It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War Map ....Ouch!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Do you think there will ever be world peace?

Let me present you with a map I've altered to show something that we all know but maybe can't visualize -

I will explain the map in a moment, but before that I would like to say when I initially thought about this thread I was going to make a map that depicted every war since year 0, that changed when I realized what the map would end up looking like. I then decided to depict on my map every invasion of another country since year 0, taking out the civil wars and alike, that changed when I realized what the map would end up looking like. I then decided to depict on my map every invasion of another country since the year 1000AD, that changed when I realized what the map would end up looking like.

I've ended up with a map that shows every invasion of another country since 1912AD (100 years of our history), which isn't exactly a large portion of our history, yet look at it. If I added another 100 years of war, the map would almost be unreadable and a waste of time producing (which by the way took ages, especially with a map without borders).

The white blobs represent countries that have been invaded, if you follow the line you come to the country that invaded it.

Will the world ever see world peace.... No (in my opinion).

This fight for perceived survival or good of the 'tribe' is the reason behind most if not all wars, and it's been with us from the beginning. It's so ingrained within our DNA that conflict and wars will never stop. If you strip away all the stuff in our lives, are we not just another species of animal? It seems the closer an animal is to our species in the evolutionary line the more you can see war like traits, packs v packs etc.

Of course I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so, I hope in the future someone can produce a map looking back 100 years that looks like this -

I just think, fighting is part of the human DNA, so do you think wars and conflict will ever stop or should we just realise that this is who we are?

If you have any comments on the map feel free to post or ask questions by the way, I think it throws up some interesting points.

Thanks...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

Not in our lifetimes. I have to say though, what does that map look like if you remove all the countries from World War 1 and 2? I bet it still doesn't look good but i would think it looks an awful lot better.........

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
First...bravo for the effort.

Second...what can one conclude from the this visual representation?

Tech. advanced civilizations are more aggressive, more self serving ?

Agreed on the point...it's in the DNA...so to speak. We have moved only a few inches since the stone age...in respect to our spiritual nature. We are still, crazy, psychopathic species. Intent on self preservation and destruction of others at any cost.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Looking at the map again, I'm wondering...how come none of the countries of South American continent haven't been invading anyone?

So it CAN be done apparently. You can have a nation and not war with anybody. Makes me all warm and fuzzy.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

A map of post WW2, circa 1946 - 2012 (66 years), I was interested in what it would look like too so made this map on the side -

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

They did - Argentina invaded the Falklands.

Doesn't appear to be on the map though........

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Yep, it seems only Argentina ventured from it's borders, twice. Haiti in 1994 and Falklands in 1982.

I think there have been a few civil wars in that part of the world but not many invasions thats for sure.

This is shown down the bottom of the map in South America, the very lowest blob on the map.

Thanks.
edit on 20-11-2012 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

hahhahahah

good one. I see you are from the UK. I'll let that slide than.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
until humanity stop following the fools and idiots they call leaders... does away with the primitive superstition ... greed... and all the other idiotic reasons they butcher each other over.... there will never be peace....
edit on 20/11/12 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu .....

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Okay I'm gonna try to explain something here.....

I heard this on the radio the other day, which is perfectly in line with your post....

Well what they said on the radio show is that TPTB have been doing all these wars for several reasons. The most immediate reason is it's HUGE business. Like they can make fortunes doing it. The next is that they want to continue with wars to force the human race as a whole to eventually get so horribly sick of wars that they will be begging TPTB to issue in Global governance and the NWO. Which they will tote as the only way to end wars once and for all.

So I don't know, I mean on the one hand you'd like to think that's a good thing but.... we all know that this will lead to....

1) everyone being chipped.

2) mass populations (this might happen as the last great war or something) then getting killed off and leaving the remainder to be housed in prison like mega cities.

3) and going down the line further and further eventually til we literally might get to something like "The Matrix" where all the remaining humans will be housed in pods, which the ruling elite run the show, with andriods and maybe some clones and stuff.

Anyway it's already happening on some level....

1) you get a cell phone, well you're chipped already. They can track you using your phone.

2) people are addicted to the internet and online gaming, tv, movies, etc. Gives a slight glimpse as to how that could evolve to the point where if you actually need to go outside you use your surrogate clone or droid to do the walking as they're much faster, and which would be much safer.

Anyway, I don't know, it's all nuts. What can you do. Or maybe they'll be a zombie apocalypse and we can all just start over ha ha.

3)

edit on 20-11-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Brilliant, thanks for that extra map.

It doesn't look half as bad as i thought it would.......or is it just me?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Just noticed one war the map is missing...... the Football War.

The Football War

Sorry it is Wiki but it serves the purpose fine for this link. Whoever said football wasn't important?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I agree 100 %. The world will NEVER see peace. Taking up causes for it have, IMO, made us start MORE wars of prevention than if things were left to progress naturally on their own.

I say worry about your life and leave the geopolitical nonsense to the idiots that ask for your participation.

Even the military is a good profession, IMO, if you are doing it because you have a natural calling to the profession of arms. It is all valid. Israel taking Palestine, the Persian empire taking the world, the Greeks, the Romans forging their empire out of conquest. It is all natural.

We have become obsessed with "saving" this or that retarded cause out of arrogance and a bloated air of importance. Really the world could´nt give two craps about how humanity pans out. It is entirely our problem. Thing is there is no amount of talking, agreements, pacts, treaties or whatever that will outlast the natural tendencies of human nature.

The human condition and its predisposition to death and all that mortality entails will keep us obsessed with death and its creation. EVRYTHING else is an illusion to get you to participate in other people´s agendas. There has not been a single ruthless person that tried to convince his followers and helpers of his intentions honestly. It has always been under the guise of "noble" acts with a necessary price. That price is always at your expense.

People say that this or that thing is ruining our world when I see it already "ruined" if what you seek is a perfection we never had. EVER. We have always had war and armed conflict, corruption, greed, and over bearing authority. Ever since we built our first city. Civilization has a price and it is every single thing we see wrong with the world.

We are built to destroy what we build. Creator / destroyers. That is our purpose. To keep the cycle going.

So just accept it all and build upon yourself instead of destroying your mind with retarded "missions" to save the freaking planet. Save Our Species. That would be more productive. It starts and ends with you. If you feel you are being a better person for thinking this or that, then do so. If you are trying to correct others, you are a retard.

Fix you, leave the rest alone.

Once you do that, life is worth living and productive , you have real happiness and "hope" becomes a fools quest.

Rock on my indifferent brothers. Let the idiots piss their pants in their fear of evil and die exhausted in their quest to fight the very evil which they create.

edit on 20-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

from the movie armageddon. one of the most stirring speaches Ive ever heard. especially the part about wars.

President: I address you tonight not as the President of the United States, not as the leader of a country, but as a citizen of humanity. We are faced with the very gravest of challenges. The Bible calls this day "Armageddon" - the end of all things. And yet, for the first time in the history of the planet, a species has the technology to prevent its own extinction. All of you praying with us need to know that everything that can be done to prevent this disaster is being called into service. The human thirst for excellence, knowledge; every step up the ladder of science; every adventurous reach into space; all of our combined modern technologies and imaginations; even the wars that we've fought have provided us the tools to wage this terrible battle. Through all of the chaos that is our history; through all of the wrongs and the discord; through all of the pain and suffering; through all of our times, there is one thing that has nourished our souls, and elevated our species above its origins, and that is our courage. The dreams of an entire planet are focused tonight on those fourteen brave souls traveling into the heavens. And may we all, citizens the world over, see these events through. God speed, and good luck to you.

REWRITE

The human thirst for blood, dominance, excellence, and carnage; every step up the ladder of science; every adventurous reach into space; all of our combined modern technologies and imaginations of destruction; especially the wars that we've fought have provided us the tools to wage yet another terrible battle. Through all of the chaos that is our history; through all of the wrongs and the discord; through all of the pain and suffering; through all of our times, there is one thing that has nourished our souls, and elevated our species above its origins, and that is our courage to face and to bring death to anything that stands in our way.

Peace be with you

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
In order for there ever to be true "peace on earth", war would have to be made either unprofitable or undesirable for TPTB.
This could be done by those who purchase their weapons to refuse to continuing to do so. Very unlikely!
This could be done by those who use these weapons refusing to do so . Very unlikely!
This could be done by forcing those who profit from these weapons to use them against each other personally. Very unlikely!
This could be done by making future wars so personally costly to TPTB that they will reject such undertakings again.

This last alternative may seem vague, but it may well be the only possible solution to the problem.
If a man, or group of people, realize the things which they will lose are more valuable than any gains he might recieve from his actions, the less likely he is to engage in actions which put them at risk. In some circles there is a term known as "cutting the root". It is an extream manner of punishing undesirable behavior.

One action which could go a long way to help bring peace in our time would be to lock up the bankers who are the ones who profit from any and all wars.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
These are some very thought provoking posts, thank you for your input.

I agree with most of what is being said, the only thing I would add is that if business was taken out of war, I'm sure the human race would still carry on fighting. I strongly believe it is part of us and who we are and where we have come from.... sadly.

As a side note, when producing this map I hadn't realised how much certain places/countries invade and get invaded. for instance Vietnam seems to get invaded all the time (not just by America) and how Poland like to get involved with the odd border crossing of other countries... I learned a lot doing this.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Very thought-provoking...I'd like to see your original map but with a small change. It looks to me like a small handful of nations have most of the yellow lines emanating from them. Is it possible to remove the top three or four countries from the map?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

Unfortunately I don't think I can as I did it on MS Paint (I know), although I will look at various versions of the map I have and get back to you.

In the mean time you can see the full list I used here -
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
Second...what can one conclude from the this visual representation?
That EU is more f***ed up then ME?
Most of the wars either point to and from EU region IMO.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiverRunsFree
reply to post by avocadoshag

Unfortunately I don't think I can as I did it on MS Paint (I know), although I will look at various versions of the map I have and get back to you.

In the mean time you can see the full list I used here -
en.wikipedia.org...

No problem, sounds like a lot of work went into this project, I've flagged and starred you for the effort.

Anybody here every play Risk? The way the game plays out, it pretty much follows the same pattern. Try to start out from the Mid East, or Northern Africa, or Europe, and you won't win the game.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join