learn more

Phillyburb hunters shoots down activist spy drone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
And this imaginary right to privacy that you made up. So there's that again...

Privately owned property is exactly that- private. Law enforcement can say whatever they like, but that doesn't make it true or right.

The USA is built on the right to individual privacy. That is a fact.

It is also a fact that law enforcement has stolen our right to individual privacy in an effort to increase revenue streams and to enormously increase the number of "crimes" they can supposedly "prosecute" to "keep us safe". They expect us to be thankful for this theft of our rights. Fools.

This does not change the fact that citizens of the USA have a right to privacy. We will be taking that right back from the authoritarian thieves, hopefully in the near future.

Shoot a drone a day!

Makes a nice bumper sticker.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yeah but that right to privacy ends when you step out in public view. Should we play another round?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

There you go..en.wikipedia.org...
But, I suspect you will not truly understand it, as you are not here nor do you live here or represent anyone here.

Now, back to Finland with you.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

No, no it does not.
When on Public property it does.
There are voyeurism laws and countless Case Law statutes that confirm this.
Please, get off your lazy Finish butt and do your own research.
Or, just continue to believe in your own BS, as it seems you believe you know more then those that reside here.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Definition: In a live pigeon shoot, shooters kill live pigeons who are released from cages or mechanically launched as the birds attempt to fly away. Shooters pay to participate in the shoots, and prizes are awarded to those who kill the most pigeons. The birds may be either captured from the wild or bred for this purpose. The only state in US where pigeon shoots are legal is Pennsylvania.

animalrights.about.com...

Now where was this "drone" when it was shot down while filming the pigeon shoot, which they say:

‘not just vile and immoral, but we believe illegal,’

In Pennsylvania. So they possibly could be sued for harassment, since the people involved in the shoot were performing an event that was perfectly legal, on private property.
edit on 11/20/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Its actually illegal to invade property and spy like this.
Not to mention, totally immoral and unjustified.

As a bird lover I am saddened by people raising birds to shoot for fun. Can I raise dogs or cats to shoot for fun?

I suppose it does help prevent people from killing too many wild birds. At one time there was a bird known as the Passenger pigeon. Hunted to extinction.
edit on 11/20/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

link   

Yeah but that right to privacy ends when you step out in public view. Should we play another round?

This is the fallacy that has been promulgated by law enforcement and super market tabloids. It has been supported by the corrupt judicial system currently in place. Again, that does not make it true. Eventually the people will straighten those folks out. They won't enjoy it.

Private is private. As long as what ever you are doing is not hurting others or destroying other property, if you don't like what is happening on private property DON"T LOOK!

link   
reply to post by macman

Oh, good try. However do I need to educate you that constitution is peoples rights vs. government. Not peoples rights vs. other people. You being there physically making you the foremost authority in the issue should know that

[edit to add]
This little gem from your very own source:

Similarly, "open fields" such as pastures, open water, and woods may be searched without a warrant, on the ground that conduct occurring therein would have no reasonable expectation of privacy.
edit on 20/11/2012 by PsykoOps because:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Yes, you should be able to shoot dogs and cats.
I see no problem with that.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

You do realise that the airspace above private property (50-100ft.) is public space? Now what was that you were saying?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Why are there laws against dog and cock fights?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You really have no clue.

So, in your world of how to understand OUR law of the land, the Govt can't remove my right to freedom of speech, but one person can do so to another?

You are diluted and this truly shows just how pampas and ignorant your view is.
Sure sure there, sure sure.

I shall be making my way to PA to shoot some pigeons some time in the near future. I shall send you pictures of them.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by macman

Pigeon's should start fighting...

Then they could get their own laws...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by macman

What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

Personally, I think there should not be laws against that. But, off topic.
edit on 20-11-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Montana

You do realise that the airspace above private property (50-100ft.) is public space? Now what was that you were saying?

You do realize that bullets travel far higher than 50-100 feet right?

You can try to play devils advocate all day long, but in the end, the SHARK group was looking for trouble. Plain and simple. And kids, tell the nice camera man what we have learned......

"If you go looking for trouble, you will probably find it" (chanted by the whole class)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

That applies to open fields, where there is no fence or marking stating where public and private party begin and end.

Again, you have no clue.

Go google some more BS and pitch it as end all be all.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I couldn't care less what your opinion on the matter is. I asked you to quote the law and you failed doing that. Go ahead and go shoot whatever you were going to shoot. Like I said to the other guy, remember responsible gun safety. We wouldn't wan't you to get hurt

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Someone said it was immoral for a drone to fly there. What about the morality of shooting birds for fun.

edit on 11/20/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

reply to post by Montana

You do realize that bullets travel far higher than 50-100 feet right?

And how does that change anything?

You can try to play devils advocate all day long, but in the end, the SHARK group was looking for trouble. Plain and simple. And kids, tell the nice camera man what we have learned......

"If you go looking for trouble, you will probably find it" (chanted by the whole class)

They were looking to do their documentaries on animal cruelty. If you consider that as "looking for trouble" then fine. They broke no laws anyway.
Your chanting changes nothing btw.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
edit on 11/20/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join