It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Gaza truce to be announced within hours

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I have been following HarryFear (Independent Reporter Live in Gaza) which has led me to other sources of information for what is going on, in 'real-time.'

He reported a Cease Fire within 2 hours, per his sources. So I google it, and found some pretty reliable-looking sources. Here is one: Link

Want more sources? Here, let me Google that for you...

Click Here!

edit on 11/20/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Yay! New Here and your awesome avvy... all right, I'll check it out.
Isn't it awesome you are my first source for this?
edit on 20-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
I have been following HarryFear (Independent Reporter Live in Gaza) which has led me to other sources of information for what is going on, in 'real-time.'

He reported a Cease Fire within 2 hours, per his sources. So I google it, and found some pretty reliable-looking sources. Here is one: Link

While I think everyone wants this to be true, there is some pretty good discussion going on about this in this thread as well. Israel - Palestine Update Thread

The last 3 pages or so are primarily discussing the possibility of a cease fire being reached.

As an interesting side note, the RT live feed about 45 minutes or so ago showed the whole press conference between Netenyahu and Ban Ki Moon where it was very evident that a cease fire had not been agreed upon as it was not even mentioned in this press conference.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I keep on getting reminded about how much all of these names seem to come from the Star Wars universe... it's like the Jedi Counsel is trying to negotiate some kind of peace agreement.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Looks like the Israeli's are not done yet.

Israeli govt spokesman tells CNN truce deal with Gaza militants not finalized, "ball still in play"

by Matthew Keys 4:48 PM

Reuters Live Gaza Feed

Those surgical strikes are going well..
This just in.

Noah Browning @sheikhNB #Israel airstrike just killed 2 al-Aqsa TV cameramen in their car, #Gaza.

Locals suspect the intended target was #Hamas PM Ismail Haniyeh

edit on 20-11-2012 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Just heard it on the news.
we'll see what happens.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Yay! New Here and your awesome avvy... all right, I'll check it out.
Isn't it awesome you are my first source for this?
edit on 20-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Yay is right-- let us hope for the best. Me & my 'awesome avvy' want PEACE.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I saw this while at the gym. Thank God. I cannot take anymore baby killings.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Thank you for bringing this up, MyMindIsMyOwn! I saw this live conference on RT, and summarized what I heard here: here. Secretary General of the UN deplored the civilian casualty count and asked Israel to exercise great restraint, stating that a cease fire and humanitarian aide are needed for the area. This, just before he and Netanyahoo (can't spell it!) departed to discuss it. This, to me, makes things sound very promising.

Anyway, while I was typing it out, Harry spoke of reported plans for a 'cease fire within hours' on his feed. So, having just watched RT, knowing it had not been agreed upon yet, I googled it and saw a plethora of information lending credence to the reports it may be eminent, and thought it worthy of bringing to the forefront (its own thread.) If you follow the Google link, it is 'all the talk' ...and God knows we need some good-news talk!!!

Harry did mention the confusing dichotomy of increased bombing and the dropping of leaflets warning Gazan citizens of a ground invasion amidst this talk of a reported 'cease fire within hours.' This, he chalks up to psychological warfare. Whether or not he is right, time will tell.

Peace and Love to all... especially the innocent civilians caught in the cross-fire!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

I keep on getting reminded about how much all of these names seem to come from the Star Wars universe... it's like the Jedi Counsel is trying to negotiate some kind of peace agreement.

Only a creatively perceptive mind like yours would make that connection. Now, that is all I can see when I read the names.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
Looks like the Israeli's are not done yet.

Israeli govt spokesman tells CNN truce deal with Gaza militants not finalized, "ball still in play"

by Matthew Keys 4:48 PM

Reuters Live Gaza Feed

Those surgical strikes are going well..
This just in.

Noah Browning @sheikhNB #Israel airstrike just killed 2 al-Aqsa TV cameramen in their car, #Gaza.

Locals suspect the intended target was #Hamas PM Ismail Haniyeh

This makes the 3 media persons killed, plus the 4 wounded during the bombing of the media building in Gaza. (One guy's leg had to be amputated.) This is not a good track record for this war.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

I saw this while at the gym. Thank God. I cannot take anymore baby killings.

I agree. DO NOT click on any of the links below if you are not prepared to handle the graphic nature of innocent young casualties of this tragic situation.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Please, please let there be a cease fire. For the children. On both sides. But particularly in Gaza, because there have been so, so many children who have been injured or killed. Their only 'crime' is the fact they were born in Gaza.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

He reported a Cease Fire within 2 hours, per his sources.

The biggest problem with this cease fire is what does it take for both sides to agree that will be beneficial to both sides?

I have a feeling it will take more than one proposal for Israel and the Palestenians to agree.

I hope it happens sooner than later..

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

yea when Hamas runs out off rockets before the IDF launches a ground war we will see them at the table.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

He reported a Cease Fire within 2 hours, per his sources.

The biggest problem with this cease fire is what does it take for both sides to agree that will be beneficial to both sides?

I have a feeling it will take more than one proposal for Israel and the Palestenians to agree.

I hope it happens sooner than later..

Absolutely agree with you on all counts. UN Secretary General mentioned 'Two State Solution' when I watched the press conference on RT. Not saying that will happen, and I know it has been talked about FOREVER, but he did mention it just before they departed to begin negotiations.

That would certainly be something that would seriously bring Gaza to agree. Now, what specifically would Israel ask for in return (besides no missiles fires- that's obvious.)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
As of 735pm (Israeli time), both Palestinian and Egyptian officials said that there was no cease fire deal reached yet.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

As of 735pm (Israeli time), both Palestinian and Egyptian officials said that there was no cease fire deal reached yet.

I am not sure this is going to be resolved in such a short amount of time, but then again stranger things have happened.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

yea when Hamas runs out off rockets before the IDF launches a ground war we will see them at the table.

It may be a while before they run out, considering...
Iran Sends Missiles to Gaza (Article posted 14 hours ago. Is it true? Google search shows corroborating sources, but your guess is as good as mine.)

From DEBKA Files: “An Iranian 150-ton freighter departed Bandar Abbas port recently with a cargo of 220 short-range missiles and 50 improved long-range Fajr-5 rockets for the Gaza Strip. The ship turned toward the Bab al-Mandeb Straits and the Red Sea.”
From IDFNADESK and DEBKA Files: “The Iran’s new Fajr-5′s have a 200-kilo warhead, which packs a bigger punch than the 175 kilos of explosives delivered by the rockets currently in usage with the Palestinian terrorists in the Gaza Strip.”

Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

It's Debka. Debka is a Mossad mouthpiece, so everything you read from them should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

It's Debka. Debka is a Mossad mouthpiece, so everything you read from them should be taken with a huge grain of salt.
Thank you for this info. Could well be false info. If so, to what end...

* Excuse for war with Iran?
* Excuse to escalate in Gaza?
* Both of the above?

Edit to Add: This was posted on RT with detail on how it would play out. (Source is still Debka though.) I'll certainly be watching to see if any areas mentioned here get bombed to smithereens.

Iran sends missiles to Gaza - report
A bulk consignment of short and long-range Iranian missiles is en route to Gaza to help the Palestinian defense against Israel, DEBKAfile reports. An Iranian 150-ton freighter is loaded with 220 short-range missiles and 50 long-range Fajar-5 rockets with 200-kilo warheads, the agency learned. The cargo, according to DEBKAfile, is to be transferred at sea to four Sudanese shipping boats. Later, it is alleged that the weapons will be transferred via the Sinai coast and then through smuggling tunnels into Gaza. This at a time when the international community is trying to broker a peace deal in the crisis which so far has taken the lives of more than a hundred Palestianian civilians and left almost a thousand injured.
04:51permalink

Source

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join