It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whatever happened to the Indigo children?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

You know all those "weirdos" who like to wax philosophic here on ATS?
How about the ones who decry all war as foolishness?

There has been a great influx of people who want a better world...
Still, there are those that would rather trash everything out of their own insecurity.

Such is the school of life.

I'm confused. Just how does 'Indigo' status relate to what you describe above? People since the beginning of civilisation have 'waxed philosophic'. Similarly, there's been anti-war, pacifist movements for a long time. People who share my politics want a better, fairer, more equal world and so on. And yet, none of this is related to 'Indigo' status.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

whatever happened to the Indigo children?

Maybe they matured, learned some humility, and realized that they are human beings like the rest of the 7 billion people of the world.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

none of this is related to 'Indigo' status.

What is 'Indigo' in your mind? Psychic X-men children who make things levitate?

Perhaps you are thinking purely in sci-fi terms??

Wikipedia:

Descriptions of indigo children include:
-the belief that they are empathetic, curious, strong-willed, independent, and often perceived by friends and family as being strange;
-possess a clear sense of self-definition and purpose; exhibit a strong innate sub-conscious spirituality from early childhood (which, however, does not necessarily imply a direct interest in spiritual or religious areas);
-a strong feeling of entitlement, or "deserving to be here."

Other alleged traits include:
-a high intelligence quotient, an inherent intuitive ability;
-and resistance to rigid, control-based paradigms of authority.

These types of people have appeared in spades over the last several decades!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
They're here, being raised in families, some by the governments. Also Indigo's are a specific category. They usually need a lot of love and straightening out. Good moms.
edit on 20-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
I was wondering how much hate I would see in this thread. My guess was a lot. I was right. Oh well, haters gonna hate. ATS seems to be crawling with hate and fear more than ever.

Why do you equate not believing in special children with magic auras with hate or fear?

Genuinely curious how it's the first thing you leap on. There's no proof at all of anything special about these spoiled ADHD, sorry I mean indigo children, and yet you accuse those who doubt such a thing (which as far as I can see is based on the book of one single woman) as hate.

And then bring some bad parable about Jesus into it.

Rather than try and explain anything you immediately jump on hate. Why?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

The indigos are everywhere... however, ignorance abounds. (As evidenced by responses to this thread.)

You know all those "weirdos" who like to wax philosophic here on ATS?
How about the ones who decry all war as foolishness?

There has been a great influx of people who want a better world...
Still, there are those that would rather trash everything out of their own insecurity.

Why do the ones who don't want war have to be 'indigo children'?

I want a better world. I'm not an indigo child.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

I'm not an indigo child.

Heaven forbid! What would the neighbors think?!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Uhhh they all grew up and found out that in the real world they weren't very special at all and in fact sorta disfunctional due to their parents crazy beliefs and their sheltered upbringing? Just a theory.

That or the authors of all the books about the subject didn't make enough money with the book sales to buy more crystals and stuff and are latching on to the 2012 end of the world craze for money and a sense of belonging. Wonder what they will have to come up with next to keep a cash flow coming in. Any takers on what they will scheme/scam next? I say interdimensional aliens communicating with humanity to bring us to "the next spiritual plane" because secret mystical galactic vortexes are now allowing them to communicate with us now. That and the fact that the draconian complex has been defeated in the epsilon eridani system which allows a new race of spiritual teachers to now focus on making earth a paradise with dream catchers and crystals and magnetic healing bracelets for all!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Here we go again with all the misleading “labels”...
I'm sorry for these kids walking straight to the LABEL TRAP.
LABELS are there just to better divide and control the infinite spirit of men. We are much more than that.
Whoever dares to use his mind to see beyond the obvious and try to live a life “deviated” from the norm of the times should, for sure, be aware of the which hunt of the “righteous MOB” that will follow soon.

The blind vigilant MOB, will never rest, till every perceived threat to their comfort understanding zone is finally eradicated.

Let me say that... It doesn't matter how people call others or themselves, what really matter is the search of the real self, TOLERANCE and the openness to the good inside each of us. Free WILL, even if it means change!

As long as we humans, have been around, there was always the blind masses following the flow NEVER NEEDING TO WONDER HOW OR WHY, and a few others trying to see beyond the smoke screen.
The second group usually have a hard life time, for the crime of being ahead of their times.
However they are the ones responsible for every positive turn in our evolution. People tend to forget that even the Sillicon Valley and much of the IT revolution had it's beginnings from people labeled as hippies.

I fail to understand why inquisitions, lynch justice, MOB RULE, defamation, jealously and negativity are still so predominant till this days.
The “vigilantes MOB” spends too much time bashing the ones that believe in the power of love and forget that what is holding them back are the ones that believe too much in the love of power.
Whatever this people label are hippies, indigos etc, fact is they don't fit in any of the “standard ways” people are allowed to be. And that's a big red flag for many.
I fail to see what crime they have committed, except the crime of trying to see things from another perspective.

We still live in the time where people like Thomas Edison get in the history books and people like Nikola Tesla die alone, financially & psychologically broken.
We still live in a time, where the Steve Jobs like people get all the credits, but the Steve Wozniaks sort are almost invisible.
We live in the time of CEOs, fake history, financial fraudsters, puppet politics, rigged information, suppressed technology, controlled progress, worship of the blind consume and vannity, artificial rivalries and waste of talents.

For the ones that label themselves as a member of one of the official religious, I have a question for you...
How far would come a person, in our modern days, that... let's say, is of flesh and blood, that hangs out with “losers”, is generous to prostitutes, doesn't give much of a darn for FIAT MONEY or speculators, engages in peace and mutual understanding regardless of labels, challenges the status quo and respects life and the environment?
Would he be a cheer leader with an Obama or Romney T-shirt? Or be a successful hedge fund manager
by Goldman Sachs? Or a “investigative journalist” by CNN of Fox news? Maybe a public servant? A rip off lawyer? Would he replace the pope?
How excited would be a Budha, Krishna, Alah or Jesus about our outdated beloved toxic plastic toys and mono cultures of the minds?
We all know what sort of people are shaping the world we live in today, and what happens to whomever dares to think otherwise...
All witches will be burnt...
I hope these kids you are talking about are at least delivering pizzas today, not being drugged down in one of our “great institutions of mind control”, and that they don't forget that there is much more behind the MOBS blocking the way for a better future for life in this planet.

When the power of love
overcomes the love of power
humanity will know
peace

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Why do the ones who don't want war have to be 'indigo children'?

I want a better world. I'm not an indigo child.

There is no 'have to be'...
Indigo children/people is just a concept.

Labels mean nothing, intention is what counts.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Whatever happened to the Indigo children?

My first thought was They grew up!

Lol.

I hope they did.

If they didn't then that's real creepy.

Boss: Jane, you're not working up to our standards. I like you, but I need more productivity.
Jane: BUT I AM INDIGO! LISTEN TO YOU!?
boss: o.O
edit on 20-11-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You don't hear about them because only children are perceived to be special. Now that the innocence has worn off, they're old news, like a former spelling bee winner who now works in an office cubicle like everyone else. The same will no doubt be true for the new wave, Crystal Children.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Well... What we have here is the source of a very common misunderstanding, very well highlighted by many answers to this post...
Everyone is subjected to FREEWILL, be it his own or the freewill of others. Nobody has to put up with anybody against it's own will. Everyone is at his own search of the self, on his own path and at his own pace.
Why it is so difficult to understand TOLERANCE 101?
In your example, the Boss should do, as fast as possible, whatever he has to do to be the best possible boss.
And “Janes” argument is as flawed as someone that says: Oh for Jesu's sake, please don't fire me. Or... for the sake of my kids, please keep me...
As I said, labels are no shields.
Once Jane is gone, and is not begging big Boss to come back, life should go on.
If she caused any damage or offended anyone, the Boss is for sure entitled to sue her, or at least have the guts to tell in her face what he thinks.

That's the basic principle of the “LIVE AND LET LIVE”.
Don't confuse “way of life” with “day to day life”.
What you are describing here is no particular trait of any religion, gender, race or any particular “label” you can find out there. You are just describing a very common situation that happens in any working environment. Don't dump it on any particular group. It's a personal issue.

You are just looking through the wrong side of the “telescope”, when we should be analyzing the potential that everybody has inside himself.
People are much more than this.
Walk away or learn to let go, if you feel like. Focus on your own life and try to give just whatever you have positive to give. No compromise is required to achieve it.
When we try to find the beauty everywhere outside ourselves, the world we live in becomes a much better place.
Wrong or right, that's the message this kids are trying to give. They are not begging for any favors.

Peace & a spark

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Perhaps they all drank the Kool-aid to jump ship on Elenin?

Just saying, every time these little cults pop up promising to change the world, they seem to execute an evacuation plan and leave Earth to it's own means.

My vote, the Indigo's drank the kool-aid. Here and there a few try to get some online glory by claiming they are as well.

Well this, or they joined the Occupy movement and discovered Narcotics. All the worlds hero's seem to end up on drugs or alcohol once they realize exactly what the world is like.
edit on 20-11-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

More labels and the traps... poor soul!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Indigos are so last year.

I have much higher frequency and empathy compared to them. I am Perrywinkle. My aura is special because I cannot wait in line and I hate authority more than Indigos.

I should probably be helping the world evolve, but like the indigos, I will simply sit here and tell everyone how different I am, sans tangible anything.
Perhaps this is all an attempt to compensate for an otherwise mundane or lame existence?
Nah.......I'm a Perrywinkle alien !!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Obviously they thought we were underneath them and they now have a commune and don't speak to the little people. They were so annoying. I'm sure they're waiting for a space ship to take them to their rightful place in the universe. Sorry, they kinda jaded me.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks indigo kids are a joke.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Ooooo, well maybe I can give you some tips on how to become Ultra-violet. That's what I am after all. It's like Indigo on crack..... Maybe if you can absorb my awesomeness we could get together and drink some kool-aid. Wait, that's too conformist Ultra-violets are SOOOOOOOOO Non conformist. We're ultra unique, so unique I just changed the name to uber-violet. Yeah, it will probably change again before you digest this. I need some more caffeine, pshhh.

Peace be with you..

I mean Love and light...

No, namaste...

No, PBWYLLN. Yeah, that sounds...I mean feels uber-violet to me.
edit on 20-11-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join