It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello A.T.S.<>Take These Broken Wings...and Try Not To break them more

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
A friend of mine suggested I try this site out. I began by hanging out here a few days first. I have read many interesting "threads", I see they are called. I gravitate to the spiritual side of things. I really don't know where to begin, so I think I will just keep this short and sweet. I have a song I like that I'm sure you all have heard before;

Broken Wings - Mr. Mister

Baby, I don't understand, why we can't just hold on to each others' hands
This time might be the last, I fear, unless I make it all too clear
I need you so, ohh
Chorus:
Take these broken wings, and learn to fly again, learn to live so free
And when we hear the voices sing, the book of love will open up and let us in

Take these broken wings

Baby, I think tonight, we can take what was wrong and make it right, mmm
Baby, it's all I know, that you're half of the flesh
And blood that makes me whole, I need you so, so

(chorus)

Take these broken wings, you've got to learn to fly
Learn to live life so free
And when we hear the voices sing, the book of love will open up and let us in
Yeah yeah, let us in, let us in

(Solo)

Baby, it's all I know, that you're half of the flesh
And blood that makes me whole, yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah, so

(chorus)

Take these broken wings, you've got to learn to fly
Learn to live your life so free
And when we hear the voices sing
The book of love will open up for us and let us in, yeah yeah
Yeah yeah, oooh

[ Lyrics from: www.lyricsfreak.com... ]

This song really symbolizes how I feel about our world. I think we are broken and need to find love in each other to fix things. There is just to much hatred. Anyway, that is all I have to say right now. I look forward to hanging out some more. May take me some time to reach the 20 post requirement but I will get there eventually.

Thanks.

I hope I did okay for my first try. I had a little help.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hello Broken and welcome!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Welcome. Nice and positive song.

We all need more love in this world. We have to start with those around us first.

Pay it forward. Peace.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Welcome BAW33...

Take These Broken Wings.

I miss the 80's as well.

Make the most of it...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Hi!

Beautiful Song you added and you did just fine.
Hope to see you around.
Now, you do have your Tin-Foil Hat don't you?

OH, Here's a song for you, I hope you don't mind, it's from my home land and my younger sister is in the group.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Dear BrokenAngelWings33,

Welcome to the insane asylum.
Theology is a tough one on this site. Be assured that if you believe you matter and exist beyond this life, you will be called everything imaginable. Don't sweat the small stuff. Also don't expect everyone to agree with you, it doesn't work that way. This is a place to be challenged, to test your beliefs and to deny ignorance which is nothing more than the failure to test our beliefs. That is what faith is, not belief, it is the willingness to test your beliefs. Peace.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaphneApollo

Welcome. Nice and positive song.

We all need more love in this world. We have to start with those around us first.

Pay it forward. Peace.

Thank you. I agree. First we have to love our self though before we can love others, right? It starts with the individual. You seem to have that and I am grateful. The more of us that can find love in our own heart the more we can help others to find that love in themselves.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Thanks. Cool song. Glad you shared.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear BrokenAngelWings33,

Welcome to the insane asylum.
Theology is a tough one on this site. Be assured that if you believe you matter and exist beyond this life, you will be called everything imaginable. Don't sweat the small stuff. Also don't expect everyone to agree with you, it doesn't work that way. This is a place to be challenged, to test your beliefs and to deny ignorance which is nothing more than the failure to test our beliefs. That is what faith is, not belief, it is the willingness to test your beliefs. Peace.

Thanks for the *warning*
I wouldn't be naive enough to other wise, I look forward to the challenge, my friend gave me a heads up and I saw enough before I decided to join...you seem like a very nice person. See you again I hope.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Thanks. Yeah dating myself a bit there, lol. There will be some that never heard it that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I noticed you are in Phoenix, I used to live in Mesa. Saw my first "dust storm" and "flash floods" that evaporate....very strange. I used to work for Smitty's. Ever heard of them? Not sure if they are still in business... they used to have 26 stores back then...combination grocery/dept. store...fun place to shop and I enjoyed working there.
edit on 11/19/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: Edit

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Got your message, not sure if you are aware...I was not able to reply in private yet. I get your point of wisdom. I have much compassion and patience to deal with most....

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing that and a big welcome to ATS! That's one of my favorite songs from childhood and carries very deep meaning from a couple different periods a long time ago. It was an unexpected thing to come across tonight. A pleasant surprise.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use (The complete and end all guide to our policies)
Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***
ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on this ride with you.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks johnny. i hope I didn't already break a protocol
, just the same I will certainly take a look at the information you posted for me. I'm sure it will come in handy.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Thank you for sharing that and a big welcome to ATS! That's one of my favorite songs from childhood and carries very deep meaning from a couple different periods a long time ago. It was an unexpected thing to come across tonight. A pleasant surprise.

Thanks silly wrabbit
Glad I could contribute something positive for you

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Hello and welcome!

Short and sweet, thanks.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well now whats this all about? Someone needs their wings fixed? Say it isn't so.

We winged creatures have to stick together and help carry one another. And this website will help do just that.

Make sure you keep yourself strong in faith as there are always going to be a few that want to clip our wings.

A big welcome to you and may your 'flight' around the forum be smooth with the wind to your back.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wingz

That was well said and appreciated. Thank you. You are my 20th post. Hooray! Didn't think I would reach this tonight, but I forgot it was posts and that I can go to other threads and voila! presto magic...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join