It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus fed the 5000. This young schoolgirl just did a whole lot better !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hi folks,

I am going to take some of the slack for the unpopular view and post some food for thought.

I believe that there are many charities out there. There are even celebrities who start charities that pay them a fee for working in the charitable cause, and simultaneously pay out by supporting those who are in need.

The fact remains that those who are in need are supported by the charitable work. But should the individual who starts the charity be compensated for their efforts or not? If they are compensated for their efforts, how does that make the work they do any different from an ordinary worker in a corporate-for-profit empire.

Are they not all to be thanked? And indeed, I get many thanks for the work I do from the company I work for... although I am paid in accordance to my efforts (or so I believe). She is providing a valuable service by connecting clients with a means to fulfil their intentions towards children of lesser means. Is she making the children dependent by doing so? Perhaps there is another avenue to argue over.

The little girl's efforts are important in a world that is falling apart and the people who give money are giving to a good cause. The people who give money are in fact in control of their charitableness or lack thereof, and so they couldn't be labelled as slaves. Who is to say that some of the contributors might not be some of TPTB (which is an anomaly we cannot account for).

There are two sides to the argument of charity: 1) It is good for the recipients because it provides goods and services they are in need of and simultaneously provides a method to make those who contribute feel good for themselves 2) It is bad for the recipients because it gives the false impression that they have earned something and the effort may result in people taking advantage of this support without ever having to learn how to work for themselves. Give a man a fish and he will live for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will live for a lifetime.

But, shouldn't these helpless children be given a meal, in order that someone could teach them a better way to live a lifetime? Which comes first - the chicken or the egg?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If what this child did was truly noteworthy,then her merits should speak for themselves.IMO,there is no need for the provocative title.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Personally I appreciate the thread and the Positive Message in it.

A little more positive news in this Uncaring world cannot be anything other than good.

Thanks
SnF

Also, Hope this doesn't upset anyone, but I'd like to say
Happy Thanksgiving to my ATS Friends..

tom
edit on 22-11-2012 by wutz4tom because: typo

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by muzzleflash

You have problem with a kid helping to feed kids ?

No.
I have a problem with slaves agreeing with being slaves, then turning around and demanding better quality meals.

Either declare freedom, or get back in the field I say.

It's not about anybody demanding anything, it's just a girl with a good heart. Not slavery. Not all of the world has the luxury of debating online, some of them just want to live another day. Feel free to try it out sometime it will however require some discomfort on your part. I've been there and chose to live fly free, it damn near killed me. At least I made the effort

I think what muzzle is trying to say is that if society would have opened their eyes a lot longer ago before issues got so wide spread that children need to think of them and find resolutions like this girl has this girl would never have to think of resolutions to issues such as these,she should be enjoying a care free childhood but when society follow and support a system that creates slaves we are left with what we have.

This girl is an inspiration to many no doubt about it

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by muzzleflash

Not pathetic at all, you just slandered all school age children calling them slaves, and that they deserve what they get because their parents want to educate them.

Typing a whole group of people is racism.

You are the one who is pathetic.

No all humans who support this system not just the children, its not racism when the the group of people are multicultural.

How is anything muzzle said pathetic when all one has to do is browse the web site we are on now and find links to info actually showing muzzle has very valid points concerning this thread and the education system.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join