It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Luck to You, In this.....The End of Days

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Another milestone that has etched itself into the history of the meager existence of Man has finally made it's way to our doorstep.

Dec 21st 2012 is just a heartbeat away....and I do not know what is going to happen.

My gut tells me that we will be enjoying bloody marys on Dec 22nd and experience a world-wide sigh of relief that the day came and went without cause for concern.

But is this milestone just a way to drag our attention from the real threat that may come? Will war consume the globe until one "god" is proclaimed ruler? Will economies crash and send Mankind into the new dark ages in which food, water and life itself becomes the prize of the day...not a 401k that yielded 30%?

I do not know what is going to happen. I like to believe that optimism and the human spirit will overcome any dark depths that may dwell in our future, but I cannot help but question our future.

What is to come and why have we put ourselves in such a precarious position?

Those answers I do not have. What I can do is offer a few tidbits of advice.

No matter what is to come, I will be ready to help my neighbor and fellow human in what could be the greatest test of civilization. I hope you are able to see past the worst that humankind has to offer if society breaks-down and offer a hand to those that may not know what you know.

Call your Mother and tell her you love her.

Take care of the children! Do not allow them to become the cynical bastards we have become and be willing to place your life on the line for those that carry on after we have left this world. Even in death, we live on through our teachings.

Right the wrongs you have placed on others. A clear conscious is a gift that we can only give to ourselves.

Lastly, let go of your issues. Become one with yourself and at peace with the fate you are given.

With all that being said, I wish you luck! My heart goes with all of you as we pass into the new world we are about to receive. Stay strong, stay positive and stay human!

With love,

SS247

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Well spoken. Times are certainly unique these days, and as some know, the "novelty theory" by Terrence Mckenna may seem applicable.

Who may know for certain what the near future holds, but I think what you've put together here is very well put.

S & F

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Yawn.

I've lived through a few ends of the world now... They aren't all they are cracked up to be. The whole..., world not actually ending really kills the mood.
edit on 19-11-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I may not be as experienced in surviving the end of the world as you are! This thread is just a way to say that I hope we can come together, no matter what may come.

Good luck to you Boncho!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Yawn.

I've lived through a few ends of the world now... They aren't all they are cracked up to be. The whole world not actually ending really kills the mood.
edit on 19-11-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

ditto
except i'd add...no booze for me...15 years sober this year...life is so intense sober...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Nice post and sentiment. I find it strange just how many things seem poised to get us. If it's not Dec 21 it'll be the economy, or WW3, or climate change, or a mutant virus, or the terrorists, or radiation from Fukushima and on and on! Strange days indeed. As to the idea of staying human, one can certainly hope but from where I sit, everything is still fairly comfortable for most of us here but when you look around the planet at the non comfort zones, humanity seems to take a back seat to the problem at hand.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Well I think the whole thing has been misunderstood. The date is significant only because of our calendar. The energy and the the changes are real, they don't happen all at once, although to be clear, the dinosaurs never knew what hit them either. The Mayan people did not predict the date as being a doomsday, we translated a calendar that we really do not understand. Rather, the birth of a new cycle and an understanding of the changes in our immediate galaxy is what they were focused on. Something that takes many thousands of years to complete.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

Well I think the whole thing has been misunderstood. The date is significant only because of our calendar. The energy and the the changes are real, they don't happen all at once, although to be clear, the dinosaurs never knew what hit them either. The Mayan people did not predict the date as being a doomsday, we translated a calendar that we really do not understand. Rather, the birth of a new cycle and an understanding of the changes in our immediate galaxy is what they were focused on. Something that takes many thousands of years to complete.

Another note...it is really easy to go out on a limb and state that this is all hogwash....of course if it happens that we do meet our fate that day, there won't be an internet or media outlets to say "told you so".

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Another note...it is really easy to go out on a limb and state that this is all hogwash....of course if it happens that we do meet our fate that day, there won't be an internet or media outlets to say "told you so".

I actually believe the same as you. The Mayans did not predict the end of the world, but I think it adequately symbolizes other woes we are experiencing today.

No matter what happens, good luck!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Either way, don't we still have to live our life one day at a time? I think it really just enforces what is truly important...we really can't predict the future, we can plan for it...but each of us really need to find true love in our hearts and drop the hatred for each other. Regardless of what day it is, don't you agree?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Bourbon and Cigars, good food, great mates and the best damn wife and kids a bloke could wish for.

Thats me now - that will be me come 22nd December 2012 - thank goodness it will be Saturday!

Will there be a drunk thread raised on 21st December here at ATS - if so I will partaking with bells on!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Either way, don't we still have to live our life one day at a time? I think it really just enforces what is truly important...we really can't predict the future, we can plan for it...but each of us really need to find true love in our hearts and drop the hatred for each other. Regardless of what day it is, don't you agree?

Exactly.....well said!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
SS247,

Excellent post - As most on here will not understand that your post is not about a date but is about making the best of life that you can, to love one another, to be the best person you can be. As I sit and watch Red Dawn your words ring through with the same message - Become one with yourself and at peace with the fate you are given.

Well said - S&F my friend!
edit on 11/19/2012 by Sostratus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This threàd reminds me of Dr. Strangelove.

edit on 11/19/2012 by earthalien50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I hope you know it's a 3 dog night! Yes it's 21-24.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

A really awesome post from Sheepslayer ladies and gentlemen.

I didn't know Hitler could play banjo !
Look at him go ! Mercy !
SnF:
edit on 19-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Warning-Warning- Personal Opinion coming up, don't read if you don't want to misunderstand my sentiment.

I believe I need to spend more time experiencing nature; as I recall those days when I was alone in the forest/desert/beach you name it, all other background noise faded away and reality was infinitely more well defined. Soo, if you are having these delusions of DOOM and GLOOM, remember the eagle though regal will still peck out your eyeballs if you die in the northern territory.

In short, get real!
edit on 19-11-2012 by DondeEsta? because: failed to proofread this entire non sequitur

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I don't believe that we will see the end of days on the 21st, unless someone decides to make it the end of days. To be honest with you i'm more concerned about someone using the 21st as an excuse to try and pull some crazy #@$!...... Be wary of power outages. On that day. Other than that I believe it could just be another day, but there will definatly be a knack in the back of my head on that day saying to be cautious.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DondeEsta?

Warning-Warning- Personal Opinion coming up, don't read if you don't want to misunderstand my sentiment.

I believe I need to spend more time experiencing nature; as I recall those days when I was alone in the forest/desert/beach you name it, all other background noise faded away and reality was infinitely more well defined. Soo, if you are having these delusions of DOOM and GLOOM, remember the eagle though regal will still peck out your eyeballs if you die in the northern territory.

In short, get real!
edit on 19-11-2012 by DondeEsta? because: failed to proofread this entire non sequitur

The thing is OP hasn't mentioned a damn thing we prolly shouldn't do any way so in short shut the f--- up !

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

We are running out of time. We have just little over a month left to come up with a new conspiracy that rivals 2012. This is the biggest of the big and when the dates come and go, there will be nothing left. No major conspiracy to latch onto to keep it going. It could spell doom for conspiracy websites like, well , this one. We have to hurry.

Hurry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join