It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native American Indians & The People of Palestine......One in the same..And it's a damn shame.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I could not read past those savage american indians part.
FYI...I am part cherokee and blackfeet!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I could not read past those savage american indians part.
FYI...I am part cherokee and blackfeet!

Its just a tactic used by invaders to dehumanize the targeted people. It always works.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
There are no "chosen" people. If america keeps brown nosing israel, this will cast us in a even more negative light. Are we affraid of israel? Is that what it is?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

I am part native american and I also support Israel!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The algonkin peoples according to the five fires prophesy were given this promised land "where the food grows on the waters" and guided to it by the creator...

and they certainly have been treated in a similar manner to palistineans

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CincinnatiReds
I take it you're not a believer in Darwinism?

You mean, "Screwing over your fellows without conscience" ?? Maybe we should go beat up seniors, since we are the fittest it shouldn't be much challenge.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by papazen
Oh yeah sure, like the natives never had wars amongst themselves over land. They never kidnapped and killed other natives from other tribes over cultural and territorial differences. They took land in the same manner from someone else too, that crap happened every where in the world ...conquering. Whats your point?

Warfare between tribes and genocide are two completely different things; what the European settlers did to the native population in America was GENOCIDE; they killed off something like 96% of the population if my memory serves me. Ratio wise that's worse than Hitler's attempted genocide of the Jews.

Unless your comparing Hitler's actions to tribal warfare over land, in which case you're out of your mind, you have to acknowledge that there is a major difference between the two.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Oannes

I am part native american and I also support Israel!

Do you support giving aid to Israel in the form of money (they are already wealthy, btw) and weapons? If so, why? (Please don't say "The Bible told me.")

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

Israel owns our congress, that's why they are such an influential figure in our politics and decision making. Money talks, bulls*** walks; look into the power of the AIPAC.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
I am not going into an anti Israel rant with this post. . I'm sick of Israel. I'm sick of their whine. I'm sick of their lies. I'm sick of their lack of moral character toward any one. Hey" Israel... Your crap dooe stink, I can smell it all the way here in N.C.
If the world keeps letting this nation get away with the crimes they gey away with, when they turn that erradication eye toward us... what will we do? Trust me.If you don't think Israel would nuke us back to the stone ages if we got in their way.. You have been living under a rock.

Israel is the " Great Satan" the Muslims claim them to be. Their actions present and past paint that picture. All the amount of whining and story changing aint gonna work for them any more. The world see's you for what you really are Israel. " A war mongering nation, filled with a hate filled populace" To the people of Palestine. I will burn some sage for you tonight... as I ask that your burden be lifted and the evil that haunts you all goes away.Peace. OYM1262
edit on 20-11-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

I was going to call you a liar but instead i will ask if you proof read your post; Which i will state you did not since you started with "im not going into an anti israel rant with this post" then just ranted on about anti israel stuff.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

You do know Israel demolish Palestine's houses on a daily bases(sometimes with people inside them if they don;t listen).

You do know they keep increasing their borders right?

Even tho Hamas are fighting for multiple reasons, Hamas does not represent the Palestinians... However, You have to choose between 2 evil.

One will extort you for protection. while Other wants to wipe you out.

How much more land do Israel need to satisfy their puny population?

The whole massacre can be stopped by Israel in a minute, they refused to do so. Who will right, because 100% they will have the least damage due to their Army and weaponry.

Guns VS Bows/Arrows.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
The history of the world is a history of migrations of people.

Often violence is associated with these migrations.

The winners write the history, the losers fade away.

There is nothing stoping arab powers and those that pull stings over there.....like those that pay for the hamas rockets.....to simply say "the Jews are back. Now we all know this area is their homeland from way way back......and that they are related to most of the peoples that live around the area. So lets welcome them back and live in peace".

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Interesting analogy.

Theres probably some other good analogies out there as well. Maybe the Civil Rights movement? Difference there being that Blacks were taken from their land. With the Palestinians, their land was taken from them.

What is/are "Blacks"? Are you trying to say Africans? They were not taken, they were sold, mostly by their own people. Some by french settlers.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by dollukka

You do know Israel demolish Palestine's houses on a daily bases(sometimes with people inside them if they don;t listen).

You do know they keep increasing their borders right?

Even tho Hamas are fighting for multiple reasons, Hamas does not represent the Palestinians... However, You have to choose between 2 evil.

One will extort you for protection. while Other wants to wipe you out.

How much more land do Israel need to satisfy their puny population?

The whole massacre can be stopped by Israel in a minute, they refused to do so. Who will right, because 100% they will have the least damage due to their Army and weaponry.

Guns VS Bows/Arrows.

Israel has given back large areas of land over the years, that could have been used as a buffer zone, that they took durring wars that others started.

The whole "massacre" can be stoped in a minute? You mean it will all stop when Jews leave or are wiped out.

Also what sort "military" minds fire rockets into a nation as well armed as Israel? And then cry about Israel protecting themselves? And then blame dead people on Israel?

This is a propagand "war" for the Jew haters. The Hamas kills thier own by provocation and then tried to stir it up by running around saying "look what Israel has done." Hamas is guilty of thier dead countrymen as much a if they had killed them themselves.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

My attitude toward Israel is such that my damn mind want let my fingers type anything that begins to show a "positive light" to anything Israel does....My bad. They are as we read & write these words... killing people without just cause. A homemade rocket VS Laser guided 2000lb bombs. The equivalent of you throwing a rock at me over my fence.... And me opening fire on you with an AK 47.

And as far as me lieing about this want turn into a rant. Read the above paragraph,,and get the hell over it. The post was to show the simularities between what we did to the Native Americans and what Israel is doing to the people of Palestine. As we the rest of the world sit and watch. Have you ever read the amount of stuff Israel want let the Palestinians have? What are the rockets made of dirt? Because that's about all they got to work with.

A slow strangulation of a people. An erradication in the process and some are worried about a damn rant..Please.

When all of the people of Palestine have been erradicated.....Who would be next on Israel's list?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by Sissel

]None of them are forced to be there. I know for a fact. Many live and work outside of the rez, and earn decent incomes, and still do not pay federal or state income taxes, which is fine by me. Don't make it sound like they don't have the best of two worlds, because they do. It's how they choose to use this luxury, most Americans don't have the luxury of. Most assuredly something Palestinians are not able to enjoy.

Well, its a fact that the federal government decided to "encourage" people on the rez to assimilate back in the 70s ~ to give up their native cultures and traditions to become second class citizens in the general population. There's a pile of them that gave it a try and many still are trying, like in Minneapolis, where they have their own little enclaves, although many have returned to the reservations.

Long before I moved to the desert southwest, I knew people in Illinois, who moved there, but who were tied to the rez in Rosebud, South Dekota. They lived outside the reservation but still received funds to live on from the reservation, while still earning incomes. They had free health insurance then, and still do. What don't you understand about a lot of Native Americans living the best of both worlds? There is no comparison to what Palestinians endure! None. I think it's awesome my Native American friends have taken advantage of the best of both worlds. I am just saying, they have the luxury of doing so. No matter where they live, they can always draw on tribal funds.........yes, they can.

I do get a kick out of people who brag how the Indians get all that free federal health care but are so adament that they don't want it for themselves. And with good reason.

chronic under funding of IHS, and in its regulation heavy bureaucracy both of which give rise to the sobering fact that at 1,642 per 100,000 people, the death rate for Na tive Americans in South Dakota is the highest of any race or ethnic group in the U.S., according to 2007 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention numbers.

www.lakotacountrytimes.com...

No free health care should be available to everyone. From what I have witness and learned, it's all to easy to get lazy and addicted, when you get a lot for free. Some work it the right way, and a greater number of people work it the wrong way.

The grass is always greener, hey?

It is what it is. It's not for me to say, which side of the lawn is greener.
edit on 20-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

My attitude toward Israel is such that my damn mind want let my fingers type anything that begins to show a "positive light" to anything Israel does....My bad. They are as we read & write these words... killing people without just cause. A homemade rocket VS Laser guided 2000lb bombs. The equivalent of you throwing a rock at me over my fence.... And me opening fire on you with an AK 47.

And as far as me lieing about this want turn into a rant. Read the above paragraph,,and get the hell over it. The post was to show the simularities between what we did to the Native Americans and what Israel is doing to the people of Palestine. As we the rest of the world sit and watch. Have you ever read the amount of stuff Israel want let the Palestinians have? What are the rockets made of dirt? Because that's about all they got to work with.

A slow strangulation of a people. An erradication in the process and some are worried about a damn rant..Please.

When all of the people of Palestine have been erradicated.....Who would be next on Israel's list?

Would you rather Israel not use the laser guided missiles?
Would you rather them do as the Hamas and just fire amongst those they see as the enemy, killing WHOMEVER happens to be in the direct line of their rockets?
They use laser guided missiles to take out their targets with the least amount of collateral damage. Hamas does not care who or what they hit and kill, as long as it is an Israeli.
Not exactly sure what your rub is but perhaps you should take your own advice and............
GET OVER IT!!
Quad

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

The B-I-B-L-E that is the book for me,I'll stand up for the
word of God,the B-I-B-L-E.
I support Israel and her God-given rights to the land! Do
you have a problem with this?

edit on 20-11-2012 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Lol, sorry, did you say if it weren't for smallpox ,natives might " possibly" still have their land? That's a joke right? Smallpox took the Indians land?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Your opening statement about Israel being the number one roadblock to peace in the ME is absolutley correct.

If I walked into a predominatley black neighborhood and opened up a "White Power" or KKK community center, should I be surprised when I get my window smashed in?

No one in the ME wanted or currently wants Israel to be there. I don't know about you, but I'm not about to walk into a party where I'm hated.

The people living there now are European refuges, and there has been DNA evidence to support that. They have more in common with Europeans than the people that continued to live in what is now Israel.

Yes, the Jewish population migrated and set up shop in Europe a long time ago. The Palesinians just stayed put.

Here's an example:

I grew up in this house on a hill. I really liked that house as a kid. Unfortunatley my folks made us move across the country when I was 8. Well, now that I'm 30, I want to move back into that house.

I go up to the door with some armed guys and kick out the current occupants and put them in the storage shed out back. People begin to ask me why I would do this?

I tell them that I was born in that house, and it's my heritiage and right to live there again.

Then we add into the mix that the neighborhood has changed -- and I am surrounded by people that hate me.

Every now and then the people I kicked out throw rocks at my windows -- occasionally breaking one here and there. I decide I've have enough and set fire to the storage shed, and expect my allies from miles away to come running with more napalm.

This is essentially a simplified "ME Politics for Dummies 101"
edit on 20-11-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join