It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Gaza truce to be announced within hours

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

I'd lean more towards war with Iran, but I would say both. If you're following the Gaza update thread, there are boots on the ground in Gaza tonight, and the shelling has hit a new high. Constant bombardment going on.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It seems to me that this is all posturing. After reading the article on KFYI I found this bit to be interesting on the time span of the treaty

Israel Radio, quoting unnamed officials close to the truce talks, said the Jewish state will agree to a cease-fire it hopes will last for at least two years, enforced by Israel, the United States and Egypt. After two years and in the event Israel comes under attack by Hamas in Gaza, Israel will be forced once again to act against the terrorist infrastructure in Gaza, the report said. Read more: politics.kfyi.com...

So, this to me seems a bit confusing: how is there to be a peace treaty between recognized nations that any terrorist by placing a roadside bomb can basically make such a treaty null and void...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Updated at 12:30pm EST:

Israeli, Palestinian forces plan cease-fire to Gaza Strip fighting

The unnamed adviser to Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi said Morsi will announce the cease-fire at 2 p.m. ET (9 p.m. Cairo time) and that it will go into effect three hours later, Ward reports.

However, the adviser said that the agreement was "subject to change," Ward reports.

That is... 4 minutes from now.
Oh please let this be true.
Please.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Not going to happen. We're watching the feeds, and we haven't seen this level of activity all week. They're hammering Gaza right now. Someone tweeted, F-16s, naval ships, mortars, and artillery.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hamas will probably use the cease fire to try and fire missiles they were worried about being shot down, instead of rockets that are a best guess as to where they hit.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Have been following a Gaza thread with live updates from many sources. It's not the one someone else mentioned but yeah, I do know about the increase in shelling and all. That is why I hope & pray this attempt at a cease fire will come to fruition!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hamas says there is a deal, Israel says there isnt

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I hope beyond hope, that this happens. The poor bystanders on both sides have gone through enough for archaic ideologies. It reminds me of divorcing parents that use their children against each other.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If that's what they're holding out for, I don't see a cease fire happening any time soon.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
@IDFSpokesperson
twitter.com...

A short while ago, we targeted 2 terror operatives in the central Gaza Strip

Over the past hour, we targeted 20 terror sites in the #Gaza Strip

I don't see how they can be working toward a cease fire as they're currently bombing various locations within Gaza. I suppose they plan executing the assault until the they hear the official "cease fire".
edit on 20-11-2012 by Rulkiewicz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Not going to happen. We're watching the feeds, and we haven't seen this level of activity all week. They're hammering Gaza right now. Someone tweeted, F-16s, naval ships, mortars, and artillery.

Please don't say "Not going to happen." Let us please concentrate on a miracle.
I know that sounds mammy-pamsy, but I simply cannot succumb to despair.
I don't want it to stop so I can be right. I want it to stop so people can live.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I wish America would invade Israel and help the Palestinians out...

But our government, banks, media, and even entertainment industry is on the zionist puppet strings unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I want it to stop too. As fascinated as I am studying the military, I hate the fact that we have to resort to violence like this. But the way they are absolutely hammering Gaza, and the demands that Hamas is making, I don't see this stopping in the next two or three hours.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
I wish America would invade Israel and help the Palestinians out...

But our government, banks, media, and even entertainment industry is on the zionist puppet strings unfortunately.

Since we guarantee to protect Israel, they can beat up on Palestinians 24 hrs a day and never have to worry about receiving what they dish out. If we stopped backstopping these war crimes by Israel, then maybe they would have to find common ground for peace

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
There is a report that 18 Israelis have been killed today (9 IDF, 9 civilians). I think we're going to see a major escalation. Israel doesn't care how many Palestinians are killed, but god help Palestine when there are Israelis killed.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
4 minutes ago:
Twitter-OpIsrael

LadyDragon ‏@LadyDragon13
#Gaza #GazaUnderAttack #Ceasefire #Opisrael Breaking new= Hilarry clinton will appear on TV in about 2 hrs

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Russia to propose UN resolution on Gaza Crisis if the West continues to 'filibuster' the UN Security Council statement on the crisis.

According to Churkin the key components of Russia’s resolution would be the following: An end to the violence by a negotiated a ceasefire, support for international and regional efforts to settle the crisis peacefully and a call for the resumption of talks between Palestinians and Israelis on a wider range of problems.
Russia is also calling for an emergency ministerial meeting of the Quartet on the Middle East – the United States, Russia, the United Nations and the European Union. “We believe the quartet should also actively play its role in trying to prevent further aggravation of the extremely dangerous situation,” Churkin said.
In the meantime, the text of what appears to be a draft document has been leaked on the internet.

Source

Supposed Leaked Document: Here

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I want it to stop too. As fascinated as I am studying the military, I hate the fact that we have to resort to violence like this. But the way they are absolutely hammering Gaza, and the demands that Hamas is making, I don't see this stopping in the next two or three hours.

I know you do! Any sane person wants this to stop.
Do you tune in to this live feed?
HarryFear
He just said "coming in from Egypt there are no plans for a halt to the violence."

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I listen to him occasionally, but I keep getting random ads pop up on his site. I have to crank the volume to hear the RT feed, so the ads are insanely loud.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I listen to him occasionally, but I keep getting random ads pop up on his site. I have to crank the volume to hear the RT feed, so the ads are insanely loud.

Is this the Live RT you speak of? RT
Cause I can't hear a blooming thing, volume full blast.
If it's another, please provide link-dink.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join