It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Samsung Galaxy S 3 Review

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
thanks for the review. a phone thats scans your face every 3 seconds, probably with harmful radiation is fishy to say the least.

every phone in the world has an auto lock button so why would your phone be scanning your face constantly.

can you imagine the phone is actually alien technology, and the scans are for your replacement, most likely an alien with facial alteration surgery.

thanks. i will not be buying any phone that scans your face when your not looking.

It has a forward facing camera, it just uses that to see if you are there. You should learn what you are talking about before you make yourself look silly. There is no radiation.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Is it ok if I am completely jealous? Because, I am. If I wasn't tight on money it is the phone I would get for sure.

XL5

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Personally I won't get any "phones" untill they make a phone that lets you program how it works like you set the time on your computer and microwave. The phone should also have a button that releases a swarm of nano bots that convert trash into an andriod woman that looks/acts any way I want her to. It should also be able to reattach severed limbs and get rid of the flu with these nano bots.

Even if thats a look into the far, never to happen future, the current phones are not really phones anymore. They are a way to make paying for the internet, free games, phone service and music more costly. In my opinion, widespread uncontrolled/monitored wifi could replace cellphone service and cell phones altogether, people would just use a micro laptop with a user controlled operating system on it.

The current trend with these phones just seems like a pissing match between models, makes and who can spend MORE money on something they already have and have more controll of (laptops+wifi). Having said that, I think they will make cars in the future that are like cell phones, these cars only work on auto-pilot, you pay for the car, gas and if you need to go anywhere, you need to put your "chip" near the dash and then pay for the location you want to go to like it was some sort of app! You would also have to pay each time you wanted it to auto park and then, when your friend gets the newer model, you throw yours away and get a new one! Of course they would make a new gas for these cars that costed 3 times what normal gas costs. All the cars you have now would be somehow uncool even though they cost less and are just as useful.

I just don't see the point of going the direction its going. Sure we should have pocket computers, but we should have just as much control over them as we do with the big ones. I just really have to wonder how much it would cost to have the final upgrade where the person on the other end can be teleported right next to you so you don't have to visit them in your iCar and the govt. can still snoop and you can't hide/hang up for a crappy reason lol.

Rant over.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I like my s3 as well. I'm typing from it rAight now. Sometimes my keyboard's auto word feature doesn't work how I want it to. Also, the battery life sucks. Other than that this phone is awesome.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I like my s3 as well. I'm typing from it rAight now. Sometimes my keyboard's auto word feature doesn't work how I want it to. Also, the battery life sucks. Other than that this phone is awesome.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by XL5

Lmao....

Believe it or not this is how I feel..

The galaxy will be obsolete in a few years just like the rest if them.

Personally I hate using the phone for the internet. I guess I am old school PC.

The girlfriend showed me the android tableta that are on sale this black Friday. For 69 bucks I am thinking of just using other peoples internet. Lol..........

She said I could go sit in McDonald's parking lot and get on ats. Lol I will probably get the cops called on me for being weird ...........

Technology is great, until it is outdated and you have to go buy the next really expensive gadget jst to get on ATS.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
For me its the Iphone, cause when you jailbreak your Iphone it is the best "telephone" out there period.

You can instantly send pictures to your printer, computers, and etc you can do everything Apple have locked down.

When i read this fan hysteria screaming to each other which phone is the best and so on.. its all about who you are and what you use the phone for... most people don't know shiz about what tech its inside their phones...they just use it.

But my point is that! Jailbreak your Iphone and you suddenly have an High tech Computer with UNIX System! yes... i can sit on a commando line with SSH from my computer and fix my iphone with new updates and such..
you can make webserver, mysql database and so much more on this Iphone.

But people tend to choose their phones most of the times cause of their non existing tech friends are telling them.. out of their non exisiting tech sense... even if you work as a gadget guy and a business owner..

But whatever..

XL5

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Liejunkie01, yeah, sitting at McD's for free internet is better then over paying for mobil internet. That said, if you don't want to park in their parkinglot, you might have luck developing a conductive black/grey spraypaint that you spray on their lot that acts like a directional antenna (yagi uda). Maybe even a plug in yagi uda antenna.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I got a Nexus One which i still love but S3 is the first cell phone that's been capturing my attention since I bought mine.

One thing I would love to know is if playing games with a keypad on screen, responds better on S3 than my nexus...if I still can't get a hadoken done 80% of the time, Ill keep my phone a bit longer.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
My SO is a huge Android fan, so we have both in the house. I'd advising her to get the same phone you bought
-- it's the closest thing to an iPhone you can get without getting an iPhone. Even the Samsung interface looks very Apple-like.

So apple thinks! Thing is I have a Palm PDA which preceded smartphones by a few years and suprise suprise the apple interface looks like a palm PDA..........Now who bought Palm?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

the S3 is a beast of a phone. do you know which model you got? the "international" version is the i9300 and that sucker is a quad core processor. One a phone! The other variants (depends on your telco and country really) are dual core instead of quad but offer more system ram, i think a full 2 gigs?

I've got an S2 and dropped cm10 on it, and trust me, my coworkers s3 is actually a little slower than my s2 for some things.

A few tips for you. Get and install samsung kies. It's the windows based software for the phone, think itunes with less features and extremely slow.... don't use it to transfer music or any of that crap but you can and SHOULD use it to connect the phone to your pc and check for firmware updates.

the S3 initially ships with android icecream sandwich (4?) but most carriers have already pushed out 4.1.2 jellybean for the s3, but you'll need to check the kies software for that.

If you intend to root the phone, which you should, it's a pretty simple process and even without installing a custom rom on it, once you root it with custom firmware you can create a nand backup of your phone, that's essentially a captured image of the entire phone, firmware, apps, settings, all of it. You can leave that on your phone if you have the space (smart) and copy it to an external location (smart) incase you ever need to restore it.

I haven't played too much with it, mostly my s2, but trust me, once you strip off all the samsung bloatware (or whatever crap your carrier installed) it's amuch better device.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

For me though ...the GIII unit is too large.

This is the main Issue I have with most of the phones on the market now.. so bulky you can't drop them in your coat pocket .. I've already got a wallet and barely fits in my back pocket...you'd figure if the companies are making the notebooks/Ebook readers so large.. why don't they just a phone in them already ? sheesh !

any suggestions for a decent phone for a person 'on the go'?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
for me the size of the S3 is just perfect. I am coming on in age, and it feels as though my eyes gets weaker on a daily base. The screen on my iPhone was just too small, esp. for doing anything on the internet. The S3 on the other hand just fits my eyesight, lol .... oh yes, and it integrates perfecty with my mobile GPS, using smartlink

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Can you provide any more info or a link regarding this?

Its time I get a new phone and I would avoid something like this at all costs.

But I hate Apple and google as well so not sure what to get.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Htc one x android user. I love it. There is wayy more customizations possible than iphone, you can change the type of launcher, which basically changes the whole way the phone is used if you get bored, seems like a new phone. I like the multiple buttons at the bottom for different functions. My phones a little bigger than iphone but the screen is way bigger. Its more thin also. The android market and music downloading blows iphone away.

But, i cant blame people for liking the iphone it is nice, i just hate when everyone blindly likes it just because of tv advertising.
My new friends who got the new iphone 5 havent even like showed off their phones to me at all like usual because there is nothing new about it lol.
One last thing that is awesome about the htc one x, that the s 3 might have not sure, is being able to take pictures of videos on the stock camera. Its like i never have to worry about catching the right moment in a picture because i can just take a vid and get it later.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The Sony Xperia S also blew my mind!...display is amazing:

Iphone user for life though, most stable OS out there IMO.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by taws6

Originally posted by samlf3rd Thank you Samsung for making such a great product!

You should probably thank apple for being there so Samsung can copy it's product

Apple wins lawsuit against Samsung, as jury awards $1B for patent infringement

Yes, Apple sues everyone for using the name POD in anything, do you really think Apple came up with all of that? I doubt it, they probably bought the technology from someone. I do love my MacBook Pro thought!

Also I have a 61 Samsung smart Plasma T.V., and it is the clearest nicest awesome tv in the world. I can see it from any angle, and everyone I know is jealous, I am not kidding you-plasma and Samsung are awesome.
edit on 20-11-2012 by samlf3rd because: misspelling

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I've been a fan of the Casio GZ series flip phones. Mainly because I am fairly active and they are tough. Usually built to mil-spec.

I even texted my buddy from the bottom of his pool.
Which could be handy if you can be a calm state of mind while drowning.

Are there cases for the S3 that can do this?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
ITT high end obsolescence

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I hope these phones can eveolve into a "personal witness" as well someday.......
Where only the owner can deactivate the device, and it can be used in court to Witness anything...contracts or even a persons demise say......
Of course the thing will have to be indestructable, but thats not too much to shoot for....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join