It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Samsung Galaxy S 3 Review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Okay I have to say, I am a gadget guy and a business owner. I never really found telephones to be a realistic help other than making phone calls, emailing, and texting. The internet was always super slow, and the apps were as useless as I had imagined before purchasing them.

Well funny story-while i was getting my new phone at Radio Shack in Hobart Indiana the miss priss manager who knew nothing about electronics told me how she loved her iphone so much, bah blah blah... It was funny that she laid it down next to my phone while she was installing my software and you could fit the new iphone in my screen-too funny!
Next I was sold originally on the new technologies the phone has starting with the most important feature: Phone Connectivity. I haven't dropped a call yet. You see this phone has not only 3G, and 4G, but it also has LTE which is awesome!

Then the phone has a super cool and super easy to use Panoramic photo feature-very sweet-I took a picture of my entire kitchen, everyone at the table, my family room and people on the couch-amazing!

The phone also has this cool "eyeball" that pops up to scan your face to see if you are still looking at the phone or not-if you are the screen will not shut off, if you aren't looking the screen will shut down-it's crazy. It scans every few seconds-even if you are at an angle it still knows your eyes are looking at this screen-WTF??????

Then we have "S-Voice" (Siri for Samsung) although it has no sense of humor like Siri, I can ask it almost anythin and it gives this crazy long explanation of what it is. I can say how big is the moon, and it brings up crazy math calculations, graphs, pictures, and everything else. I love it. What is 12,340 divided by 35? Let's see... You can tell it do most functions like "navigate to Chicago", or call Dave, or text tammy.

Beyond that there is a cool thing that if I flip the phone over it will mute my MP3 player or phone call, and I can cover my hand over the phone to mute it and unmute it.

The Speaker is very loud I love my music, and listen to music constantly. I have never had a phone with a good enough speak or battery for that matter to play music from my phone. Plus I can plug in ANY mp3 adapter or earphones without buying a special attachment from Apple

The buttons and links are right where you expect them to be ( the dial button, contact button, etc.) There is also sub-menus for phone and contact-very awesome! This product was very well thought out. It's like they heard everything we said with our old junk phones-like amn couldn't this be here or over there? We need this, and that, and so forth.

4 Thumbs

Built-in extra flashlight, the list goes on and on. Thank you Samsung for making such a great product!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

The phone also has this cool "eyeball" that pops up to scan your face to see if you are still looking at the phone or not-

You're on ATS and you think is a good thing? Interesting. I think most people here, myself included, wouldn't appreciate a phone, or any other device, that constantly scans your face. Especially not a creepy eyeball on a phone.

Yikes

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
My sister bought one for my 15 year old niece last week,a light blue colour.Awesome phone,niece loves it.Quad core processor,a beast of a phone.I'm still using a galaxy ace but when my contract is up for renewal that's the one I want.
my niece has had it glued to her hand since she got it!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Here is a good link if you want to root your phone.Get total control,no ads,control dodgy app permissions etc.dottech.org... oot-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-gt-i9305-and-install-clockworkmod-recovery-guide/

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

You can ask it almost anything you say, well ask the freaky little bugger why its watching you.

Sounds like a decent phone but the eyeball is taking the p!ss

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The old accidental double OP submission...

please add comments and opinions here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you,

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join