It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Form Triangle Over Nuclear Power Plant Near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

According to testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database. "I was driving from Johnstown PA to Pittsburgh PA at about 4:50 pm on Nov. 16th, 2012. I was traveling West on interstate 422 when I witnessed a glowing ball to my left moving in the same direction as me.

I have military experience and have seen flares, various planes, drones copters, etc. and these objects were not like anything I had ever seen.

They initially moved independently, then joined up and hovered in formation. They did not leave those trails in the sky like a passenger jet or the military jets that came after the fact. When they faded, there was no trails or anything left.

Source : UFO-Blogger.com

Source : MUFON

According to MUFON records, around 7 other UFO sightings were also been reported from 5 States in 11 Hours between Nov.16-17

"It was a busy night for UFO sightings on November 16 through November 17, 2012 as eight witnesses from five different states reported seeing flying crafts over an 11-hour period."

The objects were first seen in Pennsylvania on November 16 just before 5:00 p.m. and were last sighted at 4:00 a.m. on November 17 in Indiana according to the Examiner.

1. After Pennsylvania sighting, under an hour later and 250 miles to the east near Southampton, Pennsylvania, a woman saw three objects about 5:30 p.m. on November 16. She was driving home from work and noticed three sets of five bright lights in a close formation flying low to the ground.

2. In Old Saybrook, Connecticut, about 190 miles northeast along Long Island Sound at 5:55 p.m. on November 16 a witness driving in a car noticed a streaking light moving so fast that the object created a trail of light.

3. At 7:03 p.m. on November 16 in Mount Clemens, Michigan, about 650 miles to the east of Old Saybrook, a witness saw a bright orange, tulip-shaped object, coming from the northwest. The object was described as being orange and in the shape of an airplane but much larger.

4. Then at 7:25 p.m. on November 16 in Indianapolis, Indiana, about 300 miles southwest of Mount Clemens, a witness reported three strange objects flying in the sky.

“I noticed a star-like object blinking as it soared through the sky,” the witness stated. “I know it wasn’t a shooting star. I looked for several minutes and noticed two more of the same star-like objects chasing each other on the opposite side of the sky and their lights were also blinking simultaneously.”

5. Then at 9:00 p.m. on November 16 a witness in Rochester, New York, about 560 miles northeast of Indianapolis, reported a burning orb-like object flying about 100 feet overhead.

6. At midnight on November 16 a witness in Alto, Michigan, about 430 miles directly west of Rochester, reported three lights moving in a triangle formation and were brightly colored.

7. Lastly, at 4:00 a.m. in Reelsville, Indiana on November 17 a witness saw three lights moving east across the sky. He said it wasn’t an airplane and it was traveling in a zigzag pattern.
edit on 20-11-2012 by awakehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by awakehuman

Given the dates

around 7 other UFO sightings were also been reported from 5 States in 11 Hours between Nov.16-17

...an explaination may be here

Occurs during November 15 – November 20[2] Date of peak November 18

Leonids - Wiki

... or here, lunarmeteoritehunters.com

... or more specifically here

The Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News 18NOV2012 Leonid Meteor Shower peaks tomorrow, get viewing tips now Examiner.com Traditionally, the Leonids are a major meteor shower, where one can expect to see, according to some estimates, 20-30 meteors per hour. The best time to view is in the pre-dawn hours as Leo is at its highest point in the sky at this time, look in the ...

edit on 20-11-2012 by Perhaps because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2012 by Perhaps because: more info

edit on 20-11-2012 by Perhaps because: meh

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perhaps

Given the dates, an explaination may be here, Leonids - Wiki

The Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News 18NOV2012 Leonid Meteor Shower peaks tomorrow, get viewing tips now Examiner.com Traditionally, the Leonids are a major meteor shower, where one can expect to see, according to some estimates, 20-30 meteors per hour. The best time to view is in the pre-dawn hours as Leo is at its highest point in the sky at this time, look in the ...

By providing above links, if i am not wrong ..you are trying to suggest that lights were just Meteor/Meteorite !!.

I am sorry to say but you are ignoring the fact, what eyewitness had said in his testimonial "They initially moved independently, then joined up and hovered in formation. They did not leave those trails in the sky".

I never saw Meteor/Meteorite "hovered in formation".

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakehuman

By providing above links, if i am not wrong ..you are trying to suggest that lights were just Meteor/Meteorite !!.

I am sorry to say but you are ignoring the fact, what eyewitness had said in his testimonial "They initially moved independently, then joined up and hovered in formation. They did not leave those trails in the sky".

Considering that This rocket booster reentry was reported as a HUGE Alien Mothership by multiple witnesses, it's not implausible that a single witness can get up to all sorts of fantasy fabrication to 'understand' something they don't, like confusing annual meteor showers with something else a little bit more fantastic like ooooo spooky mysterious triangle forming space craft.

Besides that, you shouldn't trust everything reported to MUFON and published as a 'reported sighting' as there are certainly reports like THIS hilarious UFO photo which to some might seem fairly legit, but, um, not really.

edit on 20-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perhaps

Given the dates, an explaination may be here, Leonids - Wiki

Not everything has a simple explanation.

There are plenty of accounts of the orange ball of light phenomenon on this thread,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have never seen a report of a meteor that altered its course, or flew at speeds, where it should have dropped to earth, like a stone.

Nice post OP, these sightings appear to be intensifying, hmm

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watchfull

There are plenty of accounts of the orange ball of light phenomenon on this thread,

I have never seen a report of a meteor that altered its course, or flew at speeds, where it should have dropped to earth, like a stone.

Orange balls of light are typically 99.9% of the time, the open flame of a Chinese Lantern.
You're new here, so, you may want to familiarize yourself with Chinese Sky Lanterns.
They're often confused for something they're not.

The same gets done with silvery mylar balloons that are often called 'orbs' or just claimed as generic UFO.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

if i am not wrong ..you are trying to suggest that lights were just Meteor/Meteorite !!.

You are not wrong, I'm very much suggesting that some of these people may have witnessed the Leonids star shower, as per the provided links - I'll leave the phenomenon of eyewitness testimony for now and see how the thread progresses...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Considering that This rocket booster reentry was reported as a HUGE Alien Mothership by multiple witnesses, it's not implausible that a single witness can get up to all sorts of fantasy fabrication to 'understand' something they don't, like confusing annual meteor showers with something else a little bit more fantastic like ooooo spooky mysterious triangle forming space craft.

Besides that, you shouldn't trust everything reported to MUFON and published as a 'reported sighting' as there are certainly reports like THIS hilarious UFO photo which to some might seem fairly legit, but, um, not really.

Its highly unethical to bring completely out of topic thread (just to troll the thread) here, which have nothing to do with this sighting.

Secondly, you can try hard as much you want to debunk (you could have your own compulsions) the Sighting. But you don't have any right to under estimate others (Eyewitness) knowledge with out knowing them personally. .

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Its highly unethical to bring completely out of topic thread (just to troll the thread) here, which have nothing to do with this sighting.

Secondly, you can try hard as much you want to debunk (you could have your own compulsions) the Sighting. But you don't have any right to under estimate others (Eyewitness) knowledge with out knowing them personally. .

Unethical?
Do you even KNOW what unethical means?
Did I bait and switch or promise something I didn't deliver?

You posted an eye-witness testimony report about supposed UFO activity.
I posted something extremely relevant regarding the UN-reliability of eyewitness testimony, even in cases of multiple witness reports.

No video, pictures, or anything else is there other than this some-guy-says-he-saw-something report.

Any goon on the planet can say they saw something doing something somewhere, some time, and if ooo, they talk about spooky triangles, it's somehow even more interesting?

What is it with people fixating on triangles?

Doesn't anyone know that ANY 3 points can be a triangle if someone wants to project such geometries onto something due that niggling pattern recognition wiring in the human brain?

There is NOTHING significant about triangles.
They occur quite naturally in nature all the time.

Even Dyson Spheres, spirals, and other complex geometric shapes occur in nature.

What is it with people attaching significance to triangles all the time?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watchfull

Orange balls of light are typically 99.9% of the time, the open flame of a Chinese Lantern.
You're new here, so, you may want to familiarize yourself with Chinese Sky Lanterns.
They're often confused for something they're not.

The same gets done with silvery mylar balloons that are often called 'orbs' or just claimed as generic UFO.

Of course, some lantern sightings are reported as UFO's, usually at night, just out of focal range, that is a given.

I must thank you for reminding me that I am new here, although I have been reading posts on this forum for a couple of years.

Perhaps I should not follow my own judgement, and, bow down to the ATS members of superior thought, joining the ranks of the sheeple.

Or maybe I'll just carry on as I see fit.

Do you honestly think that the only people on the planet that can speak with some authority on a subject, need to be long serving members of ATS.

When you find a Chinese lantern that looks like a 30ft circular LED screen, that moves through the air, without noise, then be sure to let me know, so that I can immediately attempt to debunk it, by altering my natural thought processes, and going into closed mind mode.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

According to testimony

Well there you have it. Irrefutable proof.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

No video, pictures, or anything else is there other than this some-guy-says-he-saw-something report.

Did you had even read the whole article prior to start debunking here ?

I don't think so because there are images in above source link.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Earlier this year similar UFOs were also been sighted over lake Ladoga, Russia

Radioactivity and lake Ladoga, Russia

Water quality in Lake Ladoga, Europe's largest freshwater lake, came to the attention of government authorities in the mid-1990s.Factories on the lake, which is just east of St. Petersburg, have discharged tons of heavy metals and other toxic substances into local rivers. The shores of Lake Ladoga and Lake Onega to its east have been storage sites for fertilizers, livestock waste, and chemicals as well as for radioactive military waste.

Source : Countrystudies.us

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Remind me of the classical case of the short (due to dry atmospheric weather conditions) contrail of a high altitude plane lit by the rising (or setting) sun.

Similar examples:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

let's forget unethical for a moment, it is just a bit underhanded to bring the Yukon sighting into it
especially with an outright claim that it's a booster rocket
when, if you were paying any attention to the thread[s] is far far faaar from proven to anyone not kissing the ground Jim O walks on
i would argue that what you posted is indeed relevant, though less for it's regard to unreliability
and more in regards to 'skeptics' and their habit of dismissing the experiences of others out of hand.

could we all stop with the fallacious "ANY THREE POINTS ARE A TRIANGLE" malarky?
it really gets me the way so many people around here assume they are the only one with a brain stem.
if somebody says three points hover in a triangle formation, the information we should be paying attention to is the "hover" part, and the "formation".
if you took even a cursory glance at the images you would no doubt see this yourself.

also wait what, natural dyson spheres? i umm... assume you have some manner of proof for this?
i will settle in the short term for an explanation of how they were detected at all
and you can explain how they could happen naturally never
since they can't
and we couldn't detect them anyway if somehow they did.

as regards the thread general, those are some interesting photos to be sure!
i hope more surface from other vantage points
given the volme of traffic there must be more SOMEwhere...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

99% is innacurate in my opinion... So many people report Orange orbs that obviously are not chinese lanterns.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I cannot find any explanation for it. It seems legit i.e not a CGI

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Can't say for sure, but everything leads me to think there was a black ops operation going down during the said time period. Why do I think so?

The answer is quite simple - new moon phase + witness descriptions.

You may be wondering what the darn connection is... Well, feel free to ask and I will gladly provide a very detailed answer. But beware. If you are one of those people who see a blinking light in the sky and start shouting "Aliens!" instantly, you may want to skip this piece of info because you're in for a very big let down...

...considering that you wouldn't count as amazing the (VERY high) possibility of quite advanced technology being here on Earth, but held back from the general public and not necessarily having been backengineered from supposed alien craft.
edit on 22-11-2012 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Unethical?

Anyways, Druscillas comment is spot on. No photos, or videos, or other witnesses to back their claim....just the one person saying they saw something odd. So if I went on MUFON right now and said I saw a giant Twinkie shaped UFO flying near the mountains, covered with flashing lights and blasting Rolling Stones music, you would believe that too? Because. as you said, "you don't have any right to under estimate others (Eyewitness) knowledge with out knowing them personally. . "

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

Lol, so you readily believe we have the ability to traverse space.. So you would probably have to assume with 100% certainty that some other life in the universe/galaxy exists and could just as easily have visited earth. Infact more likely they found us before we developed the technology.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join