It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karzai orders Afghan forces to capture US detention facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Afghan President Hamid Karzai has criticized the U.S. military for violating an agreement and illegally continuing to hold Afghans as prisoners against the orders of the Afghan government and courts.

The deal, signed in March, gave the US six months to transfer the captured Afghans – an agreement the US has not upheld. Karzai released a statement Monday calling the failure to hand over detainees “a serious breach of the Memorandum of Understanding.” The Afghan president also ordered his forces to seize control of the Parwan detention facility, where US forces continue to hold prisoners in a closed-off section, many of which were recently captured.

Source:
rt.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This won't end well for the Afghans.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

It kind of seems a little like history repeating itself for the Americans.

Take down government that doesn't do as you say and help you in your goals, install a new figurehead, realise they aren't going to play ball either, take them down too(?).

Been done many, many a time.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by b14warrior

Yeah, because it is totally unreasonable for the new leader to hold America accountable to the agreement they made.

How is this anyone's fault but Americas for violating a contract?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

You're misinterpreting him... He is implying that the US installed a puppet willing and able to do as they are told. But now they have realized he his not the good little puppet they thought him to be and so they will have to get rid of him too... He is not saying the guy is in the wrong. Just wrong in the us governments eyes...

look up economic hitman...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Karzai is a BUSH/US Stooge put in place.
He will not send Afghan army to take the prison from the USA. Its madness for one and wishful thinking.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I am not misinterpreting anything.

I understand his point.

Still does not change mine.

We made a commitment. When you don't pay your car bill it gets repossessed. Simple.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Originally posted by zroth
reply to post by b14warrior

Yeah, because it is totally unreasonable for the new leader to hold America accountable to the agreement they made.

How is this anyone's fault but Americas for violating a contract?

Er...... actually I agree that America should hold up it side of the bargain...... at no point have I expressed an opinion on this matter.

Weird.
edit on 19-11-2012 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Barrack will appease them...

Not to worry.

When in doubt fear not Barry will chose the course that is the worst for the American military.

It's sort of his thing.

top topics

join