It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really America?...This is what's important to you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I've been watching the petitions that are being submitted at the whitehouse.gov site since the whole seccession thing started. The one I noticed today, and the number of people that have signed the petition compared to other more worthy petitions (Abolish the illegal Federal Reserve) floored me.

Is this really what is important to the American people?

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

Is a college football team really more important for the people of the US to get behind and sign a petition for versus things that are of real importance to us as a nation?

Wake up America!!!...Turn off the damn television and fight for what's important to all of us!

edit on 19-11-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I lose more and more faith for humanity everyday ....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
You do realize that those signatures combined add up to about 3,000 a mere fraction of the population. Although it is easy to become cynical when reading such petitions, it is pointless to point out such small things which occur out of emotional ignorance.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
panem et circenses........

Bread and circus' for the masses to distract their attention from the deceit their government perpetuates.

Most people are more interested in the outcome of a sports competition than anything really important. So this comes as no surprise.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

Of course they are only a small percentage of our population, however, even though we have a place to petition our government, those small group of people that choose to voice their opinion find it more import to support a football team over REAL politics.

IMO, this holds rather true in the real world view as well...Where I live people are more interested in the score of the game than they are what is happening in the world around them.

reply to post by sheepslayer247

Sad but true.

edit on 19-11-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Agreed...but you cant take us as a collective equaling one whole. Most youth could care less...an equal amount of adults really dont see why they even should care..and they join the new world of web info, games, sites, communications, IPhone and Pads and Kindles. Thats what matters...and even then, its not long lived.
need

I think the issue is us, the "old majority-now minority" care about issues no longer important to the masses. Look at just the Sandy devastion. We had stranded Americans and in need of help and rescue...but within 2 days...even tho they were STILL in need...the entire net moved on to the Presidental election.

America? What are we thinking? We know now...there is no "one-for-all-as-a-country" collective. Its gone, is getting farther apart each day...and you are right. The more that we care these days...the more that the rest tell us to move over...
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: spelling

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Because those amount to such a small percentage of all American citizens, I don't think it's fair to say that is what's important to America. I think that's a very big generalization.

I do understand your frustration though.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Probably all OSU students. But knowing the current administration that's probably the only petition that will get attention.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Since when can only "American's" start a petition on that site? I just opened an account with a B.S. email account.

Perhaps you need to not include your generality as a smirk against "American's".

Also, do you actually think any of these petitions will get any attention? If you do, then keep paying attention to reading pure #e.

MG

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yes. This is what is important to most Americans.

Politics is just a topic of discussion for most people, and they're not interested in the topic: "Eeww...that takes too much reading and study".

Have you ever watched those interviews of random people on the street? Most can't even tell you who their congressman and senator are. Most don't have a clue who the big political players in Washington are. They barely know that the current president is Barack Hussein Obama. Our politicians like it that way.

"Hand me another beer. How 'bout them Cowboys!"

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

I guess our soldiers no longer fight for freedom, they fight for the right to watch Monday Night Football.

Perhaps I just expect more from the "intelligent" creatures humans are suppose to be.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye

I guess our soldiers no longer fight for freedom, they fight for the right to watch Monday Night Football.

Perhaps I just expect more from the "intelligent" creatures humans are suppose to be.

They fight for Americans...period. I don't think a soldier is concerned with what a particular person is interested in and they will fight for you whether you are a sports fan, a pop culture devotee, or a political enthusiast. They fight for your rights, one of which is the freedom to express yourself freely whether you appreciate the scope of their sacrifice or not.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Amazing what people will go through to see a football game and the amount of money they will spend yet won't bother to spend 10 minutes to read about something as critical as the Federal Reserve system or sign a petition.
Or spend 24 hours straight playing angry birds.
We are sad collectively, I have to wonder what percentage even care about the direction our country is taking - 30%?20%, 3%?
::Sigh::

Moving a ball back and forth on 100 yards of grass -
This is excitement?
Whatever....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Someone want to fill me in where any petition to the White House has ever changed anything?

Never heard of such a thing.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The "Whitehouse petition" is a Madison Avenue publicity stunt....

Whereas ordinary citizens have access to it - and can ask their question or make their suggestions... they are outnumbered by the political zealots and the water armies that the political cabal uses... further they are also available to any corporate lobbyists agenda, and even foreign-sponsored public relations trash they can dream up....

saying that the petition sight somehow reflects the attitudes and nature of Americans is like saying the graffiti on bathroom walls represents the building you're in....

all it really represents is what those who run the site want us to look like to each other.... a very real game of social engineering....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I would say Pennsylvania avenue publicity stunt where they just want to make people feel "special"

Quite a bit of people buy in to it.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Oh, it's only a good 1, 075 signatures behind the Football one. I mean, it's not like the Federal Reserve's implementation of Keynesian economics, Quantitive Easing especially, has ever effected our every day lives.

The more I zoomed in, the more I kind of laughed about it. Incredulously.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye

They haven't fought for our freedom since 1812 really.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

For what its worth, here are the ones with the most signatures right now...

A few good ones there.

edit on 19-11-2012 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

To my surprise, they removed the petition...and the one for aboloshing the Federal Reserve has moved up.

Faith restored in humanity?...no...but perhaps one day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join