It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What am I doing here?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
i ask myself this question every day and i still don't know the answer. i think it's an unanswerable question.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You are not in existence for you. All finites are proxies for omniscience to be greater than infinite mind by also possessing finite mind(s) in an infinite numeration, variation over eternity. Infinite All accomplishes obtaining consciousness of nothingness and void through all of us finites.

In return for your service, upon death you dwell in evermore newness and expansion of consciousness, of course requiring eternity to complete.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
You will see that a lot of people have found a hook to hang their coat on. Some of them insist it is real. I agree they are convinced, but I'm not convinced they really know. It just makes it easier for them to cope. I have noticed a certain symmetry to life. Where I've screwed up I've been given other chances to make it right. I don't know that there is any intent there and what intent there is may be coming just from me. I'm not invoking any kind of diety here. In fact, I am convinced my senses are fooling me.

Some choices:

1. There is no reason. You're conscious. That's it. Enjoy.

2. You're an avatar controlled by a teenager playing WoW in another world. That's why there is all this conflict. It's intentional. They don't call it World of Peacecraft, after all. From a gamer standpoint, it's a pretty cool simulation.

3. There is a reason, but you won't be told "until later" when it will all become clear.

I'm tending toward 2 and 3. If you're a successful avatar you'll get to advance a level and control your own next time. I do know it's getting rather late in the game, and if anyone is going to tell me, they better hurry up because there's not much time left.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

What are you doing here? Well, you are the greatest success story you could ever imagine! Over three billion years ago a microscopic thread of DNA decided to multiply. This string of DNA eventually wound up creating bugs, and those bugs got eaten! Other lifeforms sprouted; some lived, some died in some horrific way. All along the evolutionary path your ancestors successfully mated. Generation after generation they survived long enough to where the result is YOU!

There were SOOO many ways for them to fail: Dying at birth, dying at a young age, eaten by predators, falling off a cliff, disease, your ancestors never meeting, sexually deformed or injured, killed by other tribes... The point is, there were a thousand more ways for your line to fail than there were to succeed. Someone probably had a better chance at winning a multi-million dollar lottery 12 times than the odds of you existing at all.

YOU are a miracle! Oh, and by the way, so am I !

edit on 11/21/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
You are in school, learning about humanities past. By living in the past you learn what happened to mankind and learn not to desire to make the mistakes our ancestors made. I don't know what happens if you fail, maybe they don't let us live, culling any unborn young from ever living if they are not ecological minded enough or will disrupt the real world. This is just an induced dream to teach us right from wrong. A computer program of the highest degree. The only thing that doesn't fit in is that it sure hurts a lot when you slam your car door on your fingers
Wow, so realistic, it is far superior to what we have in this computer program simulation.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Some really amazing thought processes and brilliant minds at work here, this is why I love ats.

I don't have your answer, all I have is an opinion of a couple of points.

I believe when you send out your questions, how ever you do this, answers always come back, but can you see them? Are you watching for them? The ways they are presented are many.

I think we are here, just like everything else is, to become more refined in matter and spirit, growing personalities like flowers, many multitudes in colour.

It has all the elements of a grand adventure love story, in my humble opinion.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

"What am I doing here?" Have you ever asked yourself this question?

I used to ask my crew this in high school while the drinking & smoking commenced.... the questions were too deep for most so they would always say, "There he goes again asking questions for which there are no answers....." It bugged me like a thorn in the soul....

.....Eventually early 20's I found these same questions being asked in Philosophies & religions so I penetrated the depths of those and found profound direct experiences that shocked me and answered my questions.

I have since remembered pre-existing prior to the body, remembering discussing coming here and not wanting to.

I have experienced myself as pure Consciousness outside of the body & ego/mind.

I've experienced the Source of Consciousness as well.

So for me, we're all just passing through. I think that the Source, Infinite Consciousness expanded Infinitely including into material realms/creation. However some groups say that the material plane was a mistake created by a lower Being.....

Regardless, if you look around and do an inventory on everything that's going on, at least in my Opinion, Spiritual Enlightenment is the way to go and is possible and brings Absolute freedom to the individual. I've done it all, had the hottest women, tried substances, have had a lot of money, cars, houses, traveled, success, done it all for the most part .....but the realms of Enlightenment just put it all to shame....

......I now live in Timelessness, Transcendence, No Fear, No fear of Death directly seeing and knowing that I am not the body which is a vehicle for Consciousness. There is ecstatic bliss at times. I would have given up everything in Live to have tasted Enlightenment ....it trumps all, yet includes all.

Other than that ...some people are born with abilities, musical, artistic, logical, ......there is access to this in the heart. When you ask a 5 year old what they want to be when they grow, they aim high, president, astronaught, race car driver, etc ....then by High School, the ambitions and hopes are lowered to hvac, truck driver, clerk, etc...

It's rediscovering that Childlike part of you and seeing what that Part still wants to do here.... the possibilities are endless...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I recommend studying the Tao.

It will give you great insight on these questions that have been asked through out time.

This is not something we are ever going to know. We just are.

The very act of seeking is the wrong path.

Just learn to BE. Enjoy every moment in the now. Meditate and anything you need to know is there.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You're asking the right question, and the answer resides in discovering for yourself the answer. Then, once you've formulated a chief definite aim and purpose from the frame of that clean slate, and then apply yourself with continuous persistent creative action with intent, to create some novel form or another, and do that, then there is the satisfaction of the life-flow type experience of being immersed in a worthwhile pursuit of one's own making. In my experience, every other seeking leads to ruin, but then again, from that ash heap arises the pheonix of all new possibility whereby it may be said that "for man all hapiness must arive exclusively only in relation to some unhappiness, already experienced." (Gurdjieff) or where "the more that sorrow and suffering has carved into our being, the more joy we can contain" (Gibran).

The beginning of conscious suffering and of willing suffering, is the beginning of meaningful suffering, which is the beginning of the end of "suffering" being both of neccessity and therefore meaningful (of value). It is unneccessary suffering that is the problem, where suffering for no reason whatsoever is the very worst kind of suffering there is. And how absurd is that, it makes no sense at all in the light of reason and therefore we might find ourselves laughing at all our own prior stupidity and ignorance for suffering for all the wrong reasons and in the wrong way!

Other streams of thought are that we are controlled by powerful subconscious processes (Freud) and the will to sex, basically, or the will to power (Adler), whereas the true motivating stimulii or catalyst to all creative and meaningful expression resides in the will to meaning (Victor Frankl, "Man's Search for Meaning").

Our lives are already framed by meaning, but that the question is posed to us from the domain of limitless possibility, to determine what meaning we'll assign, and how we shall go about generating that meaning for ourselves, well my oh my what an opportunity is that?!

We must not run away from this invitation that life poses to us, and run away into what by comparison, something less than a life lived to the full even to overflowing..?

There's the turning point or the fulcrum right there for those who can distinguish this choice and begin to summon the courage to choose life and to build a life not according to anyone else's expectation, but a life that is meaningful for them.

Therefore, we MUST come to know what it is that we really want, and have the audacity to ask "God" (first/last cause in eternity) to support that direction we've courageously chosen for ourselves and our life and by extension those we love and the lives of all we touch.

We can't chicken out on life just because the prospects may not always look so good from where we sit. We must dare to dream a new dream and dance a new dance and create a new creation. Nothing else is even reasonable, and therefore must be discarded as absurd by comparison.

edit on 22-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

<< 1   >>

join