It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercedes Ener-G-Force concept imagines the SUV of 2025

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Every year, the Los Angeles Auto Show hosts a challenge among automotive designers to concoct far-flung ideas about the future of transportation. This year's theme asked what the law enforcement rides of 2025 might look like, and the sketchers at Mercedes-Benz were so enamored with their design they built a life-size version, creating a Gelandewagon for the end of the world.

Source: Yahoo Auto:

Mercedes calls this concept car "pure science fiction," but it does include some features already present in military-grade SUVs. Some of the car's terrain sensing gear is also plausible given current technology. For power, it envisions hydrogen fuel cell tech that is a bit of a stretch but by no means impossible.

So what do you think? Ugly as all get-out or a must-have? Is this a good guess at what a high end SHTF-mobile might look like in the next decade? I'm guessing that by then the lines will be a little less "bubblicious" but who knows? Let's hope some of us are around in 2025 to give it a spin.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I like it except for the roof rack or whatever that is. It kind of reminds me of the Toyota FJ Cruiser.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

Could be a solar panel?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

I'd rather have the AMG V12 Twin-turbo.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I was hoping we'd have flying cars by then but nope, still gas-guzzling V8 4 by 4 luxury vehicles only a few will be able to buy because let's face it, by 2025... who will have money to buy such a vehicle anyway?!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I was expecting something a bit more, well, futuristic looking, to me it looks a bit like a normal SUV after Homer Simpson has been let loose to add bits to it

I'm surprised they didn't go for an Ironing Board sized Spoiler and flames down the sides

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I know, I find the lines disappointing that way too.

On the other hand, 2025 is "only" 12 years from now.

top topics

join