Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

whatever happened to the Indigo children?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrdeadfolx
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Oh no not at all, comics have been around for AGES, its just that at this time when the ideals of Indigo Children are at critical mass and need to be expanded on by the populace.

But they're not. If these ideals did exist, I'd say that critical mass was somewhere between 1967 and 1971. Not in an age where, if anything, teenagers seem to be more wrapped up in a 'me, me, me' consumer culture and all too often focused on really shallow things.

The populace is simultaneously poisoned with this sudden burst of pop culture covering superhuman abilities, which is clearly a product of hollywood.

Its hard carrying on any kind of conversation that might stem from the possibility of one having any extraordinary abilities if they think the reason why that particular conversation is occuring is because the pop culture has led the Child to believe they also may have superhuman powers. Do you see where I'm coming from?

It's only hard because it undermines the view that Indigo children are real. Nothing about Indigo children is specific to the Indigo 'paradigm', whether it's empathy, intelligence, curiosity, a sense of purpose, lucid dreaming, astral projection or anything else I've ever seen associated with Indigo children (aside from the more 'far out' claims). Even the case that the bringing of these traits together as a group skill set is dubious as all these traits are not only easily explained through other means but are also all tied together anyway through a 'normal' developmental process, as is evident in non-Indigo children.

If non-Indigo kids share the same 'Indigo' traits as Indigo kids, then the notion of 'Indigo' is shaky, to say the least.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Well, no, that's the point

'Indigo children' are no diferent to teenagers for hundreds or thousands of years. They think they are special. They don't understand adults. They are unique..... But then they grow up. And later their children and grandchildren go through the same phase .....

It's pubety. It's always happened and always will. But teenagers are ............ teenagers.
edit on 21-11-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

I think there is an element of 'new' to this, which is why some are claiming it's a recent movement. But I think the truth is that teenagers as we know them really only go back to the 1950s and western relative prosperity allowed the teenager to be 'invented', for want of a better word. That post-war prosperity allowed a teenage consumer culture to be created &c. I think, over the last decade or so, that consumer culture (which is now closely tied to all culture now - films are now promos for toys and merchandise rather than the other way around) has become rampant in a way that would have been unimaginable with mobile phones, internet, electronic media devices, computers, DVDs, games consoles &c.

Anyway, I think the idea of self-proclaimed Indigo kids wouldn't have happened prior to the mid-1950s. It's ironic that a supposed movement which is meant to be spiritual-based seems to have such a strong link to materialism and consumerism. I also think they're a very 'western' concept (which is bizarre for a supposedly cosmic phenomena), and can't imagine many claims coming from rural Africa or 'primitive' South American areas, for example.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Well any belief system that is based upon thinking ones self superior than others is doomed to failure.

The only people who refer to Light Workers as superior are people like you.

Its not like that at all.

I said anyone, that means in general.

People of all shapes sizes colors etc.

All humans must grapple with self centered tendencies.
Denying it flat out is proof of extreme guilt, because denial of common everyday human vices is indicative of severe narcissism.

Humble people admit their faults or at least try.
Acting all perfect and denying reality is arrogant and indeed result of superiority complex.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Back in the day "Indigos" were rare. Their spiritual enlightenment was rare, but not anymore. Do you know why?
Because we are all at about the same level now. We were like lvl 1 noobs and they were those rare lvl 80s that visited our cities once in a while. We have advanced ourselves spiritually very rapidly in the past 4 years. We're all lvl 79, 80, 81, maybe even 90.

The Indigos are so common that you cant tell them apart anymore because theyre right next to you. It could be your sister, your neighbor, your coworker. We are all reaching the highest level.

Remember when TV's first came out? Everyone who had one gloated about having one and invited you to come admire it in their home. Now almost everyone has one and no one really talks about "DID YOU KNOW I HAVE A TV IN MY HOUSE?!" because its such a common thing.

at least thats how i view things

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Maybe they are growing up! spreading the seed, a few can not do much, but if you make an army of good intent, then I am sure they will make a difference.

, I would like to see more good then bad, and if they are good then let them grow and do what they are here to do...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
To put the last bullet in the dead horse:

I am married

Have a successful career.

Have three healthy children

And yes I am an Indigo. So, let me ask, what the hell does being responsible have anything to do with being an Indigo?

As far as growing up is concerned, To Each His Own. I choose to be childlike at heart, and ya know what? I'm healthy as an ox, im almost 30 and still look like im 20.

Meanwhile the grumpy "grown-ups" are 30 looking like they are already in their 50's, go-figure?

The body reflects the soul, have some wisdom!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I didn't even know that Indigo children existed, I thought they were just an urban legend lol

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock
Back in the day "Indigos" were rare. Their spiritual enlightenment was rare, but not anymore. Do you know why?
Because we are all at about the same level now. We were like lvl 1 noobs and they were those rare lvl 80s that visited our cities once in a while. We have advanced ourselves spiritually very rapidly in the past 4 years. We're all lvl 79, 80, 81, maybe even 90.

The Indigos are so common that you cant tell them apart anymore because theyre right next to you. It could be your sister, your neighbor, your coworker. We are all reaching the highest level.

Remember when TV's first came out? Everyone who had one gloated about having one and invited you to come admire it in their home. Now almost everyone has one and no one really talks about "DID YOU KNOW I HAVE A TV IN MY HOUSE?!" because its such a common thing.

at least thats how i view things

Unfortunately, you also seem to view things as if it's an RPG full of magical abilities, powers and buffs which doesn't really help the 'Indigos are real' argument and neither does the 'over 9000' rhetoric!

I hope this is satire.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker
To put the last bullet in the dead horse:

As far as growing up is concerned, To Each His Own. I choose to be childlike at heart, and ya know what? I'm healthy as an ox, im almost 30 and still look like im 20.

Meanwhile the grumpy "grown-ups" are 30 looking like they are already in their 50's, go-figure?

The body reflects the soul, have some wisdom!

again, this isn't specific to Indigo children and common or garden traits found in non-Indigos are claimed as super-amazing-powers. The idea of being 'young at heart' and retaining a child-like curiosity towards the world has been around for aeons, and very commonly advocated as a means to keeping a spring in your step.

If that was a last bullet, I'll let you reload as you're missing the target.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Perhaps the 'Indigo' has turned to 'Black' & is no longer on the positive side of the spectrum

Indigo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Optical scientists Hardy and Perrin list indigo as between 446 and 464 nm
wavelength.
The first recorded use of indigo as a color name in English was in 1289.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo

those 'Indigos' were said to have a Aura that was deep purple/Indigo...isn't that true?

Oh...i found the answer as i was composing this posr

As of now, our Star children have been divided into three categories: Indigo, Crystal, and Rainbow.
Star children have chosen specific parents who will help them develop their natural abilities. So if you are a parent of a child you know is different, your child probably chose you to help them help others in their spiritual path. How lucky you are to be the chosen parent of one of these incredibly gifted souls here to help this earth.

The term Indigo Child was coined 17 years ago by Nancy Ann Tappe, a parapsychologist who developed a system for classifying people’s personalities according to the hue of their auras described in her 1982 book, Understanding Your Life Through Colors.

source: www.starchildren.info...

One way an Indigo may have gone 'Black' is by taking to themselves 'Children of the Corn'...

IOW, "Indigio's" & other 'higher state' beings are following the ancient Fallen Angel (Annanuki) route
& taking human wives
OR husbands in the case of modern Indigo's...

edit on 22-11-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

There are a great deal of people that experience profound mystical happenings everyday; would you discount all of those testimonies because of one analogy somebody made?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

This is a really big misconception. People who consider themselves lightworkers, don't believe they are superior to anybody else. They see it as their mission to better the faults and create positive change in a world they see as decaying. However, since you want to take this approach; why is it nobody ever tells stars, the rich and famous, these things? We put these people up on a platform and practically worship them. It's no secret they all consider themselves to be better than us due to their talents. Why can they get away with a superiority complex and people trying to enact positive change are chastised and vehemently opposed?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Yes, where did they all go???

Just a year ago there were many threads about Indigos and their excitement about the Dec 2012 genetic ascension into the fourth dimension. Many of them claimed they could feel they were already changing and their souls were evolving even then. Great mystical powers were being felt across the globe and remarked upon by dozens. The 12 Crystal Skulls were finally together and the knowledge they held would be a wonder. The animals and birds became silent...etc.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Reply to post by jheherrin

Well, when nothing happens they will latch on to the next fad.

Either that or because their parents fed their delusion rather than offered proper parental guidance, these kids are now whores and junkies.

Indigoness is a mental illness. Somethings gotta give eventually if you are raised that way.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The Indigo Children issue is complete and total nonsense. A 5 minute google investigation will reveal the details.
Some woman invented it in the 70s. New-age flapdoodle and gimcrackery at its finest.

I'd like to add that over the last several years, I've questioned, provoked, and challenged around a dozen ATS members who claimed to be indigos. They've all been thin-skinned, egotistical little attention whores. They always respond with comments like "You must be old", "You're ignorant", "You're too stupid and closed-minded to understand."

Hell, there are comments in this very thread by self-proclaimed "indigos" telling us how wonderful and special they are.
These are the saviors of the human race? What a riot!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I work in a field involving young adults and there is a big difference in some of these people. They are wired differently and have a completely different outlook on life. I've watched this unfold for the last few decades. There is something definitely afoot and those who don't understand are not wired to understand it.

The Indigos have a purpose and they know what it is, they feel it to their core. They have the courage to take a stand, think outside the box and question the world most people have been programmed to accept. These Indigo children and young adults are a threat to the current paradigm in which we live because they represent change.

Is it possible those posters baiting and trolling Indigos would like to maintain the status quo of the planet at the moment and are threatened by change? Perhaps that's the reason the Indigos do their work quietly, without fanfare and recognition.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

There are a great deal of people that experience profound mystical happenings everyday; would you discount all of those testimonies because of one analogy somebody made?

I don't doubt "profound mystical happenings" and nowhere in any discussion I've ever had have on ATS I suggested such a thing. This is one of the problems I have with the 'Indigo' phenomena: it appropriates existing unrelated things as somehow special and new and specific to Indigos whether it's empathy or it's spiritual experiences.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I never stated that everlasting youth was the only gift amongst Indigo's, nor did I state or even imply that it's a common trait amongst Indigo's.

I was simply stating how "I" live as an Indigo.

And yes, there are far more "abilities" as you put it to be discussed, but I generally do not like to share that information with closed-minded people, because most of the time, it goes nowhere.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The Indigos, and those who align themsleves with this line of thought, and level of self value, have all entered

adulthood, blended in to society.

They are raising kids, they are good at it, and are producing some amazing children who are ultru-accepting of

everyone, no matter their differences.

Their tactics are sly, pass on the vibe, and abilities to many off-spring and within a couple generations, you have

a force with real power

teach...your children well....

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker

I never stated that everlasting youth was the only gift amongst Indigo's, nor did I state or even imply that it's a common trait amongst Indigo's.

I was simply stating how "I" live as an Indigo.

Yes, and you're describing a trait that is distinctly un-related to 'Indigo' status. You might as well be saying you've also got travel using two legs and are are able magically able to process food through your mouth. Unfortunately, you've also just aimed you've got a very measurable ability. Do you not think people are not going to notice your "everlasting youth", or have you some kind of Count of St. Germain, Day of the Jackal, Highlander style 'get out'?

And yes, there are far more "abilities" as you put it to be discussed, but I generally do not like to share that information with closed-minded people, because most of the time, it goes nowhere.

And we're back to superhero abilities that others (supporters of the idea of Indigos) say are a nonsense and we've got it all wrong and that it's not like an X-Men film/comic at all. Which is it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join