It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can live people have ghosts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
For example, could I see the ghostly recreation of a scene which happened in the past, involving people who are still alive and well? Sort of like a time-lapse.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by McCool

I guess anything is possible. Dimensional time shift, to parallel universes. Nothing is really set in stone....jmoho...

Des

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by McCool

Can live people have ghosts?

Indeed they can, in Scandinavian countries they have a special name for them...

Vardøger

The vardøger or vardøgr is a spirit predecessor, from Scandinavian folklore. Stories typically include instances that are nearly déjà vu in substance, but in reverse, where a spirit with the subject's footsteps, voice, scent, or appearance and overall demeanor precedes them in a location or activity, resulting in witnesses believing they've seen or heard the actual person, before the person physically arrives. This bears a subtle difference from a doppelgänger, with a less sinister connotation. It has been likened to being a phantom double, or form of bilocation.

The Vardogr, Perhaps Another Indicator of the Non-Locality of Consciousness

And the Finnish have a version as well...

Etiäinen

In Finnish folklore, an Etiäinen is a spirit sent forth by a shaman or by a person in great distress in order to receive information. The spirit appears as directed by the summoner in order to contact a person with whom the sender has a strong emotional bond. The spirit manifests itself by appearing and behaving as the summoned person in order to communicate the requested information.

edit on 19-11-2012 by Xoanon because: .

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by McCool

They're called Doppelgängers. I learned it from this site.

Supposedly, Lincoln seen his own ghost.. cool huh?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Many years ago I was attempting to search for my Birth Mother. I went to see a medium at that time and, at the end of the session, she asked me if I had any particular questions for her. I asked if she had any insight into my Birth Mum ( I was at a very early stage, I didn't know anything but my mums first name, fathers' name, that they were divorced and the area I was born in. I gave her none of that info).

Anyway, she told me she could see two women, one was my Mother and the other my Grandmother. My heart sank, I assumed she meant they were both dead. She said no..my mother was alive and well but my Gran was in Spirit. She gave me more info but that isn't relevent to your question.

So, is that the kind of thing you are asking about? My Mum, who was alive, appearing with her Mother who was not alive.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by McCool

They're called Doppelgängers. I learned it from this site.

Supposedly, Lincoln seen his own ghost.. cool huh?

Yep.

OP, go type that in google.
Doppelganger.

Tons of fascinating reports from history are available.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
how can one answer this question when we don't know the answers our selfs.

But well could be possible, I wonder if someone knows of anyone who has witnessed things like this.

I have heard of people witnessing civil war replays in the middle of no where.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It's all speculation, don't ask questions you want direct answer for, otherwise change the question.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by McCool

Yes, I believe so, there was a thread on ALLNURSES.COM where nurses were telling their best ghost stories from on the job and yeah, strange things do happen.
To add: the reason I mentioned allnurses is because there was a story there where you basically described the shared experience that two health care workers had.
The stories there are awesome, for those in a profession who deal with the life and death of many, some things are just harder to explain the hows and whys.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

new topics

top topics

join