no taxes but issues a tax form at the end of the year so its up to them to actually file and skip out paying for a few years on the IRS and go back to their own country.
BUT THEN AGAIN ,,why not , the U.S. gives billions (that we know of) in foreign aid,,why not just feed the world with inexpendible money,but neglect the citizens here who have lost their houses. ...
I just want to know why I have to pay taxes but the guy beside me from vietnam does NOT !

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

is not that easy to become a citizen.....its a long process that requires you to file papers, pay hundreds of dollars and live here long enough, not to mention speak the language on the day of the test.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

It is purely the employer's responsibility to take taxes and benefits out of paychecks unless they are all independent contractors receiving 1099 forms from your employer. But, based on who your employer is, I'm doubting these are true independent contractors even if your employer is treating them as such.

If such employees are truly receiving 1099 forms from your employer, I bet the chances are high that the employer isn't turning in their copies to the IRS or that the foreigners are trying to file tax returns. They probably have a mutual deal worked out to make it look legitimate, when it's not.

Your employer is breaking the law.

edit on 20-11-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Many illegals have no desire to become legal. They come here and save money and return to their own countries well off. Some do desire to stay but say that they get more by being illegal. Until we stop the jobs and freebies, we will always have illegal immigration.

When I see our own citizens falling through the cracks, struggling and suffering and I see illegals taking jobs, it saddens me.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance

I work for Kyocera and we have quite a few mexicans and some vietnamese as well as thai people working there. Not one dime is taken out for income tax or social security or medicare. One of the mexicans said they can work for one year and go back to mexico and live for a long time, same with the vietnamese. Why are they not paying taxes?

They sound like migrant or visa workers. Migrant workers have always been allowed to come to the US to work short time. That ended up being the answer for the south when slavery was abolished.

[Also my friend that lost use of his arm was forced to get an EBT card.

No one is forced to get an EBT card, you have to apply for it.

[The first question they ask when he calls is ,,"for english press one"...then when he got the card and called for a balance,same thing. He actually needs the card.

Yes, you have to call and set up your pin, like an atm card, so you can get use it at the store.

What are we doing ? Why doesnt EVERYONE get U.S. citizenship?, there is free food here, free phones,welfare, I mean, a person can come to the U.S. ,,get free food for years,gov. housing,

You have to be a citizen to get any of those progams, and getting citizenship is NOT easy.

get a job under the table or one that takes out no taxes but issues a tax form at the end of the year so its up to them to actually file and skip out paying for a few years on the IRS and go back to their own country.

It is very, VERY illegal to submit forms for taxes that are not paid. The company will actually get caught for it.

new topics

top topics

join