It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3.4 Mile Doorway Into Planet Mercury Discovered

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I came across this about a "doorway" on Mercury. I thought it looked interesting, so I thought I'd see what the ATS experts had to say.

Disclaimer: I'm in NO way claiming this to be a doorway, made by aliens, or any other nonsense. I'm just brining it to the attention of ATS.

www.ufosightingsdaily.com...

I was looking over some Mercury photos and found this unusual black doorway. It is long and rectangle in shape with four almost perfect right angel corners. Unless meteor cubes are pummeling planets, this seems to be made by ancient aliens. Since nasa states; "the crater that is just left of the center of the photo is 42km (26 miles) in diameter," this gives us the approximate size of the doorway. It takes 7.5 of the doors to cross the entire crater, meaning the doorway is 5.6km long or 3.4 miles. That is a giant doorway for giant ships to travel through.

______beforeitsnews/beyond-science/2012/11/3-4-mile-doorway-into-planet-mercury-discovered-nov-2012-2439954.html

Scott C. Waring, author of UFO Sightings Daily, was looking over some Mercury photos and found this unusual black doorway. It is long and rectangle in shape with four almost perfect right angel corners. Unless meteor cubes are pummeling planets, this seems to be made by ancient aliens.

I know, I know....Beforeitsnews.com is NOT a reliable source.

Don't kill the messenger....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It's probably just an area they didn't have images for.

Although, it also might be an area that they are hiding something in too?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
I came across this about a "doorway" on Mercury. I thought it looked interesting, so I thought I'd see what the ATS experts had to say.

Disclaimer: I'm in NO way claiming this to be a doorway, made by aliens, or any other nonsense. I'm just bringing it to the attention of ATS.

Well, it's nice that it appears they left it open for us, although if it's air-conditioned inside (which I must assume), then they're letting all the cool air out.
edit on 19-11-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
"Oh my god! It's full of stars!"

Nod to Stanley Kubrick

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I think the raised surface to the left of the Sharpie ink resembles a face!

Perhaps said "door" is a shadow? Image defect? And old swimming pool?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Nod to Stanley Kubrick

It does look like a huge shadow cast from a very tall monolith.

edit on 19-11-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

It does look like a huge shadow cast from a very tall monolith.

Yes, given the general direction of other shadows in the photo, I'll go with shadow too.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Be careful here, this is essentially a Rorschach test.

An innoculus dark spot on a lightly colored background. What do I see? Is it what I want to see?

Your response to this photo reveals more about your psychology than it reveals about the photo itself.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Nod to Stanley Kubrick

Open the pod bay doors Beezer.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
See how the imagination runs wild when presented with such a Rorschach test?

Thats why I generally refrain from such exercises as they result in open ended speculative forays into fiction.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Be careful here, this is essentially a Rorschach test.

An innoculus dark spot on a lightly colored background. What do I see? Is it what I want to see?

Your response to this photo reveals more about your psychology than it reveals about the photo itself.

Great. So it says I'm an Arthur C. Clarke fan and sci-fi geek.

Or maybe I'm right!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Exactly.

Also revealed was that you are in touch with your creative brain functions, and that you have hope for disclosure, etc.

Rorschach test hehe

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

I'll let HAL provide my reply.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Dave? What are you doing, Dave? You left the door open, Dave......

I thought the same thing when I saw it, 2001 Space Odessy= Most Boring movie ever made.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
reply to post by beezzer

Dave? What are you doing, Dave? You left the door open, Dave......

I thought the same thing when I saw it, 2001 Space Odessy= Most Boring movie ever made.

Perhaps. But the idea that a structure on the surface of Mercury is just a little more plausable now because of it.

I thought 2010 was a better movie, but some of the lines in 2001 were classic!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Out of all the things it could be, someone chose "doorway"? Theres also an almost perfect triangle to the bottom right of the doorway.. It must be a Pyramid.
edit on 19-11-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
my question is how do people go from a picture
of a rock on a distant planet, to a doorway?

there is not enough in the picture to have a clue as
to what it is...

but i'll go out on a limb and say.. its a rock...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
For the people that think that this is just a imaging error or faked or whatever, you need to recall the huge hole they found on mars.

source

The mysterious dark spot you see above in the MRO imaging is speculated to be a dark hole in the Mars terrain that is so large and deep that very little light is reflected back out of it. It is suppose to be about the length of a football field across which would roughly be about 100 yards. It is actually just one of seven such pits or holes discovered in the Themis imaging and they are known collectively as the "Seven Sisters" and this site is the smaller of those They are all named and this one in the MRO imaging is named "Jeanne."

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Nod to Stanley Kubrick

Thank you Moonwatcher. ( also Stanley)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Hey that's pretty cool! Nature doesn't make right angles all that often. Certainly not 4 at a time! Looks artificial to me. Just admit it...ALIENS!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join