It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whatever happened to the Indigo children?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It was never a generational thing. People like that have always existed. The only difference is that in the last few decades being "different" in any way has become much more acceptable (almost to a fault, I might add), and thanks to the internet anything can be blown up into a massive "phenomenon". Even if it isn't one.

If it were a generational thing, the changes would have been visible for the past ten years.
But it isnt.
People like that are as few and far between as they have always been.
Not saying there is no work being done. But clearly it isn't a generational thing.

edit on 24-11-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Originally posted by WiindWalker
reply to post by Merriman Weir

You are comparing abilities to your stereotyping of individuals, I get what you are aiming for. You aren't here to applaud anyone who discloses such information. You are here to bash them because you yourself find superheroes and comic book people "geeks" and "dorky".

I can read you quite well my friend, and with that being said, I believe I will keep my secrets to myself. But on that note, I just wanted to let you know that I do not indulge myself into your classified as "comic book geek" category. So you can leave that at the door.

I've been reading 'superhero' and sci-fi/action comics on-and-off since about 1974 and am still reading them now I'm in my mid 40s; so possibly before you were born. I'm currently waiting on the end of Sweet Tooth and the Boys, still into Fables and Hellblazer &c but still read a lot of tights and capes stuff: Fantastic Four/FF; various Avengers-related titles, Daredevil, the Watchmen prequels and so on. Don't read much in the way of DC stuff though, unless it's a Vertigo title.

Some of my favourite films of the last couple of years have been the Batman reboot, the Thor and Avengers films but I thought the Captain America one was bad. I wasn't keen on the Hulk films nor the Fantastic Four films though - I thought the latter films should have been set as a 60s period piece, like the X-Men First Class, but more kitsch - as I expected a lot more and thought the Hulk's cgi was never really right until the Avengers film (although I'd have preferred a grey Hulk). Silver Surfer and Galactus were wasted in the Fantastic Four film. I thought the Green Lantern film was probably the biggest let-down of all though and at the same time the Daredevil film from a few years ago was under-rated.

I parted ways with Manga and anime in the early 90s though as if I wanted to see pictures of young girls in knickers I'd become a paedophile.

I played table-top RPGs on and off from about 1979 through to the late 1990s and played a large amount of different gaming systems: basic through to expert through to advanced D&D; MERP, Legend of the 5 Rings, a Star Wars RPG, a superhero one I can't remember the name of, Deadlands, the Call of Cthulhu version set in the 20s/30s blah blah blah.

My favourite computer game series are Warhammer 40k stuff. My favourite race to play are the Tau taking the Fist of Mont'Ka path as I can't get enough of armoured space communists with no noses. I even used to paint figures too, but it became inordinately expensive and the older I got the more I've had to prioritise a limited income.

You think I have a problem with superheroes, comics and geeks? I think your skillset needs some work, as does your ability to 'read people'.
edit on 24-11-2012 by Merriman Weir because: (no reason given)

Touche.

With that being said, I still am not at ease to disclose my secrets. There is too much scrutiny to be had in revealing anything to people who are dependent on the system of this world. It's best not to talk about it, and just wait until things come out in the open for all to see.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Touche.

With that being said, I still am not at ease to disclose my secrets. There is too much scrutiny to be had in revealing anything to people who are dependent on the system of this world. It's best not to talk about it, and just wait until things come out in the open for all to see.

Well, why even mention you have secrets at all?

Seriously, are you not aware of just how laughable this line of discussion sounds?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Touche.

Well, why even mention you have secrets at all?

Seriously, are you not aware of just how laughable this line of discussion sounds?

Because you asked basically "whats so special about Indigos" and I gave you the reason for me not wanting to answer?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Because you asked basically "whats so special about Indigos" and I gave you the reason for me not wanting to answer?

My question wasn't 'basically "whats so special about Indigos"' at all. I'm interested in why they're no longer a vocal demographic on the internet. The clue is actually in the title of the thread: whatever happened to the Indigo children?

I'm not sure why you answered, to be honest. I mean aside from being able to say, "yeah I'm Indigo and I have secrets/abilities but I can't tell you what."

Someone who was genuinely secretive and had something they wanted to keep close to their chest wouldn't be responding to internet threads and saying "I've a secret and something that I want to keep close to my chest." They wouldn't even appear in the thread.

Honestly? And I genuinely mean no offence with this, but all this sounds like something a children does for attention.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll just leave this here.

The videos are no longer available, but the responses in the thread are what's important. Watch how quickly the thread deteriorates when people begin to question the claims made in the OP. I came in on page four or five I think, and the back and forth between the OP and I was what I expected it would be.

Posts like that are exactly why they aren't as prominent online anymore. People have standards when it comes to proof of paranormal abilities. More times than not, they can't provide proof. The Psi/Qi/Ki community online largely doesn't exist anymore because of that. It was booming in the early 2000's, people just got tired of seeing spinning pieces of paper and flickering candles. Nothing substantial came from it, just like with the indigos.

You are right, it's done for attention, and it's done to make themselves feel superior. And then they act like children when they are called out on it.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

My question wasn't 'basically "whats so special about Indigos"' at all. I'm interested in why they're no longer a vocal demographic on the internet. The clue is actually in the title of the thread: whatever happened to the Indigo children?

I'm not sure why you answered, to be honest. I mean aside from being able to say, "yeah I'm Indigo and I have secrets/abilities but I can't tell you what."

Someone who was genuinely secretive and had something they wanted to keep close to their chest wouldn't be responding to internet threads and saying "I've a secret and something that I want to keep close to my chest." They wouldn't even appear in the thread.

Honestly? And I genuinely mean no offence with this, but all this sounds like something a children does for attention.

My feelings are my guide my friend. Sorry but I cannot control the way I feel.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join