It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man a woman and an apple.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Someone ask me once to explain the conection between a man a woman and an apple.

I was thinking many times what can be the conection betwen a man a woman and an apple.

Someone offered me today an apple and I refused.

A real apple and a beautiful one.

sageandsumac.wordpress.com...

Very interesting is that in the story the woman was the one to not refuse the apple.

She was tempted ten times or maybe more by the snake.

I wonder why the woman and not the man.

Maybe because man is ten times less tempted by the woman and the woman is ten times more tempted by man.

If man was to be tempted by the snake then maybe he would have felt 10 times more then the woman.

or else humanity could not evolve in terms of population growth.

10 times exponential during history.

The key of this growth is the snake ,he is still present today in an apple,as we eat from that apple everyday without knowing.

When a man looks into a woman's eyes between them suspended in air stands an imaginary apple.

www.realbeauty.com...

www.zazzle.com...

That is the apple from the tree.

Oh and that tomorrow is today.

edit on 20-11-2012 by piequal3because14 because: tomorrow is today.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I just eat two apples.

My snake is always tempted by the fruits of women.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There was no apple or snake, no man or women, not even a garden. It happened more like this.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Im always amazed when people tell the Adam and Eve story. I know of nowhere in any written history or scriptures that the fruit was an apple. I don't buy into the literal story but would like to know how the forbidden fruit became an apple.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I would have just ate the snake and not the apple......BBQ!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
someone was a fool for ever asking you anything. no offense but what a random and baseless thread.
what's that first link for?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

I just eat two apples.
You did?

My snake is always tempted by the fruits of women.
You do?

between 'did' and 'do' stands an imaginary apple.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

There was no apple or snake, no man or women, not even a garden. It happened more like this.
If you say so then it might be ,maybe it's happening even today the way you present it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mmmkay

Im always amazed when people tell the Adam and Eve story.
I didn't pronounce the names of Adam and Eve I pronounce the name of the apple.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I would have just ate the snake and not the apple.
If so then evolutionism might be right.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

For whom have I labored? For whom have I journeyed? For whom have I suffered? I have gained absolutely nothing for myself, I have only profited the snake, the ground lion!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Whether we evolved or not is unimportant. What we do know is that we are animals that are unlike the other animals of this planet. We make judgments within a scope and to an extant that far overshadows any other creature. We are the priestly animals who cover our nakedness (deep nod to the atheists) and build towers of vanity on foundations of eternal principles (deep nod to the masons).

The fruit of knowing good and evil is judgment. So, regardless of how the cosmos were formed, we should echo and honor the Life that lives in all things (more so in some vessels than others).

Between the two camps, Creationists think Evolutionists are nuts, and vice versa. Part of being a good judge is righteously expressing one's own incompleteness, and the other part is righteously expressing justice. A broken and contrite heart, God will not despise. How saddening then, that brokenness and contriteness are such rare traits of either camp.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

What we do know is that we are animals that are unlike the other animals of this planet.
Still we love and protect our children..and we can talk.... and we can distinguish.....and we have reason....and many other things.

We make judgments within a scope and to an extant that far overshadows any other creature
That is true but I try to guess that that might be based on instincts.

We are the priestly animals who cover our nakedness (deep nod to the atheists) and build towers of vanity on foundations of eternal principles (deep nod to the masons).

We are human beings endowed with reason.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Every time i seen an Animal, i see more relationship between Man and Animals....

Our ratio of intelligent is exponential....

Monkey are much smarter than per say a Lizard, you could say exponentially smarter.....

I do not believe in Garden of Eden concept, not only it has many holes, its just that there were many religion existed(some still do) before Abrahamic faiths.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

The story of Eden is less about our physical makeup and more about our spiritual makeup.
To emphasize this point and touch on an idea that you mentioned, our distinction as priestly animals is not entirely premised on intellectual power. Our intellectual malleability is key; So, it is not the processing power of our brain that defines us as "judges", but rather, it is our base programming that does.

The argument of Atheism vs. Theism is not whether there is a God, because everyone believes in life - we are all living... Atheism vs. Theism is better understood to be a questions of whether or not life is alive or it is dead.

And, for myself, it is clear that life is not dead. Death is our nature, or "normal". Some ignorantly wonder why evil exists, but I am simply thankful that life has raised up living beings from the depths of chaos. Again, regardless of our beginning, we are here, living, handling spiritual (immaterial) and often eternal concepts. Let us grow in life.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
What if the story of Eden really took place. What if Earth was actually terra formed 6000 years ago and the translation has been botched on purpose so you would never know.

That way they PTB could pit the evolus against the churchites and they would be so busy fighting that they could take over the world?

Naw, that would be too easy, both sides being wrong.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

The APPLE was most likely a POMEGRANATE as Apple Trees did not grow in the area that was between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers which was the area that was described as the Garden of Eden.

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I don't agree with how its all taught.

After all, god had told them they would die if they ate from the forbiden tree. The serpent told them they certainly would not die, and they ate from the tree and did not die. Now they would later be punished but thats not what god said would happen, he said they would die, so it looks like god lied.

Genesis is perhaps the most interesting part of the bible because it reveals the very real possiblility of us being abducted.
No one has ever figured out what it could possibly mean when someone comes into contact with something and then all of a sudden they realized they are naked.

From the best the I can figure out, if Adam and Eve were abductees, and had thier memories erased, and the forbidden fruit was familliar to them, it could have in fact have brought back thier memory.

Transient global amnesia is very interesting, and what our doctors will tell you is that is best to expose the subject to as many things they could be familliar with, in hopes of getting total recall.

Aliens erasing our memory as part of an abduction is not far fetched and not unheard of. Since the earliest documented cases of abduction, people report to have gotten their memory back over time. It's also not hard to do, a serious dose of alcohol, not that that proves how they did it. As a first punishment, god placed impunity between man and woman. IMO this could have been the removal of our very own ability of telepathy. Since it was communication that caused this defiance, lets make it harder for them to communicate. Just like it states, we were trying to be like gods, so it makes sense that god removed a god like ability.

Followed with a part where god lays them to rest, it again sounds all to familiar of an alien ability known to be used by these ugly little beings we call the grey's. The ability to knock us out cold with mind powers.

It's because of these types of events that the bible is prefaced as a supernatural book. It's not bound or testable by standard scientific methods, and as a result of this, many people have taken a position where they just all out don't believe anything about the bible. The problem is that there were to many people involved, and one thing detectives will teach you is that on the average, people don't lie, but the person does.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

PS. We don't know that it was an apple, thats just an assumption, all we know is it was forbidden fruit, and that it dangled from a tree.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

it wasn't a fruit, it was unsupervised sex. reproduction was only selectively allowed between the creatures in the garden. Enki taught humans the joys of spontaneous sex. which in turn made Enlil expel our kind from the garden of life.

over time Enlil became known as the envious god from the old testament and Enki was turned into the snake in the story.

with so many details present in texts from sumer to egypt, babylon to akkad i wonder how can anyone take the forgery known as the roman bible seriously or even literally...

creatures where naked, so catching the transgressors to enlil's law wasn't such a hard job. and that's why the concept of shame was developed and the beast started wearing clothes.

christianity stole from every other religious text merely editing the sex parts out and creating bogus concepts like virgin birth.
nope sorry you religious zealots can pretend all you want but all of us here, we're here due to our progenitors having in fact engaged in a sexual act.

in case anyone didn't notice that's what separates the abrahamic faiths from other religions, sexual repression.

edit on 24-11-2012 by UziLiberman because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2012 by UziLiberman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join