It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's 'Iron Dome' intercepts rockets launched from Gaza (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is not meant to be a commentary on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.
I am not taking sides (within in this thread.)

I simply wanted to pass on a video that shows Israel's 'Iron Dome' anti-missile defense system in action. This video was posted a few days ago on Youtube.

I am not ever in favor of War, but I do believe (true) self-defense in common sense.
With that said, I wish every country had one of these systems. I wish the Palestinians had it too.
Not because it protects governments, but because it protects innocent life.
I'm tired of "civilians" being killed. (Civilians = another word for human beings: children, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, neighbors and teachers and lovers and friends.)

I encourage everyone to say a prayer (or just send 'good thoughts') towards all of those involved in this conflict. I pray for the children who must grow up in a world where sirens and bombs and gunshots and dead friends is commonplace. The stress and fear would be enough to make us all go mad.

Namaste.

edit on 20-11-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Im assuming the white streaks coming from the ground are the Iron Dome intercepts and the orange flashes are the Rockets exploding in the air??

Thats quite a lot of hits. Very impressive.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I said this in another thread, and I'll say it again. The problem with all anti-missile systems, from Phalanx, to Patriot, to Iron Dome, is that there are remnants. Those remnants are going to be less destructive than the rocket or missile would be if it was intact, but they're still going to cause damage, and kill people.

That's exactly what happened with the Patriot system during Desert Storm. They actually hit a lot of the Scuds they were fired at, but they didn't completely destroy them, and in some cases, the warheads were left intact to land and detonate, and the rest of the time the debris came down. With a rocket it's not as bad, but there is always going to be some debris left.

new topics

join