It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warships headed towards Israel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by jude11

I'll be the first to admit that I'm wrong. But I'll almost guarantee I'm not. I can think of a number of times when there has been an evacuation of US citizens, and they used an LHD or LPH class. The LHD carries 12 CH-46s (25 troop seats or 15 litters) and 9 CH-53s (55 seats). That means that if they use all 21 of them, they can lift almost 800 people in a single sortie.

Yes they can be used for that but that is not why they were built. They are for the Marines and a whole lot were shipped out of the states the minute the MB President of Egypt shot his mouth off about intervening in the Israeli-Gaza fight. They were sent to these ships. Suddenly the Egyptian president had a change of tune

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

They did not go for a rescue mission. They got their orders to fly out of the U.S. and meet up with these ships hours after the Egyptian president shot his mouth off. I have it on good word that they were going to help Israel fight if Egypt got involved because others would probably want to jump in as well and leave Israel sitting in a bad spot to where they might have to pull out the Jericho's. I don't trust Obama but I know Egypt is no walk in the park anymore with their modern American military hardware. Our troops were probably going to land in north Israel, block Syria and Hezbollah from trying to invade while Israel had the bulk of its forces in the south.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

They did not go for a rescue mission. They got their orders to fly out of the U.S. and meet up with these ships hours after the Egyptian president shot his mouth off. I have it on good word that they were going to help Israel fight if Egypt got involved because others would probably want to jump in as well and leave Israel sitting in a bad spot to where they might have to pull out the Jericho's. I don't trust Obama but I know Egypt is no walk in the park anymore with their modern American military hardware. Our troops were probably going to land in north Israel, block Syria and Hezbollah from trying to invade while Israel had the bulk of its forces in the south.

No, no and no. Not only does that not make any sense from the polical reality on the ground it makes even less sense from a military stand point. Whoever gave you the info has no idea what they are talking about.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
yayks ww3 will coming soon..be prepare..this is what we say dooms day..not by sun,but by our self..mybe 21 dec is the day that atomic bom strike all muslim country..

Well if your right...Be Prepared to get your ASS KICKED! LOL!
Love and Light...Love and Light....ah Hell! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

The Iwo Jima can only carry a single MEU, which is about 2,300 troops. She sailed from Norfolk with the 24th MEU on board, and they relieved the Makin Island ARG in May.

The Iwo and her sisters weren't designed for rescue missions, but they are some of the best ships out there to perform them, because they have plenty of room for people, and the airlift capability to pull a lot of people out fast.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

No, no and no. Not only does that not make any sense from the polical reality on the ground it makes even less sense from a military stand point. Whoever gave you the info has no idea what they are talking about.

Yes, yes, and yes. If you care to take a look at my posts these last few years on this very subject you will discover I do know what I'm talking about. The US Navy does know what it's talking about and some other people clearly don't. The ships in this amphibious ready group were in Spain when ordered to turn around. 2200 Marines is not enough to do anything substantive against either the Egyptian or the Israeli army. What are you going to do with a grand total of three tanks?

The MEU by itself is simply not big enough to do anything substantive without a lot of support, which it does not have. The main issue here is to serve as a "show of force" and as a potential rescue platform, for which it is ideally suited. They have plenty of choppers that can fly in for a quick load of civilians, complete with air support from the Harriers.

If we wanted to do something serious off the coast of Israel we'd have a couple of CVNs and a couple more of these helicopter docks available, but the fact is, we don't. I keep track of where they all are at all times. Next post I'll show that.
edit on 11/25/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
US Navy Carrier Strike Group Deployments: 11/21/12

CVN-65 Enterprise is in home port Norfolk (11/14/12) - non-deployable, to be decommissioned
CVN-68 Nimitz is in home port San Diego (11/21/12)
CVN-69 Eisenhower in 5th Fleet AOR as of 7/17/12.
CVN-70 Vinson is in home port San Diego (8/1/12)
CVN-71 Roosevelt is at Newport News for RCOH & non-deployable, Avail: late 2012.
CVN-72 Lincoln is at home port Norfolk for RCOH & non-deployable, Avail 2016.
CVN-73 Washington is in home port Yokosuka, Japan (11/21/12)
CVN-74 Stennis is in the 5th Fleet AOR (10/26/12)
CVN-75 Truman is in home port, Norfolk, VA (10/26/12)
CVN-76 Reagan is in Bremerton for DPIA & non-deployable until 2013.
CVN-77 Bush is in home port, Norfolk. (7/27/12)
-------
CVN-78 Ford construction at Newport News. Avail 2015, replaces Enterprise.
CVN-79 Kennedy construction at Newport News. Avail 2018, replaces Nimitz
CVN-80 Unnamed, planned, Avail 2024, replaces Eisenhower.

RCOH=Refueling and Complex Overhaul, takes about four years
DPIA=Docked Planned Incremental Availability, takes six months to a year
RIMPAC= Rim of the Pacific. International exercise
COMPUTEX=Composite Unit Training Exercise, pre-deployment Strike Group coordination.

The above are all Carrier Strike Groups that normally travel with about 7-8 support ships including one cruiser, several destroyers (usually a squadron of 4), a fast attack supply ship, some frigates ,and a fast attack submarine or maybe two. The support ships are designed to protect the carrier. A CVN is about 100,000 tons displacement and can carry approximately 85 aircraft. CVNs are nuclear powered and run 25 years between refueling, which takes three to four years to complete.

Explanation of Areas of Responsibility (AOR)

3rd Fleet AOR – Eastern & Northern Pacific, Alaska, Bering Sea
4th Fleet AOR – Central & South America
5th Fleet AOR - The Middle East, Arabian Gulf, East Africa
6th Fleet AOR – The Mediterranean Sea, Europe
7th Fleet AOR – Asian Pacific. Indian Ocean to International Date Line

Below are the Amphibious Ready Groups/Marine Expeditionary Units. The main ship here is a "baby" carrier that is about half the size or less of a CVN, about 40,000 tons displacement. It is designed to hold helicopters and Harrier VTOL jets. These guys can pull off a minor invasion, if necessary. They usually carry a handful of tanks. Marines, by and large, are light infantry. LHA is a “Landing Helicopter Assault.” LHD is a “Landing Helicopter Dock.”

LHA-5 Pelelieu is in the 5th Fleet AOR (11/07/12)
LHD-1 Wasp is in home port Norfolk (11/21/12)
LHD-2 Essex is in homeport, San Diego (8/15/12)
LHD-3 Kearsarge is in port for emergency rudder repairs (8/29/12)
LHD-4 Boxer is in home port San Diego (11/21/12)
LHD-5 Bataan is in home port Norfolk (11/21/12)
LHD-6 Bonhomme Richard is in the Andaman Sea (11/21/12)
LHD-7 Iwo Jima is in the Mediterranean, 6th fleet AOR (11/21/12).
LHD-8 Makin Island is in home port San Diego (11/21/12)
------
LHA-6 America, under construction, Avail. 2014, Northrop Grumann, Pascagoula.
LHA-7 Tripoli, contracted Avail. 2018, HII Ingalls, Pascagoula. $2.3B

Official Status of the Navy: www.navy.mil... (This is not always accurate.)
Carrier Locations: gonavy.jp... (Usually very accurate.)

Recent decommissioned carriers:

CV-59 Forrestal, 1955—1993, Newport, RI, Fate: scrap or sink
CV-60 Saratoga, 1956—1994, Newport, RI, Fate: scrap or sink
CV-61 Ranger, 1957—1993, Bremerton, WA, Fate: scrap or museum
CV-62 Independence, 1959—1998, Bremerton, WA, Fate: scrap or sink
CV-63 Kitty Hawk, 1961—2009, Bremerton; WA, Fate: reserve until 2015
CV-64 Constellation, 1961—2003, Bremerton, Fate: scrap or sink
CV-66 America, 1965—1996, Fate: scuttled in live fire exercise, 2005
CV-67 John F Kennedy, 1968—2007, Philadelphia, Fate: donation hold

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
As you can see from the list above, we're down one carrier until the Ford comes online. We also have two carriers in RCOH, one just about ready to leave that status, one, the Lincoln, just entering. It takes several months for a carrier to prepare for deployment, especially after having sat in drydock for four years. A lot of sailors assigned to those ships have never been to sea. In other words, we're down FOUR carriers, with three deployed. That leaves us four in various stages of readiness.

When you see a carrier go through COMPUTEX you know they are next in line for deployment. That is the exercise that trains the entire Strike Group in coordinated manuevers. The problem today is that we are stretched thin, which is why the Stennis is now in the Persian Gulf after having been home only a few months. It was the only carrier that was ready to go. Today both the Nimitz and the Bush could be readily deployed.

Unless you see additional Strike Groups or Amphibious Ready Groups head for the Med (and we'll know within hours if they do), the current deployment of the Iwo Jima and a few extra helicopters, ungainly and vulnerable beasts though they are, does not place it in the realm of Red Alert. Although this is different, a fact I acknowledged earlier, we go through this drama every six months or so as chickens run around proclaiming the sky is falling, a false flag is imminent, or WW III is right around the corner.

If anyone else has contrary information from "a reliable source," then trot it out and name it. Last time we had a "reliable source" it turned out to be a cook's assistant, an E-3, on the Vinson who told his girlfriend he was going on a suicide mission to start a war with North Korea. Although a time-honored centuries-old method of getting some "extra kisses" (this is a familiy site) it turned out not to be true. But we had to undergo a few months of drama from Grandpa who did not believe me and managed to get upset enough to call me a bunch of names and lose a few thousand points before the matter could be settled when the Vinson returned to home port, just as I said it would. Did Grampa come on and say, "I guess you were right."? No, of course not. Crickets.

The fact is (and you can check this yourself) every time this sort of thing has come up I've been correct in my assessment of what is going to happen. In other words, I stand by my track record; do you have one? By its nature, though, it takes a few months to prove it, and when that has been accomplished, like the fact that the Enterprise is now in Norfolk awaiting decommissioning rather than at the bottom of the Strait of Hormuz, all the people who wrote impassioned posts, detailed analyses, and pointed at YouTube videos, and told me I didn't know what I was talking about have faded into the woodwork, not having the cajones to admit they were completely and utterly wrong, and all we hear are crickets.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
As you can see from the list above, we're down one carrier until the Ford comes online. We also have two carriers in RCOH, one just about ready to leave that status, one, the Lincoln, just entering. It takes several months for a carrier to prepare for deployment, especially after having sat in drydock for four years. A lot of sailors assigned to those ships have never been to sea. In other words, we're down FOUR carriers, with three deployed. That leaves us four in various stages of readiness.

When you see a carrier go through COMPUTEX you know they are next in line for deployment. That is the exercise that trains the entire Strike Group in coordinated manuevers. The problem today is that we are stretched thin, which is why the Stennis is now in the Persian Gulf after having been home only a few months. It was the only carrier that was ready to go. Today both the Nimitz and the Bush could be readily deployed.

Unless you see additional Strike Groups or Amphibious Ready Groups head for the Med (and we'll know within hours if they do), the current deployment of the Iwo Jima and a few extra helicopters, ungainly and vulnerable beasts though they are, does not place it in the realm of Red Alert. Although this is different, a fact I acknowledged earlier, we go through this drama every six months or so as chickens run around proclaiming the sky is falling, a false flag is imminent, or WW III is right around the corner.

If anyone else has contrary information from "a reliable source," then trot it out and name it. Last time we had a "reliable source" it turned out to be a cook's assistant, an E-3, on the Vinson who told his girlfriend he was going on a suicide mission to start a war with North Korea. Although a time-honored centuries-old method of getting some "extra kisses" (this is a familiy site) it turned out not to be true. But we had to undergo a few months of drama from Grandpa who did not believe me and managed to get upset enough to call me a bunch of names and lose a few thousand points before the matter could be settled when the Vinson returned to home port, just as I said it would. Did Grampa come on and say, "I guess you were right."? No, of course not. Crickets.

The fact is (and you can check this yourself) every time this sort of thing has come up I've been correct in my assessment of what is going to happen. In other words, I stand by my track record; do you have one? By its nature, though, it takes a few months to prove it, and when that has been accomplished, like the fact that the Enterprise is now in Norfolk awaiting decommissioning rather than at the bottom of the Strait of Hormuz, all the people who wrote impassioned posts, detailed analyses, and pointed at YouTube videos, and told me I didn't know what I was talking about have faded into the woodwork, not having the cajones to admit they were completely and utterly wrong, and all we hear are crickets.

I hear ya. In some of these threads you might as well be talking to a brick wall. I mean why let facts and common sense get in the way of a good conspiracy theory?

It looks like the Nimitz will be down for a couple months due to some propulsion issues during sea trials after their yard period.

The Ike is supposed to go back to Norfolk for resurfacing of it's flight deck Dec/Jan, Stennis will be only CVN in the area during that time.

www.miamiherald.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

hope they are going to shoot netanyahu...lol

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif

I hear ya. In some of these threads you might as well be talking to a brick wall. I mean why let facts and common sense get in the way of a good conspiracy theory?

It looks like the Nimitz will be down for a couple months due to some propulsion issues during sea trials after their yard period.

The Ike is supposed to go back to Norfolk for resurfacing of it's flight deck Dec/Jan, Stennis will be only CVN in the area during that time.

Yikes! Thanks for that info! Good, solid, factual, documented. What a concept! Another carrier down. What a squeeze play! 5 carriers down, 3 deployed, 3 left over.

And a correction to my list. Nimitz home port is Everett, Washington, not San Diego.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

The Iwo Jima can only carry a single MEU, which is about 2,300 troops. She sailed from Norfolk with the 24th MEU on board, and they relieved the Makin Island ARG in May.

It still looks like a small attack force, that is to be able to put up astrong,quick fight. Now, if it was some other country than Israel, Id agree with their ability to pick up people was enough.

But, I'll tell you ... the amount of US citizens in Israel, doesn't count merely a couple of hundred. Of that, I'm 100% sure ... they're not even a few thousand. More likely, they're in the tens of thousands, which makes these vessels too small ...

BUt I think somebody talked about strangling the road of arms, to gaza ... and out of hand, it strikes me as more likely. Because, in all fairness ... I think the israelis are more than capable of inhialating Iran on their own, if they'd want to. There is very little need to fear, that the U.S. has to rescue fleeing citizens out of Israel, like it was Vietnam ... that possibility in my mind, is so miniscule, it's close to non-existant.

edit on 26/11/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Even if there are tens of thousands of US citizens there, they would only evacuate the ones that wanted to leave. People living there permanently would almost definitely stay. They would evacuate the embassy officials, and any tourists that chose to leave. That number would fit nicely between the New York and the Iwo Jima, most all of them on the Iwo.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Another way to put "artificial fear " into the minds of everyday citizens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join