It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney's Preconditioning of Children

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

He said 'blah blah Disney are evil and trying to make kids want to buy things'.

As far as I can tell this is the motive of most companies so I'm not sure why it's such a surprise.

Oh and apparently a 31 year old person doesn't understand or like TV shows aimed at children.

Not sure where the surprise is there either.

edit on 20-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It comes down to what Predator0187 said and to say books are better

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I had my seven year old nephew round the other night.
He'd never seen Thundercats.
We watched the first episode, and when Liono called "Thundercats, thundercats, thundercats HOOO".....
the crisps he was eating fell out of his mouth.
It was funny.
The crap aired on TV these days is disappointing.

edit on 20-11-2012 by ParaSpy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Don't think these shows aren't warping your kids sense of value, purpose, and relationships. Your tv dosen't have to be an idiot box. Just turn to something with substance.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Original shows or movies have become an unnecessary risk for the studios. I know this is more to do with movies than TV but they don't care about originality anymore, just remake something and make a fast buck.

As far as what the OP was talking about, I've noticed the lack of plot or whatever you want to call it in these kid shows. I feel like I should have a helmet on to watch have this crap.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Sorry, but I like Phineas and Ferb.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Sorry, but I like Phineas and Ferb.

Yes, but you're ornery.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CannibalCorpse1982

My doctors have a sign on their door saying "do not enter if you have flu symptoms." I'm not kidding.
I think Disney worked on me in a good way. As a kid back in the 1960s I went to see Mary Poppins, do you remember the bank scene where the dad wanted the boy to put his tuppence into the bank?
I've never trusted banks and I'm sure thats the reason why.

ETA. Oh dear, it seems I'm a bit out of date. I have no idea what half of you are talking about although that might be a good thing.
edit on 20-11-2012 by LEL01 because: showing my age.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
And in the teeny bopper shows they produce, the adults are pretty much portayed as dolts. Especially men and especially fathers.

Disney has become a tool of the feminst anti-family agenda. Women are smart and cool, Men are stupid. Fathers are worthless and uncessesary.

I agree. Although I would say men are presented more as dumb success objects who are meant to be easily manipulated. Why would feminists be anti-family? I think they just want to have the power in the relationship.

I would add that Disney has always presented bad morals and lessons to kids. Disney has made it so almost all American girls/women have what I call "Disney Princess Syndrome". They expect a man who is good looking and who will take care of them for the rest of their lives. They see themselves as having more value than men.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
And the IQ levels will go down.

And the GI factor will plummet.

And they'll be happy to take a minimum wage job that can't pay the bills.

And stereotypes will be the norm, even for 'unique' cults like the 'emo' and 'goth'.

I noticed this the other day as well, but what worries me the most is how NONE OF THE OTHER ADULTS NOTICED OR CARED. And when I brought it up, they acted like I was NUTS and then the KIDS started following me around calling me 'Nutzo' and 'Crazy'.

I watched this with my siblings, it was out-and-out brainwashing. When I was their age I read books. Now I'm the black sheep. Baaa.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join