It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right now is the time to love your family!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Go spend some quality time with your family and/or house pet. You may never seem them again. It might not be today or tomorrow, but the truth is, these are very unstable, freaky times were living in. Just check the front page of ATS, or better yet, CNN/FOX news, for assurance of this. I'm not hear to fear monger but i think i just had a moral epiphany as my brother is in the hospital and almost died today, the doctors said. He caught salmonella from eating a tainted batch of chicken. My dad ate from the same batch and was throwing up and had diarrhea all day yesterday. Seeing my dad in that condition made my gut quench. I mean my dads a tough guy; he will still go to work on a full blown flu. But this, this was something else. He couldn't even talk, eat,or walk. I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to endure that kind of sickness. He still went to work today, believe it or not, while my brother is still hospitalized. Why them? My brothers one of the nicest guys iv'e ever met, and someone like that should never endure the torture he went through, and still is going through as he spent the last 48 hours in a hospital without eating, in a hopeless state. I cried a lot today, and it really hurt. I felt horrible as i kept putting myself in his shoes. It made me wonder, "why is there so much suffering and pain going on all over the world, including my closest family, and why am i living comfortable with great health? What makes me different than the 80% of the world suffering? Why not me, instead of them?."

It hurt really bad.

So anyways, the fact of the matter is, you never know what you have until it's gone! Stop quarreling with your sister, call up that forgotten mother, and forget all pasts arguments with your beloved family, for gods sake!
Right now is the time; tomorrow is uncertain. These times have been predicted and ancient prophecies are occurring. Mass human suffering, i hate to say it, is dominated these times. Sooner or later, this apocalyptic world we live in is going to affect you, or your family, in some way shape or form, as it has my family. I'm just hear to give you a heads up to cherish your family or loved ones, and realize in a blink of an eye, they can be taken away from you.

So express your love for your family today, because, trust me on this, the realization that you may never see someone again hurts, bad. Especially if you haven't reconciled your differences!Call your brother up, and go drink a beer or watch a movie or something, while you still can! You don't want to regret not having done so!

Sorry about the rant, I feel like i had to get this off my chest.

Peace, and feel free to reply how you feel about this.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Sorry about your father and brother. I wish them well and a speedy recovery.

It's a shame that it takes the moments when we are backed into a wall to realize what is more important in life. Forgiveness is key and it's something we should really get accustomed to give out as much as we receive. Even if you don't receive as much as you get, still give. Never go to sleep with malice or anger in your heart. It truly does you and those around you more harm than you may realize. INB4 all the "what if your mom was killed would you forgive her killer" people.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Always good advice.

Hope your family gets well.
I know the hospital near me has a bad case of GI, not taking in new patients.

I'm in hospital bed right now. Not same condition as your family, but I'm in a lot of pain. Just had more morphine, or hydro morph contin.

Today I've had to make amends with every family member because I took it out on all of them. Said things I shouldn't have, which in turn they said back to me. Not nice. I've been here a week and spent the whole time crying, regretting, begging forgiveness. I even snapped at the nurses. My bad behaviour has slowed down my recovery and had the staff here questioning if I'm fit to leave, mentally. I could blame it on the meds or the pain, but that's just making excuses.

Life really is too short and once you lose your health or anything else, your family is all you will have, so be kind to them. In the end, love is all you need.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Never ever take anyone or anything for granted. I am so sorry to hear about your Brother and Dad and wish them a speedy recovery. I have lost many family members and friends over the years and have just went through fighting cancer and won. You never know when you may lose someone close to you. Always let the people in your life know they are loved and appreciated. If something happens and they pass away, there will be no regrets.

Too often you hear people talk about how the last words spoken to a loved one was out of anger and now they can't go back and change things and say how sorry they were. None of you want to be that person.

top topics

join