It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3.4 Mile Doorway Into Planet Mercury Discovered

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
See how the imagination runs wild when presented with such a Rorschach test?

Thats why I generally refrain from such exercises as they result in open ended speculative forays into fiction.

What does the test say about people who when presented with real and obvious object say..."there is nothing there. it is all my imagination"?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
Why not launch a nuke that we are not currently using and aim it for that hole. would be fun to see what happens next. We will soon find out if we are alone or not

I know you're just trying to be cute but that's a terrible idea. And why do you think blowing up nukes on Mercury will gain more attention than blowing up nukes on Earth?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The doorway is the entry point for those who are ruled by the planet mercury in the zodiac.

If mercury doesn't rule in your zodiac, you might as well look teh other way.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
As a rule of thumb rocks dont form at 90" angles. Atleast not here on Earth. The next probe we launch at Mercury should be sent into what ever it is. Said probe will need to be suitably armored against the pressure and heat i imagine.
edit on 20-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It proves mythology to be correct because it is obviously an uncovered grave of a TITAN! Grave robbers strike again!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Rocks dont form at 90" angles. Atleast not here on Earth. The next probe we launch at Mercury should be sent into what ever it is. Said probe will need to be suitably armored against the pressure and heat i imagine.

Strange things happen all over.

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-11-2012 by jeantherapy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
"Strange things happen all over. "

Your image link is not working for me. I know there are exceptional circumstances where rock formations do some strange things. Look at the giant's causeway in Ireland. But this thing looks interesting to say the least, dont you think?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Sorry, my brain stopped working properly.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
How close to the sun is mercury.........?

Does Mercury revolve around the sun and would that doorway 'face' the sun at all during it's orbit....?

If not then does the 'doorway' sit on the darkside of Mercury away from the sun....?

Just curious.....

PDUK

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

It could be a camofloughed building. Never know until we get a probe beside it taking more photos.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
How close to the sun is mercury.........?

Does Mercury revolve around the sun and would that doorway 'face' the sun at all during it's orbit....?

If not then does the 'doorway' sit on the darkside of Mercury away from the sun....?

Just curious.....

PDUK

The minimum distance from the Sun to mercury is 28.5 million miles. The maximum distance is 43.5 million miles. The rotation of Mercury is very strange It rotates on its axis very slowly compared to its orbital period. One rotation takes 175.97 Earth days.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Didn't Kubrick film the Apollo moon landing on Mercury?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
or it could be the shadow of a object standing up straight, monolith
edit on 20-11-2012 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
These problem is the theory of evolution. The scientific community cannot accept that life exists outside this earth because it could only have started on this planet and it was a accident of nature which could not be duplicated anywhere else. Of course, it also means that there cannot be any intelligent life outside the earth.
Look up the following on google: meteor crater Arizona. When you look at this crater from the air, it is an almost perfect square. If it was a meteor explosion,it would be round. What could have caused this crater? How about an ancient spaceship crashing into this planet. If anybody has a better explanation, I would like to hear it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike215
These problem is the theory of evolution. The scientific community cannot accept that life exists outside this earth because it could only have started on this planet and it was a accident of nature which could not be duplicated anywhere else. Of course, it also means that there cannot be any intelligent life outside the earth.
Look up the following on google: meteor crater Arizona. When you look at this crater from the air, it is an almost perfect square. If it was a meteor explosion,it would be round. What could have caused this crater? How about an ancient spaceship crashing into this planet. If anybody has a better explanation, I would like to hear it.

Meteors come in many shapes and sizes. How they look will depend upon many factors: angle of impact, speed of impact, density of the meteor, density of the surface it strikes, and on here on Earth there is one other factor: erosion.

Meteor Crater is not square, nor is is perfectly round (nor are all craters as you stated).

Evolution does not state that there can not be any intelligent life or life period outside of Earth.

There is a BIG difference between saying "life evolved on earth" and "life originated on earth"

There are many, many theories out there that suggest that life may have evolved here, but originated else where. That the Earth may have been "seeded" by meteors.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by davolobos
reply to post by isyeye

It could be a camofloughed building. Never know until we get a probe beside it taking more photos.

It could be an rectangular life form too, one of a kind, all alone on Mercury for billions of years, and rather lonely. We should send probes to make him happy.

We'll never know until we do!

(IF we go at night, it wont be so hot either!)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

reply to post by isyeye

It could be an rectangular life form too, one of a kind, all alone on Mercury for billions of years, and rather lonely. We should send probes to make him happy.

We'll never know until we do!

(IF we go at night, it wont be so hot either!)

Just because probes make you happy, dont mean it will make it happy

edit on 11/21/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

reply to post by isyeye

and then we will still never know.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
As a rule of thumb rocks dont form at 90" angles. Atleast not here on Earth. ]

Which Earth are you on?
I've seen plenty that do.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Maybe one of those large objects orbiting our Sun has landed on Mercury.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join