It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus fed the 5000. This young schoolgirl just did a whole lot better !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The girl was correct to bring to the atention the pathetic meals being served up. But MuzzleFlash is correct about the slavery and indoctrination and the 90% the charities claim.

If you dont like it then dont join it.

Home school your children.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I don't understand. I went to the website, and all I saw were pictures of tasty-looking meals with portion sizes that would fill me up even now, along with descriptions. I've seen much less attractive displays in some of my favorite lunches in my school days. Assuming my standards aren't just crazily low...

edit on 20-11-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

As one of my parents was a teacher I have to disagree.....Most of the kids taught have now grown up and I know a fair number of them personally. They seem a well balanced bunch on the whole and none of them have yet complained to me about the indoctrination they received. Mostly they are thankful for having a teacher that showed them how to apply their intellect to the many challenges the world offers. The school in question was noted by Ofsted as among the best of its type in the UK.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
I don't understand. I went to the website, and all I saw were pictures of tasty-looking meals with portion sizes that would fill me up even now, along with descriptions. I've seen much less attractive displays in some of my favorite lunches in my school days. Assuming my standards aren't just crazily low...

I'm glad you mentioned that.

This the pic the girl took.

Pic Source
Does that fit your quote "tasty-looking meals with portion sizes that would fill me up even now"

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by squarehead666
reply to post by muzzleflash

You miserable tightwad.....Get off your goddam soapbox and get your hand in your wallet!

I'll take the very real efforts of this kid over fairy tales about some fictional Palestinian miracle worker every time.....Godbotherers make me sick with their self righteous half witted twaddle.

Wow, im not even religious.
This is a very improper way to debate you know?

I am amazed at the level of cognitive dissonance going on here.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

As one of my parents was a teacher I have to disagree.....Most of the kids taught have now grown up and I know a fair number of them personally. They seem a well balanced bunch on the whole and none of them have yet complained to me about the indoctrination they received.

People who've been indoctrinated dont know, thats the whole point!!!

The school in question was noted by Ofsted as among the best of its type in the UK.

Hardly an unbiased source, do some research!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by squarehead666

Of course they wont complain about being indoctrinated.

Do Scientologists complain about Scientology?
Mormons complain about Latter Day Saints?
Muslims complain about Mohammed?

Of couse not, thats the definition of indoctrination. They arent aware of it.
If they realized that, they wouldnt be indoctrinated any more now would they?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Why all this bickering when this was posted about 6 Months ago?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Why all this bickering when this was posted about 6 Months ago?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

I posted in that thread. The point now is to take attention away from the girls original story about disguting school meals by using her to collect for charrities.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Personally speaking, the tasty part isn't in question as long as the ingredients themselves aren't contaminated or severely mismatched. In terms of portions, I wouldn't walk away hungry. Then again, I'm also sedentary, and I have no way of knowing how big that burger is from looking at a picture.

That said, I have to wonder why pictures of decent meals are mixed with ones that even I have to admit look pretty pathetic (and that includes the one you showed me). For maximum shock value, I'd stick with depictions of things that, to those raised on sit-down restaurant portions and quality, look akin to a single pea in the middle of an empty tray.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

You miserable tightwad.....Get off your goddam soapbox and get your hand in your wallet!

I'll take the very real efforts of this kid over fairy tales about some fictional Palestinian miracle worker every time.....Godbotherers make me sick with their self righteous half witted twaddle.

Wow, im not even religious.
This is a very improper way to debate you know?

I am amazed at the level of cognitive dissonance going on here.

Sorry.....That was perhaps a little harsh.

But why level criticism at a kid doing her best to do some good? Why not save it for the politicians lining their pockets at our expense while doing exactly f**k all to ensure our kids get proper nutrition and a proper education?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

You have problem with a kid helping to feed kids ?

No.
I have a problem with slaves agreeing with being slaves, then turning around and demanding better quality meals.

Either declare freedom, or get back in the field I say.

I know! How dare those kids trust their parents and go to school, like their parents told them too? They should automatically know all the truths, and as you say, fight for their freedom!

And I could almost handle the fact that the cowards refuse to die a glorious death in battle against the NWO, I could almost let that slide, but... They just had to take it one step too far and fundraise for lunch money!!!! ARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! That just grinds my gears! I mean, I like to think I'm a kind, decent, level headed guy... I don't have any crazy, unrealistic expectations of people or anything like that... I just expect all the kids in school to stop going to school and fight the NWO all by their selfs! Yay!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
and yes.. of course she did better than Jesus ..

HW even said we would .. hello ! So.. you can change your title now..

edit on 20-11-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Ok Jesus supposedly performed a miracle, whereby when he tore the fish or bread it multiplied into whole new parts. At least that is the general gist of the legend.

So how possibly does some kid having a website getting a few donations even come close to comparing with outright magic?

Very poor comparison there, sorry.
Im not religious or anything, just presenting a valid point of critique.
edit on 20-11-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

I have to agree, the title is horrible.

I do appreciate the story, though. It's always good to hear an uplifting story (about someone actually making a difference that matters) for a change.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
How is raising money to feed other people a miracle? Well, in a world where everyone are complete misers and totally stingy it might be considered a miracle, but this world isn't that world yet.

Or is it the title is meant to troll christians? I think so.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Why can't people share good things without trying to tear down Jesus or Christians. How this girl doing a great deed should be mentioned along with Jesus feeding people in a miraculous way is beyond me, but it just smells of the constant need to put Jesus down while saying you are trying to post something positive.

Is it really necessary to trash others beliefs to feel better?

I applaud what this girl did, but I doubt she's out saying, "I'm better than Jesus".

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I still fail to see how this is better than what jesus pulled.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Thanks for that Maybe muzzlefleash should get off the pc and onto a plane to ohhhhhhhhhhh lets start with an easy one ............ ummmmmmmmmmm Sowetto. It's still relatively easy there. Respect

Well, I would have to say the title of the thread is rather provocative. It is a rather weak comparison, and not really an appropriate one either. Why the need to compare what she did to what Jesus did? Why not compare what she does to another philantropist, maybe Bill Gates, or Angelina Jolie, both who donate, and get big donations to their chosen charities?

What the kid did, I do applaud however.

As a little side note, its spelled Soweto, and Soweto is a suburb in Johannesburg, not a country. As for being easy there...........hmmm, not so sure about that.

vvv
edit on 21-11-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I agree with muzzleflash. The OP comparison is apples and oranges.

APPLES AND ORANGES.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

I'm so glad this thread didn't make it to the mainstream.
Could have destroyed a little girls dreams.

Calm down mate. I had already said well done to this girl. I was merely also pointing out that what Muzzleflash was saying about charitable donations is correct too.

I wish more people engaged in this sort of action, trying to make a difference for people. At the same time, it is always good to be aware (in this case, that some charities keep a very large chunk of any donations).

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join