It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whatever happened to the Indigo children?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
A few years ago they were the 'big thing' on many parts of the internet. Whilst they themselves might have taken this as harsh, unfair or even inaccurate criticism, a lot of non-Indigo people were able to identify a demographic that many self-proclaimed Indigo belonged to, and a demographic that had actually been around for a long time.

There seemed to be a lot of them, with many claiming special abilities and insights. Many of them would be young adults now, no longer living at home, with 'adult' lives, responsibilities and opportunities: unrestrained by the sometimes suffocating influences and demands of mum and dad and fitting in and around families.

Where are these super-gifted young adults with incredible abilities now? Why aren't they actually changing the world or influencing it in the way that some claimed they would be able to?

My personal theory is that the self-identification of 'Indigo' for many (although maybe not all) is that it slotted in somewhere along this rough, over-lapping time line.

X-Files
Buffy
the explosion of interest in wicca and purportedly hereditary witchcraft
Heroes
recent-ish comics with super-powered teen elements in (X-Men titles, Young Avengers, Runaways, Manga, Avengers Academy and so on)
[perhaps the bulk of the Indigo phenomena happened around this point]

I think the next cultural occurrence that appeared in this time line was perhaps the Twilight phenomena. A cultural tsunami that seems to have pulled a massive teen following, lapping up awkward teen romance, being different, first motherhood &c.

All the above have similar themes dealing with the standard 'teen as outsider' fare that most teenagers have gone through since the 1950s, albeit taking this sense of 'other', being 'different' and generally not fitting in with the world around them and hanging special abilities on that framework. It's generally accepted now, in psychology, that for a particular stage in people's development, the teenage years experience a period where they are psychologically 'wired-up' different from adults: they actually do experience the world in a way that is at odds with everyone else. And, let's face it, it can be a confusing and frightening place for the rest of us at the best of times. It's hardly surprising that the world and their place in it will be strange to a teenager.

Also, in the above, there's a lot of 'how the world really works': adults/muggles/whatever aren't aware of the reality of the world around them where as the teen protagonists do and are caught up in this otherwise 'unseen' world: whether it's the vampires and werewolves that are actually all around us or the supervillains that operate under government media black-outs &c. There will not have been a teenager who has ever lived who will not think they or their generation are unique or the first in their vision and insight and haven't invented everything from rebelliousness and music through to sex and problems with peer groups, families, adults and so on.

A few other factors to consider are music tastes and internet use. From my own experiences, the Indigo children I met never really had 'run of the mill' tastes in music. Few seemed to have no interest at all, I don't I ever came across any that just listened to chart music/Top 40 stations/whatever was on the radio. Most seemed to be into what has at various times been called 'alternative' or college radio, with a lot being into what might be, rightly or wrongly, described as emo or goth and maybe even some classical because, "like, I totally identify with this obscure 19th Century pianist.

Also, I really don't think the Indigo phenomena would have grown in the way it did if it hadn't have happened post www explosion.

So what happened to the saviours of our world? Is there something massive that's happening beyond our ken on a global scale, with some cosmic battleground scenario where they are saving our lives and souls on a daily basis without thanks or acknowledgement? Are they now programmers working on software that will change the way we live our lives and even think about our lives? Are they now just climbing onto the political ladder hoping to create change for the better through democracy and the ballot box?

Where are you saviours of our world?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Nobody can "save" the world. You can only save yourself. Change yourself and the rest will follow. That's how the indigo kids or light workers work! Behind the scenes, dude...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Well any belief system that is based upon thinking ones self superior than others is doomed to failure.

It is similar to many cults as in they have a tendancy to embellish themselves in self centered egotism. By playing on a subconcious level and telling one what they wish to believe, such forms of indoctrination can prove challenging to unravel.

However with persistance and skill, the tables can indeed be turned.
Perhaps they were already and that could partially explain their absence around these parts.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
probably... grew up... got jobs... married... kids.... no time left over to save the world.... may even be a few yet hiding out in mommy and daddies basements..... or they realized that the world beyond saving at this point....

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I will guarantee you're gonna see posters claiming the indigo children were taken to a new planet to start over or are working in secret with aliens to defend this planet. Truth is, it was just another scam, another way to let people feel special about themselves by claiming some "gift". They've probably dropped out of sight because they finally got away from nut job parents exploiting them. And I'm sure I will be called "unenlightened" for my opinion. Funny how the very people who are supposed to be wrapped in love and light look down on those who don't drink the kool aid.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebHFX

Nobody can "save" the world. You can only save yourself. Change yourself and the rest will follow. That's how the indigo kids or light workers work! Behind the scenes, dude...

So they hide in the shadows behind the scenes obscured in darkness...
So they may spread their light on us?

Talk about contradictions, haha.

Now you know why I am always so suspicious of all this crap.
edit on 20-11-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
They hatched.
Transformed into butterflies and ascended. Now they live in the clouds and use the rainbows as slides, just like the care bears.

edit on 20-11-2012 by ParaSpy2012 because: Spell-ing

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Maybe they got the message? ...

[EXPOSED] Indigo Agenda: ET Invasion Currently in progress! What do we do now? (by OmegaLogos posted on 5-6-2009 @ 02:51 PM) [ATS]

Or maybe they have gone to ground and are just biding their time?

Personal Disclosure: Or, as stated in the OP, they grew up and had to face the real world!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Indigo children were taken to a planet in another galaxy. The top secret world goverment transported them there via hidden underground stargates. They are now helping to defend the earth against things we cannot even imagine.

So they are out there, just waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there. Fighting the good fight, for the benefit of all mankind.

I salute you Indigo Children.

vvv

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Go to any of your local fast food restaurants. You will find them, asking "May I take your order, please?' with a "special" dull gleam in their eyes!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I hadn't really heard of them til now.

One guesses they grew out of it and moved on to another hipster phase.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Here's how you know you're a delusional (Indigo/Star/Crystal/Rainbow) child.

I do not know one child/teen that would not fit into a majority of these categories at one time or another. It's hilarious that these people claim to be highly intelligent yet they cannot spot a new age ruse when it's slapping them bang in the face. Clearly the use of the term 'intelligence' is highly subjective here.

IRM

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
... and this is what I call 'child abuse'.

IRM

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
well, they grew up and act just like their parents and now no one likes them..

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParaSpy2012
They hatched.
Transformed into butterflies and ascended. Now they live in the clouds and use the rainbows as slides, just like the care bears.

edit on 20-11-2012 by ParaSpy2012 because: Spell-ing

That's hilarious!

I haven't thought about them in quite sometime, since they've become quiet. Like most folks coming out of their teens and twenties I suspect their hopes and dreams have been bashed, and they realize they don't possess any special powers afterall. : (

This was "magical thinking" from the outset. A group of people, disappointed with their lives, struggling to find something "special" about themselves. Hopefully they matured and ascended into the clouds where the care bears rule supreme.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I have been diagnosed with severe ADD and sometimes compared to an indigo, although i do not claim to be one myself, it seems to fit the bill, if such a thing exists.

My mental state is way different than others, and so is the way i think, atleast to my observation, and through these experiences i have gathered some thoughts about the "indigos" (should they exist)

I think you are waiting for a physical uprising to take place, i think the indigos work on another level(not higher or lower, worse or better in any way) on the metaperspective.
I think indigos observe the rules, laws and other non physical systems better than others, and think therefore in these terms, find faulty ones and then destroy them indirectly by interacting with the Noosphere(Humanitys subconscious), Indigo Children therefore appear to be more like Noospherical Moderators too me, mother natures response to all our silly systems which are destroying us all.

The crazy bastards at the edge of everything are the ones secretly influencing the way of the future.

"Indigo Children"

Thanks for reading

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
They got a little older, realized they were exactly like everyone else, their parents stopped contributing to their bratty seperatist behavior, and the trend is slowly going away.

Awesome!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

I dont think that such a huge part of a generation of kids being "different" just goes away, more like they get their camoflauge on and hide from the Muggles =)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I was wondering how much hate I would see in this thread. My guess was a lot. I was right. Oh well, haters gonna hate. ATS seems to be crawling with hate and fear more than ever.

What Jesus runs away from

'The son of Mary, Jesus, hurries up a slope
as though a wild animal were chasing him.
Someone following him asks, 'Where are you going?
No one is after you.’ Jesus keeps on,

saying nothing, across two more fields. 'Are you
the one who says words over a dead person,
so that he wakes up?’

I am.

'Did you not make the clay birds fly?'

Yes.

'Who then could possibly cause you to run like this?'

Jesus slows his pace.

I say the Great Name over the deaf and the blind,
they are healed. Over a stony mountainside,
and it tears its mantle down to the navel.

Over non-existence, it comes into existence.

But when I speak lovingly for hours, for days,
with those who take human warmth
and mock it, when I say the Name to them, nothing
happens.

They remain rock, or turn to sand,
where no plants can grow. Other diseases are ways
for mercy to enter, but this non-responding
breeds violence and coldness toward God.

I am fleeing from that.

As little by little air steals water, so praise
Is dried up and evaporates with foolish people
who refuse to change. Like cold stone you sit on,
a cynic steals body heat. He doesn't feel
the sun. Jesus wasn't running from actual people.
He was teaching in a new way.'

-Rumi

edit on 20-11-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The indigos are everywhere... however, ignorance abounds. (As evidenced by responses to this thread.)

You know all those "weirdos" who like to wax philosophic here on ATS?
How about the ones who decry all war as foolishness?

There has been a great influx of people who want a better world...
Still, there are those that would rather trash everything out of their own insecurity.

Such is the school of life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join