Skype and Video chat programs

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I have some general questions on Video call, conferencing programs. Which ones are the best and free? I heard Skypye is popular but whats it cost $$$ to make a Video call overseas?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I just use Yahoo Messenger to video chat with the wifey. Granted, its not overseas, but the quality depends mostly on the connection speed. And its always free, overseas or not.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
In my experience skype has been the best so far. Both voice and video call is free to use from one computer to another as long as it is one on one. As far as i know from anywhere in the world to where ever you want to call.

I'm in a remote area in europe and frequently use both skype voice and video with my co-workers who are in the states and other places worldwide. It has never cost me a dime.

This link should tell you a bit about what is free and what is not when it comes to skype.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
i made a THREE second skype call the other day, it cost me 24p. the fact that microsoft have bought skype means that using it is going to become pointless in the near future.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

With Skype video chat is free, no matter where you are. My husband travels all over the place and a lot of times internet signals are way better than cell phone reception (especially South America). The only time it costs money to use Skype is if you are making a phone call rather than a video call.

Quality is dependent upon internet signal strength.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
As the person above said, if you both have skype (which you would both have to have to make a video call) then it's free.
The only time you have to pay for skype is when you use it to call a telephone.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

This is good clears up confusion i had, particular with Video calls.

new topics
top topics

join