It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whatever happened to the Indigo children?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Nobody ever said they perceived themselves as better than you. Careful though, I've seen a lot of people pull that card, only later to act smug and condescending. New Age beliefs are not about enlightenment making you better than anyone, except yourself. Enlightenment is when you perceive the faults in yourself and the surrounding world in which you exist, and the knowledge to repair them.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker

As if. You ignorant fool, you have no idea what we indigo's are capable of....

We know exactly what you're capable of, and it's the same as everyone else is capable of.

It's not us non-indigos that are wrong about what indigos are capable of...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

I knew one personally back in 06. She was even on TV and her CEO father was hyping her up, talking about how she would know things before they happened. I don't know about all of them, but she was a fraud as far as I could tell. There was absolutely no evidence that she had any insight into future events, or was more aware than your average child.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

As if. You ignorant fool, you have no idea what we indigo's are capable of.... So just go back to your skeptic world and die an unhappy person.

Perhaps you should tell about what you are capable of and what you are currently doing with those "abilities" then, for those like me who are skeptical and "ignorant" of your wonderful "powers".

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

As if. You ignorant fool, you have no idea what we indigo's are capable of.... So just go back to your skeptic world and die an unhappy person.

Perhaps you should tell about what you are capable of and what you are currently doing with those "abilities" then, for those like me who are skeptical and "ignorant" of your wonderful "powers".

Why would I even waste my time explaining something to a person who cannot understand and "accept" the words that come out of my mouth? Hell, I wasted my time posting this!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Well any belief system that is based upon thinking ones self superior than others is doomed to failure.

The only people who refer to Light Workers as superior are people like you.

Its not like that at all.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Nice to see the passion and the obsessed interest of a crowd like that...
Maybe the labeled ones are just using the MOB to learn some great lessons... Great masters, It's working!! LOL

What ever they (IC, hippies etc) call themselves , they (or anybody else) should not spend too much time trying to please the vigilantes. They have their own pace and that's nice so! At least they are showing some VITAL SIGNS of curiosity. LOL...

Just give them some flags and sing a nice song to peace them down...

“I'm aging every day
But even when I'm grey
I'll still be grey my way”

For the others, some fun stuff
www.youtube.com...

Peace, love, light, some namaste and what ever else you need to calm down
LOL (that's just tooooo funny)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Ahh your special ability is pouting. Now I get it.

Sorry but i formed an opinion. Your the one who is really pouting inside out of jealousy =)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

What is 'Indigo' in your mind? Psychic X-men children who make things levitate?

Perhaps you are thinking purely in sci-fi terms??

I thought I replied to this last night; it seems that my post didn't 'post' for some reason. Interfering indigos, possibly. Anyway...

I'm not framing the discussion here. I'm relating the claims that other people have made. And yes, some of the claims have been laughably sci-fi. There's a 'be wary of our power!' threat on this thread already.

Wikipedia:
Descriptions of indigo children include:
-the belief that they are empathetic, curious, strong-willed, independent, and often perceived by friends and family as being strange;

These descriptions are vague and inclusive to the point of being pointless. They key here is the 'belief' part because all these points are, luckily for indigos, hard to quantify in real terms.

I've seen claims of empathy bordering on near telepathy or some weird 'I, like, can really, really feel your pain totally' proffering. Both are dubious to say the least and are more easily explained by the 'sensitivity' than many teenagers display due to the emotional rawness that many feel due to various emotional, physical changes they are experiencing. Being strong-willed and independent are typical to the point of being normal. The vast majority of teenagers want to prove their independent as it asserts their place in the world, rocks the relationship structure with parents and so on. If a teenager consciously acts strange, then it's hardly surprising that people will interpret them as being strange: especially if they keep telling people on the internet that they're on a cosmic spiritual mission where they've come to save the world.

-possess a clear sense of self-definition and purpose;

Self-definition and purpose is crucial to human psychological development and some people experience this differently than others with it sometimes being arrested at points where otherwise they move on psychologically. It's important for us as the world can be an overwhelming place and it's easy to feel some existential angst if you don't feel you have a role or reason for being here. Many find that purpose in their families (the genetic drive to reproduce) or their work, particularly if that work has an altruistic dimension to it. Many young people find that purpose or role within gangs or subcultures. Sometimes people like that purpose and it can cause breakdowns, mid-life crises and so on. Sometimes it's easier to make a purpose up and live a delusion than confront the fact that you still haven't found your place in the world at the time you subconsciously most need it.

exhibit a strong innate sub-conscious spirituality from early childhood (which, however, does not necessarily imply a direct interest in spiritual or religious areas);

This is really woolly and meaningless. This is open to a whole range of interpretations: a child who is very 'caring and sharing', which many kids are, to 'acts like messenger from benign alien race' and everything in between, especially if it's lacking a religious framework.

-a strong feeling of entitlement, or "deserving to be here."

A lot of teenagers display this and would happily punch you in the face for thinking they were indigo children. In a lot of cases, I dare say it's a by-product of being spoiled in a 'me me me' consumerist culture (propped up by relative prosperity in the west) and a culture where respect seems a one-way scenario. Many teenagers are adept at demanding respect but not so good at giving it to others.

Other alleged traits include:
-a high intelligence quotient, an inherent intuitive ability;
-and resistance to rigid, control-based paradigms of authority.

A lot of teenagers are resistant to being told what to do by parents, teachers, religious figures. It's a natural part of human development with testing the barriers of assertion and the finding their place in life. It's an ongoing 'creating a pecking order' of sorts.

These types of people have appeared in spades over the last several decades!

Many of these traits have been around for a lot longer and aren't related to or are specific to indigo status at all.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Merriman Weir because: .

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker

Originally posted by khimbar

Ahh your special ability is pouting. Now I get it.

Sorry but i formed an opinion. Your the one who is really pouting inside out of jealousy =)

Yes, I too wish I had an overactive, but unoriginal, imagination and had to feel special because my life is otherwise empty.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
What happened to the Indigo Children?

They're doing this on Facebook.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You said:

I replied to you:

Then you say:

Why would I even waste my time explaining something to a person who cannot understand and "accept" the words that come out of my mouth? Hell, I wasted my time posting this!

The only thing to accept from you before that was you calling skeptics "ignorant" and telling us to "go die unhappy".

Then you refuse to say what "you indigos" are "capable of" by basically saying that an explanation would be wasted on anyone who doesn't immediately believe that "you indigos" have unique "abilities/powers" without any proof or explanation.

Is petulance common in "you indigos"? Is that what you meant by what you are "capable of"?

I don't get it.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Your post is quite accurate, fitting into the shoes of an Indigo Child; they would be surrounded by peers that would absolutely love those movies, X-Men, Batman, Spiderman, etc etc.. The idea of superhuman abilities has been cleverly seeded into the minds of those who are not Indigo Children. As much as I'd like to believe the idea that if you heal yourself others will follow, I'm sorry but that is a naive statement. People these days are so skeptical, so rooted in their own ways... the only way to reach out to them is through conversation, the power of talk. Not all Indigo Children are endowed with this ability, seeing as how it was rather awkward or difficult growing up being so different from the rest of their peers.

So the brutal combo of superhuman movies with the thickheaded skepticism that is the normality these days, along with the inability to properly speak and reach out to those they really need to talk to, has unfortunately made the indigo child powerless in almost all aspects but one.

To me, indigo stands for the third eye and as a result, astral projections. Indigo Children may or may not have been teaching themselves how to lucid dream in order to have easier access to this alternative method, a means of reaching out to those around them at a subconscious level through the astral realm. Sadly it is up to the individual sharing the experience with the Child, as to what to think of it. As the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Also judging with the state everything is currently in, even if Indigo Children are currently using this method, it hasn't seem much in the results department. Perhaps something will change in the near future that will become a catalyst to allow a much smoother process for waking the average being from their comatose nightmares.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Then simple answer is: they grow up, get jobs, marry, raise families.

And realise like so many teenagers for millenia before them that they are not any different after all.
edit on 21-11-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Short answer: Maybe.. long answer: No

As far as growing up goes, if you're going by Neverland characteristics, that once you grow up you can never go back. I'm afraid you're deeply mistaken. Indigo Children have that trait throughout their childhood, its not something you can just wake up one day and be rid of. Whatever that trait may be, I'm sure is specific to that individuals specific strength. Now I'm not saying there's Children out there throwing cars with their minds or conjuring fireballs in midair, I'm saying these kids have an astute idea about what's going on around them without being able to voice it. Schizophrenia might be an issue to some, since they're clairvoyant, they're picking up on things around them that aren't even within earshot. If in an environment that's positively constructive, these traits can be honed in and improved. If the Child is growing up in an environment that's negatively reinforcing the idea that these things going on are wrong and need to be stopped. The conflict will still remain, and once the Child is on his own, he/she will have their own re-awakening of that particular aspect of themselves. So growing up or not, an Indigo Child remains an Indigo Child.

In the sense of marriage and raising families, I'm really unsure about that, personally I don't intend to bring a child into this world, especially because of the state its in, in fact I rather resent my parents for bringing me into this world. Sure there's love and the feeling of being alive, but I feel like even if I did something different every day for the rest of my life. The repetition just annoys me to no end. Like I'm trapped in the movie Groundhog Day without Bill Murray. Another negative aspect of being alive is having 5 out of 6 senses because people tell you so. I'm tired of people telling me how I can and cannot live my life. I know what morality is, the difference between right and wrong. I wouldn't justify any action of my own that would hurt or endanger another being, but for some ridiculous reason, having a sixth sense about things is bad and you shouldn't do it.. I could write a short novel on all the things about this life I consider to be insane simply because people were told by the people before them that something was bad. They reinforce the idea that sheeple do indeed run the world.

As for the jobs department, Indigo Children DO have a job sir, they just don't get paid in physical currency for doing it

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mrdeadfolx

Third eye, astral projecting/travelling and lucid dreaming aren't Indigo-specific though. Nor are the descriptions shown in the wiki page someone quote above. Everything is either ambiguous or inclusive to the point of meaningless.

The idea of superhero abilities being seeded is a strange one as it's only really Indigo children and/or their parents that are seeding this idea. Because, to be honest, most people don't think they have any abilities at all. Unless you think that 'superhero' type abilities in comics, films and popular culture have been created especially to tie-in to the Indigo children phenomena and are seeded because of this, or something. That's going to be shock for the estates of Siegel and Shuster and various other creators (Kirby, Lee &c).

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Oh no not at all, comics have been around for AGES, its just that at this time when the ideals of Indigo Children are at critical mass and need to be expanded on by the populace. The populace is simultaneously poisoned with this sudden burst of pop culture covering superhuman abilities, which is clearly a product of hollywood. Its hard carrying on any kind of conversation that might stem from the possibility of one having any extraordinary abilities if they think the reason why that particular conversation is occuring is because the pop culture has led the Child to believe they also may have superhuman powers. Do you see where I'm coming from?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrdeadfolx

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Short answer: Maybe.. long answer: No

As far as growing up goes, if you're going by Neverland characteristics, that once you grow up you can never go back. I'm afraid you're deeply mistaken.

Well, no, that's the point

'Indigo children' are no diferent to teenagers for hundreds or thousands of years. They think they are special. They don't understand adults. They are unique..... But then they grow up. And later their children and grandchildren go through the same phase .....

It's pubety. It's always happened and always will. But teenagers are ............ teenagers.
edit on 21-11-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join