It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big News From Mars? Rover Scientists Mum For Now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
My prediction is this. Mars is rich in Oil, diamonds, Uranium and Gold. We can build more nuclear reactors, keep using oil based fuel, and we can just give everyone more jewelry to forget about the atmosphere.

Of course Oil is an organic product, but with Diamonds and Gold they can pay off the world to hush hush

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Narrowing it down a bit.... SAM is designed to tests for organic compounds, containing oxygen, nitrogen, sulphur or hydrogen.

So they have found organic compounds similar or identical to the one/s on earth.... or its a great marketing scam to get more funding.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
My prediction is this. Mars is rich in Oil, diamonds, Uranium and Gold. We can build more nuclear reactors, keep using oil based fuel, and we can just give everyone more jewelry to forget about the atmosphere.

Of course Oil is an organic product, but with Diamonds and Gold they can pay off the world to hush hush

Come on mate everyone knows its the "Tribidium Ore" that Mars has in abundance there are after! LoL
edit on 20-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Radiation levels are safe enough for humans and the rover does a donut.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I really hope they've found evidence of life, past good, present even better

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Dear Nasa:

Give me a ring when something history-changing is discovered.

Until then I'm going to go watch me some Stargate SG:1

-MM

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If it's something really big, like life or something like that, the government will probably try to can it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Perhaps they found the rest of the Mayan Calendar Dec.22.2012

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I don't think so this time.........I think disclosure has begun. They can't admit to all that they have covered up and done for years but they can start by saying " this proves there was a past civilization on mars , bla bla bla, Therefore , thus life exists beyond earth. This will open the door for something like the Baltic Sea being traced back to an civilization here that was aware of other life forms , and they will talk about all the current UFO sightings and say they have formed a new organization to deal with all this new found enlighten minds about our universe, tax us to death and within the next five years our 1st graders will be told about those old people of long ago who foolish thought we were alone in the universe.
edit on 20-11-2012 by Alexjustme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexjustme

Well said and I hope it is about life and possibly disclosure. We all pretty much know it, they just need to say it!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

so this is the announcement 0 that there will be an announcement - i hate that crap

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
nasa's 'important' announcements are always a total let down.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I look forward to the discovery of extra-terrestrial life. I am confident that it exists within our solar system under the ice of places like Europa, Ganymede, Titan, Enceladus and (I'll go out on a limb here because of the amount of tidal stresses it experiences) Pluto's moon Charon.

That said, I hope they do not find life on Mars. I want it nice and dead so that our descendents can terraform it without upsetting an existing biosphere (no matter how tenuous).

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga

Scientists working on NASA's six-wheeled rover on Mars have a problem. But it's a good problem. They have some exciting new results from one of the rover's instruments. On the one hand, they'd like to tell everybody what they found, but on the other, they have to wait because they want to make sure their results are not just some fluke or error in their instrument.

www.npr.org...

Life?

I can't wait, I truly can't. I think it has to do with life and that is why they are holding back. I knew they may do this, they will talk about life pre-cursors and cursors first being on mars and then months or years later find bacteria or some cell life and then keep moving slowly testing society for what they will take.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

[ sarcasm ] yeah - " the eagle has landed " was so uninspiring [ /sarcasm ]

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

"This data is gonna be one for the history books. It's looking really good," he says.

"Fascinating!" I say.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I think it would go like this:
We think we have found microbes or something very tiny. It is very long dead. We'll let you digest the implications of this for a few years.

A few years later:
Well we also found a fossil. It is a teeny tiny little thing. It the fossil of some tiny little plant. We know you can hardly deal with the implications of this so we will not talk about what else we found for a few years...

I mean, they think we can't handle it so we will first hear they found something very tiny. Very tiny. It was once alive. Once alive millions of years ago or something. You can hardly deal with that.

Now years later you will move on to some plants, then maybe a tiny bug, then reptiles then finally mammals. All of which are very dead and very long ago.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

Yep, Yep could very well be... And Here I sit awaiting disclosure.......Begining to belive its not going tohappen..Certainly nothing to wait around for.....smiles

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Could this be as big as when they finally discovered that the Moon had an Atmosphere?? Which was announced on this site (by someone we cant name) along time ago??

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Elvis?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join