It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare, why wasnt it here sooner?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Those hit by Obamacare are the companies which neither pay their workers a wage sufficient to buy their own insurance and neither offer an health care plan. For the companies whom do that already not much changes.

Many of those companies prefer to pay the penalty of 2000 Dollar per worker, because its the cheapest way. To what does it ammount? For a pizza it means a price hike like 14 Cent. And some people still bitch and moan. Why wasnt a system put in place that helps out the bottom of the barrel sooner, seen as how the economy needs a bottom of the barrel. We do need people working for minimum wage serving food, doing other jobs, most of all the people whom make a profit off of them who bitch and moan the loudest by the way.

We do not tell soldiers either its their own fcking fault they did not have the means, brains and resources to get a decent education so that they can stay out of the military when they fall sick or get wounded.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Merinda

I'd wonder first at how screwed up the system has gotten for a $2,000 penalty being cheaper and more attractive than paying into a group policy. Prior to medicine becoming all profit, all the time (Which Obamacare does nothing to fix) it wasn't all that uncommon, in fact...almost expected...that serious employment with a major company would have some benefits with it. Now? They're having to be ordered to give it, for the expenses involved. That's the part that makes me wonder.

We do not tell soldiers either its their own fcking fault they did not have the means, brains and resources to get a decent education so that they can stay out of the military when they fall sick or get wounded.

Hmmm... So Soldiers are somehow less educated or intelligent for serving in the military? I suppose I need not ask if you've served or are close to someone serving now. I can guess the answer.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
While I do think there should have been something in place long ago, The new healthcare is NOT it.
Why is it going to punish small companies that provide 100% of the healthcare costs for their employees.
Why is it going to almost triple the cost of Workers Comp Insurance for those companies?

By the way, the government actually does tell the people in the military that it is their fault, in the way they are treated, by the way they are paid, the way they are treated when injured, ect.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Truly Obama Care /Romney care really only benefits one faction : Medical Insurance providers, If I win the lottery I'm going to be a medical insurance provider, and undercut every damn one of those theives, I'll be like the Geico of healthcare insurance.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Seeing as how Massechussets will be paying billions for Romneycare the few years after its implementation, as well as it being unconstitutional to force health care on someone,,just those 2 things alone should have stopped them both.. ..I dont think people realize how much they will pay here soon for health insurance,,AND if you dont pay, you will be taxed, honestly the first year of tax fine doesnt seem to be that much but look at thetax fine for the years following 2013,,,ITS A BUNCH OF MONEY..

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This is a tough one. I agree with giving everyone insurance, especially if they're actually making an effort to work, no matter what that job may be or how people who think themselves above it may think. This is actually one of those areas where I think I would have to push for more government regulations. The government probably should have stepped in and prevent Insurance companies from jacking prices up so high in the first place. It has gotten WAAAAAY out of control. Insurance providers aren't small businesses, if they're going to try and screw the people then the government that is supposed to protect it's citizens should be able to stop them but then again the government helped jack up the prices of "education" so sumthin tells me they might not have the full interest of the people at heart . . .

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
All HC truly is is an aidshoax™ roundup. You'll see. That's why it wasn't here sooner. The prostitute/sow on WGN morning news finally cracked after an hour long tease. Finally, she gashed 'the surgeon general recommends HIV™ testing for everyone between 16 and 65'. There. that wasn't so hard, was it?

Zionist assimilation takes time.
edit on 20-11-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Merinda

Do you really want these prople administering your healthcare?

www.techdirt.com... tml

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

I'll tell you this about Obamacare at this early stage. My Mom has been into the hospital for a few things as shes getting older and has always paid in cash. She's never had an issue paying in cash, if on payments,. Never a missed one. She's one of these folks who cherish a AAA credit rating. To each their own and it's a value I don't hold as high but the point is, there was absolutely no reason to change that. Well, her last visit ran another several thousand or so for a few days of complication issues which is nothing out of the norm, but it was different this time. They told her she could join the Government pool for the uninsured/uninsurable or they would need those payments at a level which she couldn't possibly maintain. Offers one can't refuse come to mind.

The buy in for the Gov't pool is about $600 a month and she's stuck in it now. Social security pays just UNDER $600 in her case and at least her "retirement" cancels out the extortionist Gov't insurance pool cost for the first phase of "Obamacare". How everything else works out long term? I dunno...

If the first look is an indication, we're in deep deep trouble. The thing is, it HAD good stuff in it for all the crap we have to suffer. The partisan fighting and B.S. stripped all that decent stuff out by the time that cartoon size gavel was banged down to pass the monstrosity. All the negative minus any positive. Government help, as always.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Because forcing people to engage in any form of commerce against their will is wrong. It is un-Constitutional regardless of what scotus ruled. I will not participate.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merinda

As a veteran and someone who is about to graduate college thanks to the G.I. Bill I am extremely offended by this. You obviously don't know any soldiers or you would never spout this drivel.

By the way. I got a 99 on the ASVAB, highest score possible and I could have gone to college when I graduated high school. However I choose to go into the army instead.
edit on 20-11-2012 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Merinda

Question for you.

Have yours or anyones you know health insurance rates gone 'down' since Obamacare?
Have you or anyone you know* received care under Obamacare?

*Excluding illegal aliens.
edit on 20-11-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Merinda

The first wave of Obamacare is here already on busnesses, it has come on the increases on taxes that are to hit everybody, since 2010, we have not seen anything yet,

Still you have it wrong Obamacare is not free and those that could not fall on the mandated taxes will have to wait with the rest on the long lines of Medicaid, depending how you state will take the burden of the new increases do to qualifications as per supreme court decision of no penalizing states that do not increase the medicaid burden.

Sorry if you need Obamacare but is not what it seems or is been pushed as to become.

Obamacare taxes mean Obamacare layoffs

www.washingtontimes.com...

This is a full list of the taxes that will be taking hold before Obamacare can be fully implemented.

Full List of Obamacare Tax Hikes: Listed by Size of Tax Hike

jeffduncan.house.gov...

The health care needs funding and up today we are now facing the financial cliff and taxes has to be pushed first before the year is over

Still is all about money,

My husband is a retired Marine, we are on Tricare Human sponsored by the govenrment still under private insurance as the govenrment subsides everything to private business this days, our Fees already double last month and is talks of more hikes to triple those fees under Obamacare, as you can see Obamacare is not cheap or free

Small businesses that can not afford to pay for insurance will just pass the tab to the working class as usual with the subsidies that will be to help those that work but can not afford the healthcare.

Now be aware that nothing is for free, Out of pocket expenses on healthcare will eat peoples ability to utilize their new mandated healthcare anyway. as that is what happen to Romney care in Massachusutts that eventually banckrupted the state and the Bush administration bailed out and Obama keep bailing out because he opted for that Romney care model for his own Obamacare even when he knew it was banckrupting Massachusetts.

So I wonder how all this is going to play out eventually with less employment low wages and more taxes.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
reply to post by Merinda

Question for you.

Have yours or anyones you know health insurance rates gone 'down' since Obamacare?
Have you or anyone you know* received care under Obamacare?

*Excluding illegal aliens.
edit on 20-11-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

My insurance went down 70% with obamacare. The government does not pay a penny. Obamacare made a deal with a private insurance company.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

My husband is also retired Marine and holding a very nice job within the government, I did felt a littler bit take back by the comment, do not be offended I think our fellow member is just fed up with what is going on in the government but have her mind obfuscated with all the misinformation and sugar coated truth about what the health care reform truly is.

Is many Americans that are very angry to what is going on in the nation even if the reasons are different between everybody.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Adding a layer ofgovernment bureaucracy isnt going to lower health care costs, or provide better healthcare. It will force all those young and healthy people out there to chip in

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by earthalien50

I am very happy for you, obviously we the government retires on government subsided health care are obviously either been targeted or got the short hand of the deal as Tricare has double for us and talks to double what has been double is in the table.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Because forcing people to engage in any form of commerce against their will is wrong. It is un-Constitutional regardless of what scotus ruled. I will not participate.

So what about car insurance? No one has made an issue about that.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

You got a 99?? Where are you graduating from now? MIT?? lol.... I got an 89 on mine and felt pretty good about myself until just now.
They said all I couldn't be until a medical issue decided for me was a Helicopter pilot and a couple highly specialized things at that level. I'm almost afraid to ask what 99 does for an MOS?

For the thread, I'd also think the proposed and ongoing changes to Tricare for the military guys show it's being felt pretty hard by everyone all around, already. i don't know how this all works out now either. The road to get this far has pretty well come at tearing up what used to be and by design. So going back isn't an option.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

So what about car insurance? No one has made an issue about that.
I can choose to not have a car. How do I choose to stop breathing?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join