It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3.4 Mile Doorway Into Planet Mercury Discovered

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
For the people that think that this is just a imaging error or faked or whatever, you need to recall the huge hole they found on mars.

source

The mysterious dark spot you see above in the MRO imaging is speculated to be a dark hole in the Mars terrain that is so large and deep that very little light is reflected back out of it. It is suppose to be about the length of a football field across which would roughly be about 100 yards. It is actually just one of seven such pits or holes discovered in the Themis imaging and they are known collectively as the "Seven Sisters" and this site is the smaller of those They are all named and this one in the MRO imaging is named "Jeanne."

Thank you for posting this, I'd never heard of it before and was amazed to see it confirmed by several other sources.

Wonder if these guys have anything to do with them:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Looks like a shadow to me. At least what you're seeing as a hole in the ground follows exactly the direction of the shadows in the image. I would say it's just a huge rock with sharp edges that is projecting a rectangular shadow on the ground.

Nice find though.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

could be a censorship mark

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Lets bury the shadow idea... it is very im plausible that it is a shadow since the light seems to fall from the top of the photos in the OP photos. Based on everything else in the photo.

The rectangular "shadow" appears to fall upwards as if the light was coming from the bottom.
So in order for it to fall downwards, there would have to be a shape... a protrusion... some cliffs ABOVE the rectangle and I sure can't see that shape or cliff......

Therefore if it is not pixel error or cencorship, then we have to conclude it is in fact a hole in the surface.

Then we can ask ourselves why it is so damn straight all the way around (relatively speaking).
edit on 20/11/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
It is either
A: natural formation casting a shadow
B: camera artifact
C: non natural structure
D: all of the above because lets face it, we will never know so go forth and call it what you will, but have fun with it.

... I know that's not in the spirit of seeking knowledge, but really, how can you prove or disprove anything like this.

In all likelihood B may be proved wrong, but A & C will do your head in for ever.

But by all means......

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
I zoomed in on the rectangle and adjusted the contast and brightness a little...You can clearly see that there is something on inside of the hole, maybe just part of the terrain...It's hard to tell exatly what it is.

You can also see at the top of the black area, there is an upright formation that you are viewing almost directly from overhead. A large rectangular rock, it appears. This would be what is casting the shadow.

Part of the shadow is at the base of the formation itself, but almost bleeds into the rest of the shadow, tricking the eye into seeing the shadow as a whole, instead of parts.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Well there's only one way to settle this... Everyone, pack up your stuff, we're going to Mercury. It's going to get a little hot over there so bring some sunscreen.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
That's a ufo garage

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

The op doesn't, they even say this in the first post. The title is to draw people in, think of newspaper headlines.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
N0 smooth edges..............w/blemishes on the surface.

edit on 20-11-2012 by Valedictorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
"Oh my god! It's full of stars!"

Nod to Stanley Kubrick

Brilliant beezer, Is that Hillrak Clintobam you use for your avatar?

Interesting thread, lets see where it goes.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DovahPrettyKeen
What if the 3.4 or the mathematical measurements of this rectangle hold some value? I've been doing my own research and apparently .34n is a distance measured in DNA. I also tried to find bible verses related to 3.4
Maybe there are more numbers to this in general.
I'm not good with numbers, but that's one thing "aliens" tend to like. Making jokes and messages through math.
So don't look at the rectangle as a rectangle. Look at it as a message of some kind.

But only for the limited amount of people that use "miles", right?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
well that's huge and it's definitely not a perfect rectangle with right angles.. you can see a vast amount of "cracking" along the entire area. ... my guess is that it is a lower laying area and therefore casting a odd shadow in the black in white photo.. if it were in color it would easier to tell...

Never trust a JPEG image when you want to really know what the image is showing.

The same area from the TIFF version looks slightly different.
(gamma correction applied)

edit on 20/11/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Pareidolia.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

By golly I think you got it the answer to the glass tubes found on Mars as well. They are the shed skins of these worms.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

umm ya pixelation will do that... because pixels are in block form... the larger the pixel the more boxy the image will be.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Hi isyeye,

Couldn't resist giving it a shot, so I fired up Photoshop and selected the rectangle then adjusted the levels to bring out what lies in darkness.

It certainly seems from doing that... that it is not a hole at all but indeed just a shadow, or, an area lying just below the camera's sensitivity capabilities.

Oh, well...

And here is the result of this quickie with CS3...

Peace and Happy Thanksgiving,

Pixel

Note to my man ArMaP: Hope this meets with your approval... I just did it off the jpg in the post. Should try it with the real image, I agree, as always.
Here's yours... Talk about blocky!

edit on 11/20/2012 by PixelDuster because: Classified

edit on 11/20/2012 by PixelDuster because: Classified

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Why not launch a nuke that we are not currently using and aim it for that hole. would be fun to see what happens next. We will soon find out if we are alone or not

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
For the people that think that this is just a imaging error or faked or whatever, you need to recall the huge hole they found on mars.
OK I'm one of the people who suspects an imaging error is one possibility.
Thanks for posting that Mars image. When I look at the hole on Mars, it looks like a hole.

But when I look at the Mercury image, it doesn't look like a hole to me. So if this photo was supposed to convince me the Mercury image can't be an imaging error, it failed to do so. I'm not convinced it's an imaging error either...I don't know what it is, but imaging error still seems like a possibility.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Ummm I think it is common knowledge that this is just the Dr and his TARDIS. Didn't everyone know that?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join