It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Broadcast on Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Love him or hate him, George Galloway gives 20mins of the 'truth' regarding Israel and Palestine.

Personally, I used to hate Galloway, until I opened my eyes and realised the man tells nothing but the truth and exposes the Western Governments for what they are.

He gives a 20min Podcast about the current situation, then there is a 12min news report from Gaza exposing even more truth directly from the Palestinian people.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Just finished watching this myself. I think he makes some really important points. Most importantly, is that there will never be peace in the world until this situation is sorted out. Despite your opinions on George he talks with knowledge on this subject and has a sound argument.
edit on 20-11-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
arrrgh... tech probs at moment youtube not work for me ... till can fix and view s&f .....

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Please be careful when mentioning Emergency broadcast from Gaza, while referring to a podcast. Some people might think it is far more serious than this.

Many people are getting killed you know, rockets are being fired. Some guy speaking his opinions is NOT an emergency broadcast.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
'George Galloway releases podcast that tells his Bradford voting base what they want to hear' would be a slightly more accurate thread title.

It's not an emergency broadcast. At all.

Interesting though, listening to it now.

EDIT after listening to some of it

I now detest George Galloway slightly less than I did before so thank you for posting.

EDIT number 2

But then he had to go and ruin it by mentioning Che Guevara so I hate him nearly as much again.

edit on 20-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing this video.

What he stated about Gazans lacking real military capability is true. The Gazan rockets are primitive throwbacks to the 1950s for the most part. They have no real military capability.

Pretty sad that diplomacy always takes a back seat, as everyone is so quick to resort to violence.

Also it is important to note this conflict has been facilitated and fostered by the power elites for some reason or another. Their media outlets spread lies to mold public opinion to favor violence and murder as a viable solution for our political problems.

Its pretty messed up thats for sure.
edit on 20-11-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

Emergency is subjective to each individual.

This may not be an emergecy to us, but to those being blown up right now i bet they consider the topic matter a slight emergecy at the least.

The eye of the beholder and all that.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This is a lose/lose situation and nothing good will come of it. Here is a Palestinian view of Hamas. It appears that insanity reigns in the Middle East.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I would say if there are Palestinians on ATS watching this thread now, I would be quite sure they would be thinking in the terms of "Ground invasion", not a podcast.

It's true that emergency is relative, but as someone in the war zone I find it obtuseness nonetheless to think a podcast could become an emergency broadcast for anyone.

No hard feelings though, but the title is misleading and this guy is not in a position to broadcast emergency news.

Peace.
edit on 20-11-2012 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shuye

Please be careful when mentioning Emergency broadcast from Gaza, while referring to a podcast. Some people might think it is far more serious than this.

Many people are getting killed you know, rockets are being fired. Some guy speaking his opinions is NOT an emergency broadcast.

Peace.

Actually, anyone who can reach out to a large audience with a message of truth about the situation in Gaza certainly is an emergency in my opinion. After all, the MSM are not going to tell it like it is are they. The emergency is 'GETTING THE TRUTH HEARD'
edit on 20-11-2012 by grantbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

Originally posted by Shuye

Peace.

Actually, anyone who can reach out to a large audience with a message of truth about the situation in Gaza certainly is an emergency in my opinion. After all, the MSM are not going to tell it like it is are they. The emergency is 'GETTING THE TRUTH HEARD'
edit on 20-11-2012 by grantbeed because: (no reason given)

But it's still 'the truth' as seen by George Galloway. He has just as much an agenda as the MSM.

The thread title makes it sound like an official announcment, from someone in charge. Which it isn't. It's one mans opinion of the truth.

I think that's the thing? I could of course be wrong.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

So does it mean that it is OK to manipulate people to listen to an 'emergency broadcast' (because what HE says is an emergency, not because something terrible just happened), only to hear the truth?

Do you occasionally trust podcasts for telling the truth?

Do you know what's really going on here? I don't know many people who actually do.

And what is the truth anyway? That one side is good and the other side is evil?

Look at the bigger picture, there is a war going on. An emergency broadcast is not for podcasts.

edit on 20-11-2012 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
He makes some good points, particularly about how the western media view muslim life as cheaper than Israeli, American or British ect. A perfect example of this happened recently with the terrible loss of life in the Egypt train crash involving a coach full of children. Can you imagine the media response if 47 children had been killed like that in the west? and yet it is hardly mentioned on our news channels. This attitude lies at the heart of a lot of the problems in the world...

edit on 20-11-2012 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

I wouldnt characterize either side as good or evil.

Instead I prefer to think of them as misled by propaganda. Misinformed.

But you are right calling a podcast like this an emergecy is a bit sensationalist, an exaggeration of the sorts probably devised to increase the viewer count.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well if you were desperatly wanting to get your message across that speaks the truth, wouldnt you want to glorify your title to attract more viewers to your broadcast? (who doesnt)

At the end of the day, people need to get over the title and listen to the message, that's where the importance is. The title could read '25 Pink Giraffes' for all I care, but I will still have the open mindedness to watch the broadcast and form an opinion of the importance of what the man says.

top topics

join