It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media War Hall of Shame. To Remember When Swept Away by News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
A lot of threads lately about Israeli-Palestinian conflict, as the things in The Middle East are going south, so I'm surprised not to find this one yet.
I think we all should see this, and eventually, every time we are revolted by this or that image of horror we should remember that we are played like kids. We are lied, and manipulated in one direction or another, as the political interest are dictating.
The truth is much more complex than we will ever find out from news, and the chinese have a very good saying that we should take to heart: never judge someone if you didn't walk at least a mile in his shoes.

The Media War Hall of Shame

Turns out the children were wounded in Syria and the photo first appeared Oct. 28.
He later apologized for the retweet…

What happens when the cameras turn up at the scene of an airstrike in Gaza and there simply aren't enough Palestinian dead and injured to produce dramatic footage that can be used against Israel in the international media?

But that’s not all. Not content to spread pictures of Palestinian children, propagandists filled Twitter and Facebook with images of an Israeli child wounded by Palestinian rockets – claiming it was a Palestinian girl wounded by Israeli attacks.

I won't argue about who's right and who's wrong. It's a war. There's nothing right about a war.
Beside that, every time I want to argue, and present my side of the story, I stop and remember that I actually have no idea what the truth is. And neither do you.

edit on 19-11-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I am not the brightest person but what i can gather. The hamas use there on people as shields I do not think I would care to have a leadership that would do that.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

The Arabs have honed the art of information warfare with sappy staged garbage like this. Its fogs the mind and tugs on the heart strings. Granted, they have a great deal of help from sympathetic dupes in the west.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Good thread OP and you're absolutely right. Propaganda flows like raw sewage from both the Public Affairs people of the IDF and Israeli Government as well as the Hamas Media wing. I figure truth went out the window and got shot by someone for pure sport well before the shooting at each other started. The only things I take as solid...and that's still with a grain of salt..are what I hear independently confirmed by multiple sources and usually confirmed by sources running back in time from the event..I.E...signs confirm the events leading to whatever it is. Or....It's from someone who is there or directly involved with people who are there. Outside of that? Yikes... Pick a lie, any lie. The table is full and there are any variety to choose from.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Exactly.
Everyone manipulates the masses with smoke and mirrors. In fact, the more something in the media seems to be true, the more I doubt it. I was once interviewed for a national news station; and I told what I was thinking and nothing more. But when I saw the final snippet on TV I almost didn't recognize my own words. The meaning and the context was so different after the editing, you can't imagine.
Nothing is what it seems to be, especially in the news.
edit on 19-11-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

top topics

join