It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting theories my GF had about Nibiru...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13

It's really that simple. If you do not agree, what is so hard about just saying that you do not agree, and leaving it at that? Why insult someone for having a difference in belief or opinion than your own? That is childish and vastly immature.

You know, I'm forced to agree. Bickering and acting like children is what makes forums end up devolving into utter and complete stupidity. Considering that OP merely seemed to want to share this and see what other people thought, I don't think it's entirely necessary to be mean-spirited about it, which a few of you have done already. I'd rather not have to go around gathering post quotes further, but I will if asked.

All I'm saying is that this community was founded on the concepts of Denying Ignorance and being kind and supportive of your fellow members. Nothing in the original post seems to lead me to believe that there was any sort of ill-intent in this thread.

Just my two cents.
edit on 24-11-2012 by JamesLimelight because: spelling errors

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Again, I disagree with your absolute assertion that Sitchin was a "fraud" and a "hoax". However, you conveniently didn't respond to my statement that it is in fact a rule here that COURTESY IS MANDATORY. Or did you not wish to include that in your point-by-point rebuttal?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
reply to post by Harte

Again, I disagree with your absolute assertion that Sitchin was a "fraud" and a "hoax". However, you conveniently didn't respond to my statement that it is in fact a rule here that COURTESY IS MANDATORY. Or did you not wish to include that in your point-by-point rebuttal?

Are you the arbiter of courtesy?

I see nothing discourteous in my post you responded to. If you expect me to worry about Druscilla's courtesy (or lack thereof,) you'll be waiting quite some time.

If you feel I've been discourteous at any time, please feel free to report my post to any mod. Believe me, I'll do the same for you.

IMO, you dredged that up, along with your "belief" that I'm wrong, because you simply have no actual response whatsoever to my statements (the cold, hard facts) about your hero Sitchin. This is evident even in your claim that "other researchers" have recently been coming to "similar conclusions..." What a line of total hooie that is! So you pull up some last line you included in a response to another poster and pretend I'm supposed to respond to your cutting and pasting one of the T&C's of this site? What would prompt me to include it in any response to you? You didn't say it to me and I've not been discourteous.

That's right, it's not discourteous to call a spade a spade and you can count on me to do so. You won't find me tip-toeing around with my posts in some perverse attempt to preserve the "feelings" of people who choose to remain ignorant.

That's not discourteous either.

Harte

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

*snip*

IMO, you dredged that up, along with your "belief" that I'm wrong, because you simply have no actual response whatsoever to my statements (the cold, hard facts) about your hero Sitchin. This is evident even in your claim that "other researchers" have recently been coming to "similar conclusions..." What a line of total hooie that is!

My "hero" Sitchin. lol You don't know anything about me, so perhaps conjecture isn't wise. And you know what they say about opinions being similar to. Of course I'm not the arbiter of courtesy. So you feel it's not discourteous to treat adults like retards because they don't agree with you? Furthermore, you are not the arbiter of truth. I've been around here for awhile, as have you based upon your join date. I learned many years ago that the subjective appearance of "winning" an argument on ATS amounts to a hill of beans. Also, people like you (especially in regard to this subject) are completely unwilling to speculate on the plausibility of theories that our mainstream science does not accept. So really, what's the point other than arguing? I'm sure you can find some other dupe to stroke your infinite knowledge pleasure centers and engage with you in link combat.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Yes! That's her....while researching her theory, I found many other physicists are agreeing with her.

Thank you!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

*snip*

IMO, you dredged that up, along with your "belief" that I'm wrong, because you simply have no actual response whatsoever to my statements (the cold, hard facts) about your hero Sitchin. This is evident even in your claim that "other researchers" have recently been coming to "similar conclusions..." What a line of total hooie that is!

My "hero" Sitchin. lol You don't know anything about me, so perhaps conjecture isn't wise. And you know what they say about opinions being similar to. Of course I'm not the arbiter of courtesy. So you feel it's not discourteous to treat adults like retards because they don't agree with you? Furthermore, you are not the arbiter of truth. I've been around here for awhile, as have you based upon your join date. Also, people like you (especially in regard to this subject) are completely unwilling to speculate on the plausibility of theories that our mainstream science does not accept.

Read your own words:

You don't know anything about me, so perhaps conjecture isn't wise.

You're right that I don't speculate on theories that do not adhere to the known, observable facts. Do you?

It is necessary to learn what is actually known in order to be able to speculate concerning what is not known.

It is known that Sitchin's invention of Nibiru and his likewise invention of gold-craving alien invaders appears absolutely nowhere in any ancient text. Yet he claimed that it does. That, my dear, is a lie.

I don't speculate by first grabbing hold of a lie and building on it. So you got me there.

I learned many years ago that the subjective appearance of "winning" an argument on ATS amounts to a hill of beans.

I'm not here to win arguments, I agree with your assessment on that. I'm here to present factual information so that any ignorant soul that reads here can more easily cure their condition. Again, assuming they want to, obviously.

Harte

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join