It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clouds outside my house were just glowing and pulsating. Video included.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
All you guys saying it's too fast for lightning have no idea...

I moved to Phoenix this summer and personally saw with my own two eyes lighting in the clouds that was JUST AS FAST as that if not more so. I saw it happen for hours on end sometimes several days in a row. Non stop flashing with nearly no delay and many times with no sound whatsoever. It was an awesome sight, I sat outside all night in the rain just taking in the scene because I've never seen anything like it. I cant wait for next summer here!

Point is, It is most definitely POSSIBLE that what you are seeing here IS lightning

The only difference in this video from what I have seen before is that the flashes seem to be whitish in color. The lighting I saw flashing like that was blue.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Is there a gas works near by? it could be excess gas they are burning off those towers get quite high.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
www.educatinghumanity.com...

Found this on Google.

This was reported the 19th, but happened the 17th, btw.

Monday, November 19, 2012

The orange light phenomena continues across U.S. skies with strong waves of cases hitting UFO reporting centers, according to data collected by National UFO Reporting Center (NUFORC) Director Peter Davenport.

Davenport reported that there was a sharp increase in orange light reports on November 10 and 11, 2012. Then another spike appeared to be occurring November 17.

We previously reported that these sightings were on the increase in: National reports of 'fireball objects' over past year.

A series of reports were filed with NUFORC over a 172-minute period November 17, 2012, between 5 p.m. and 7:52 p.m. Data for the evening is not complete, but here is edited witness testimony for the cases reported so far.

(snip)

5 p.m., Jersey City, NJ
"We were looking out of the kitchen window towards the south, kind of out over Newark airport," the reporting witness stated. "We saw three orange glows in the sky. At first, I thought it must be the sun or moon, but they were clearly distinct shapes and they were moving kind of toward the left and downward until they finally disappeared behind the houses in the distance. I would say they were not some kind of optical illusion, nor did they appear to be some kind of reflection caused by the sun. They were definitely not airplanes."

From the photos at the link, it doesn't say the photos are relevant to the event or not. However, the color is the same, though the description varies. Perhaps you saw something related to this incident?

There are 8 reported sightings in the same rought time frame, all reporting like sightings across several states.

Here is a link to the reporting website with a log. No new entries since the 17th, but looks like perhaps a delay getting them online. Worth checking for a few days.

www.nuforc.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mischief2013

The first few seconds of the film I thought, "oh that's lightning off in the distance." I realized shortly it couldn't be lightning because it was flashing at a constant rate. I'm really baffled at what that "pulsating" could be. You would think something with that much energy, would cause satellite and electronic disruptions. Was any of your electronics affected during this "pulsating" show?

Great video by the way. I look forward to read what others think this could be. S&F.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Maybe its a flying saucer with it's hazard lights on

That is really amazing looking.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I cannot agree with this being the lights from an emergency vehicle, or even multiple emergency vehicles. Don't believe that its UFO related, either.

I will believe that it is a natural phenomena. Few years back we didn't know about upper-atmospheric discharges, such as sprites or blue-jets. Nature, what a mother of surprises.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
tbh it looks like some kind of warning

second line

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Definitely emergency vehicle light or construction / utility vehicle lights, some of you say they are too bright but those vehicle lights are SUPPOSE to be bright. I have seen this before, especially on foggy days.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ
Definitely emergency vehicle light or construction / utility vehicle lights, some of you say they are too bright but those vehicle lights are SUPPOSE to be bright. I have seen this before, especially on foggy days.

SUPPOSED TO BE BRIGHT!

I don't mean to single you out, but this drives me nuts.

The first difference between suppose and supposed is that suppose is a verb and supposed is an adjective. "Suppose" is a conjugation of the verb "to suppose".

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Your working with the goverment! you're trying to cover this up!. na just messing with yareply to post by lasvegasteddy

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Could have been a far off fireworks show. Just thinking with the pulsating looks a little like what I've seen from a fireworks show about 30kms away. I'd assume you would have heard by now if it was fireworks!! Impressive clip f&s.

Eta: although would be cool if it was something other worldly

edit on 20-11-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2012 by feelingconnected because: Grr

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
After reading the entire thread I am convinced that the OP will reject any logical explanation provided.

Pulsating lights-check
Fog, low lying clouds-check
Airport nearby-check

Yep, it has to be unexplained.

Seriously just because you have never witnessed this before does not mean there is a really simple explanation.

You just have not taken the time to explore the possibilities.

It seems you would rather it be something it is not.

Just liejunkies opinion on the matter.

Good lick in your quest for " the truth".

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I've seen this before, in darker higher purplish clouds, pulsating brighter and darker. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

People have been saying emergency services light caught in low cloud cover, but I don't think it fits, especially since it can be seen over long distances, the frequency of the flashing increases and decreases, the pulsing is sometimes weak and strong.

Clouds so high as the ones I have seen don't get interfered with by flashing lights. I'll keep more of an eye out now that I know this is an actual thing others have seen and not my eyes playing silly beggars

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
years ago me and a buddy were drinking and ended up with about 500 of those little flashing lights you see on construction barrels in the back of my truck and a fog rolled in over night and looked exactly like that in my backyard. the video had me LMAO remembering that.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
A possible explanation could be the pulsating orange lights of the electric companies Utility Trucks. Down where I am they have been out late into the night still repairing downed poles and wires. Those lights are blinding in the dark.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

That is really weird....it was lighter than that I expect. Cameras don't pick up the colour that well. Was there any sound?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I'm not saying I know what that is, but I've seen emergency vehicles glow through the clouds like that, also seen nightclub lights glow through the clouds like that. Whatever it is, it's probably coming from the ground

edit on 20-11-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
at the frquency of the pulses it reminds me of hazzard lights on a car....was it low clouds like fog? they would be more apt to reflect hazzard lights

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Why is the sound edited out? Was it to cover the sound of the sirens, or party?

It looks like lights being shone from below, like from a car or lighting rig. Ive seen this lots of times

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I see I've left my indicators on again. I'm going to have a flat battery in the morning

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join