It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic group forms their own government and community in New York state

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I just found a link to this story posted on the Oathkeepers group page.

Islamic compounds in America are training for Jihad

. They call their community: The Town of Islamberg. They have their own mayor, deputy mayor and five town council members. None of them are elected, of course.

They even boast that their “town” provides departments of education, medical, finance and land development services.

This Islamic compound has truly become a city-state. Though not recognized as a legitimate township by the City of Hancock, this Islamic community nevertheless enforces its own laws on the “citizens” within its borders. They do so by using the iron fist of Sharia law.

I interviewed a member of this camp, which sits deep in the Catskills Mountains of upstate New York. The Islamic group that has established this camp is part a network known as Muslims of the Americas (MOA), which has documented links to Al Qaeda.

MOA has established similar villages in nearly three-dozen locations nationwide, with other prominent camps found in Texas, Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia, California and Tennessee.

This is not good people, it seems that while our government has been busy labelling everyone from preppers to people that dont have Facebook accounts as terrorists the actual terrorists have been busy building up their compounds and numbers.

I have felt for quite a while now that with our open borders and our governments "let anyone in" policy it was only a matter of time before we would see this happening.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Since "Islamburg" has not been recognized as a sovereign state, they will still fall under jurisdiction of the city and state in which they reside.

They are free to practice Sharia Law within their community and is no different than ecclesiastical law that Christians often use to conduct business and such with other Christians. More importantly, Sharia Law only applies to Muslims.

So don't get too worked up......it will not apply to you. America has a tradition of letting people of different beliefs conduct their communities as they wish as long as they follow certain common sense guidelines. (Mormons and Amish are just a couple examples)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Oh believe me, Im not "worked up" over this or the practice of their religion. I fought for everyone to have freedom of religion. My problem is their traing for jihad and their connections to Al qaeda which also puts them in line with the MB and Taliban.

When you have a group of extremists of any religious belief that is training for a holy war against other groups right here in the US thats what I get worked up over. Maybe you havent seen the jihadists in action first hand, or maybe your a sympathizer who believes that they are freedom fighters just fighting the big bad US. Perhaps if ykuve seen their barbaric actions first hand you would see the threat this poses.

As far as all the other religious groups or people that get to exercise their beliefs as they see fit, well tell me how did that work out for the branch Davidians, or the Weaver family at Ruby Ridge?

No, if this were a group of christians or a militia then there would be MSM coverage of it and they would be inveatigated or at the very least put on some watch list. Hell as former military, if I had my family sitting on 80 acres and called it Diverville while training my family in marksmanship or survival and declaring my own government I would be scrutinized. Actually according to DHS just because Im former military Im supposedly subject to terrorist urges yet these guys are doing nothing wrong?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

I'm sure when NYS officials are done laughing at these clowns they'll law down the real law because I'm pretty sure you can't just make up on your own towns on rented land. Good luck enforcing your own Sharia Laws they better hope it doesn't interfere with NYS laws. And these Muslims have documented connections to Al Qaeda?

Good luck to them. Good news for America NYPD and federal authorities are well aware of these people so at least there's that.
edit on 19-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

How do you think the current ZUS areas of France got started?

They will continue to collect people and grow in area until they grow in size to the point that the government doesn’t even dare to enter the area for fear of starting an all out conflict. Just like the ZUS of France. The police won’t patrol the ZUS areas. If you make an emergency call from within a ZUS area, the police and ambulance will not respond.

So, by default, like France, they become autonomous states inside our own borders.

By that time, when they get industrious people starting to build rockets and bomb neighboring areas of NY. The only option left will be to send in armored troops to clear the area by force. If it comes to that, you can bet that the UN will be right there declaring “war crimes” and saying that we should agree to an “independent Islamberg”

You may think this is funny satire. I thought it was also funny satire when people talked about Knife control as the next step after gun control. It is not satire. It is a fully real possibility.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
What we have to realize is that this is all based on the testimony of one man, Aziz. There is no evidence to back-up his claims and considering that he is an informant with a government entity, I'm highly skeptical of what he has to say.

So unless we can compound this with more concrete evidence, I will not jump on a certain bandwagon.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Earlier this week I saw a documentary film on YouTube titled: The Third Jihad: Radical Islam's Vision for America.

It is narrated by the American Muslim Zuhdi Jasser, who is against the "totalitarian fascism" of radical Islam, and it seems to expose both a physical and cultural Jihad.
The "cultural Jihad" apparently uses Western sensitivities about political correctness to silence criticism, by a stream of Islamism that has no belief in democracy or political correctness.
en.wikipedia.org...

The film has a segment on Islamburg, which the narration links to Pakistani radical Seikh Gilani, and an organization called Al-Fuqra.
It is one of 30 such camps/communities in the US.

It seems to offer camps mainly for new converts from US prisons.

Since 2009 the documentary has caused some controversy, but here is a clip on Islamburg:

edit on 19-11-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The view from google maps matches his description.
Pick satellite view if it doesn’t come up with that view.

goo.gl...

Yes, your eyes do not deceive you. They named their road, Moslem road.

Lots of old shabby trailers.
Some newer construction.
Some real old shabby construction.
A lot of litter around the area.
And the residence have a tendency to run around with black mask on while having ammo belts over their shoulders and shooting AKs,…

I feel for neighbors.... I truly feel for their neighbors.

If I lived around there, I would be fortifying my house with earthen embankments, sand filled walls, and steel armored doors.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
sounds like the muslim version of a trailer park...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

I'm sure when NYS officials are done laughing at these clowns they'll law down the real law because I'm pretty sure you can't just make up on your own towns on rented land. Good luck enforcing your own Sharia Laws they better hope it doesn't interfere with NYS laws. And these Muslims have documented connections to Al Qaeda?

Good luck to them. Good news for America NYPD and federal authorities are well aware of these people so at least there's that.
edit on 19-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

The problem is no one there says anything, most agree with it. A lot of Sharia is benign to a non muslim. Some of their interest-free loans in Australia are open to anyone, and work with a Christian group, some sort of testimony that sharia can co-exist in Australia..

But it's what comes with that, the bits that are not seen until civil unrest occurs, the seething violence... that.. comes with Sharia in buckets!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

How do you think the current ZUS areas of France got started?

They will continue to collect people and grow in area until they grow in size to the point that the government doesn’t even dare to enter the area for fear of starting an all out conflict. Just like the ZUS of France. The police won’t patrol the ZUS areas. If you make an emergency call from within a ZUS area, the police and ambulance will not respond.

So, by default, like France, they become autonomous states inside our own borders.

By that time, when they get industrious people starting to build rockets and bomb neighboring areas of NY. The only option left will be to send in armored troops to clear the area by force. If it comes to that, you can bet that the UN will be right there declaring “war crimes” and saying that we should agree to an “independent Islamberg”

You may think this is funny satire. I thought it was also funny satire when people talked about Knife control as the next step after gun control. It is not satire. It is a fully real possibility.

Do the people who used to advocate unhinged immigration policies, still say mass immigration in the name of multiculturalism, is a good idea? Or are they silent now?

You don't have to have an agenda where I live to see things are becoming like that here.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Nucleardiver, thanks for sharing that article - it may just be the Deobandi and Wahhabi sects but here's a relevant documentary firom the U.K. where imans are being secretly filmed preaching that they must all dismantle British democracy and "live like a state within a state until they are strong enough to take over".

Dispatches - Undercover mosque

Video Link

Viewers of the Channel 4 programme again and again saw and heard Muslim preachers declaiming hatred for, and violent action against non–Muslims, the imperative of the jihad to turn Britain into a Muslim State, the inferiority of women, and the demand for Sharia law to be introduced into Britain. Again and again listeners heard a word they had probably never heard before — Kuffaar, a term embracing Christians, Jews and members of other religions and persons who have no religion, indeed everyone who is not a Muslim. Kuffas are dogs, they should be killed, they will go to hell.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Lot of countries have fallen to Islam by underestimating them. That's how they do it. They have to be rooted out; they have to be thoroughly defeated; they don't just give up and go away....

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
sounds like the muslim version of a trailer park...

The problem is what you see on the surface, may be the tip of the iceberg. Most people in the area are saying they went underground. They use to shoot and train in the shooting range, and obstacle course. There was a flurry of excavating and all the visible activities have appeared to stop. There appears to be no one moving around the area during the day. When someone shows up at the gate and starts asking questions. People with weapons start coming out of small buildings located around the property.

One person said it reminded him of a comedy sketch. Where people keep filing out of a small closet.

So, I would say the majority of the compound is underground, and out of sight. That is where they do their shooting and training now.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Maybe I'm just stupid or something, but can anybody just form their own town? I mean, weren't they technically under the jurisdiction of an already established city/town when they did this? Can I just carve out a chunk of my town and start a new town too? I want to be the Faery-Queen of it!

Really, this is just... it just escapes logic to me!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

If the town, local authorities, and state does not enforce the rules for fear of starting an open conflict…… then…. As I stated before.

By default, like France, they become autonomous states inside our own borders.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Yet nobody here is complaining about the gang controlled areas of inner cities.

The bloods, Crips, and Ms 13 control more area than the size of some small countries.

Personally we need to crack down on all hate groups.

Bring in the heavy artillery and start enforcing the law.......

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Come on man, the OP is hilarious. This is from the article;

Aziz explained that the residents of the MOA believe that their top leader, Sheikh Gilani, is able to travel through space and time, and that he spies on them at all times. This fear helps keep them from disobeying the strict laws of MOA and the “town” leaders. “They think Gilani will turn them into a monkey,” he said.

Sounds more like a sect to me, hellbent on social fraud. If there are so many Muslim "homegrown terrorists" in the US, how come its always the white American Christian males that end up mass slaughtering civilians at schools, theaters, restaurants ?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Yep some joke alright.................
I think if the muslims want to practice Sharia Law
They should be given a free ticket to such a country immediately......no trials no screwing around.
Any other form of human degradation should be given the same treatment.
As far as a Jihadist community in the Catskills, well remember what happened at Waco......they are conveniently located all in one place.......Wheres Janet and crew ?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This is more serious that many people could imagined and is not isolated to one state, this Radical sharia law practicers are making their own littler towns all over the nation, in many instances Authorities in the town in question have lost jurisdiction inside this enclaves this is not about freedom of religion this an agenda and our whore politicians are turning a blind eye to the dangers of what is going on

Be aware, This is no a joke is a reality.

Muslim Enclaves U.S.A.
Building the American Caliphate, One Enclave at a Time

It seems almost unthinkable, but Islamics groups are, as we speak, hard at work creating Muslim states-within-states in the U.S. Indeed, this process has been unfolding for a long time across the Western world, through the creation of isolated Muslim enclaves in both rural and urban areas, as well as through the designation of "no-go zones" where governments admit to having little authority over Muslims living there, essentially leaving them to function as autonomous regions.

Daniel Pipes has tracked numerous examples since 2004 of Muslim groups working to create communities based solely on Islam and run by Shari'a law. As discussed by David Kennedy Houck in 2006, "Although such concepts are antithetical to a free society, U.S. democracy allows the internal enclave to function beyond the established boundaries of our constitutional framework."

For example, one such community, Gwynn Oak, has been created in Baltimore, Maryland, consisting of Muslim immigrants and African-American converts. The project is led by John Yahya Cason, director of the Islamic Education and Community Development Initiative. Cason explained that the neighborhood is a response to the problem that "Muslim communities are ruled by Western societal tenets, many of which clash with Islamic norms." In his opinion, there is a need for communities with "the totality of the essential components of Muslim social, economic, and political structure." As such, the Gwynn Oak enclave follows specific moral rules based on Islam and people there speak Arabic. On September 13, 2009, the construction of its three-story mosque began. Approximately 400 Muslims now live in the vicinity.

www.meforum.org...

Across the U.S. from New York to Florida to Washington and many locales in between, Radical Muslims are living together in communities that are closed to the public. Many of which are suspected of being homegrown terrorist training centers

www.radicalislam.org...

We most ask ourselves why our govenrment is allowing this to happen in our own soil while our soldiers are fighting in the middle east this same type or radical groups and dying at the same time

People in this nation needs to come together and question what is the real agenda of our whore politicians in this nation.

Search for the words Islamic enclaves in the US and you will be surprised of some of the pictures around caught from outside this enclaves, you may think this is some place in the middle east.

edit on 20-11-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join